PKHex (20200314)Attempted to load an unsupported file type/size.

WSR

Hello,

I use the latest version of PKHex (20200314) 

But he gives the same error over and over:

---------------------------
Error
Attempted to load an unsupported file type/size. This could be caused by loading a different generation Pokemon file on an unsupported generation or your file is corrupt.

File Loaded:
D:\Desktop\新建文件夹\fd1\main

File Size: 1513822 bytes
1513822 bytes (0x17195E)
确定   

I read many topics here but i can't find the answer. Hopefully someone can help me to fix this.

I use a save file of Pokemon Sword

main1 main2

3 hours ago, WSR said:

Hello,

I use the latest version of PKHex (20200314) 

But he gives the same error over and over:

Error
Attempted to load an unsupported file type/size. This could be caused by loading a different generation Pokemon file on an unsupported generation or your file is corrupt.

File Loaded:
D:\Desktop\新建文件夹\fd1\main

File Size: 1513822 bytes
1513822 bytes (0x17195E)
确定   

I read many topics here but i can't find the answer. Hopefully someone can help me to fix this.

I use a save file of Pokemon Sword

main1 1.44 MB · 4 downloads main2 1.44 MB · 2 downloads

I don't think save files should be like this. Having the lines of 0xFF and a visible "USBC" is not normal, and not what a SWSH save file looks like.
image.png

How did you obtain such a save file again?

edit:
It looks like the bytes from 0x200 onwards might contain data for a save file, but trimming this file is useless, as it was cut off at the address where the save file would have ended.
Since this file is padded with 0x200 of nonsense, but the file ends at the correct spot, that means the theoretical "actual save portion" in the file is smaller than normal.
With that in mind, the save cannot be decrypted properly, even if we remove the padding.

So once again, how are you obtaining this "save" file?

8 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

I don't think save files should be like this. Having the lines of 0xFF and a visible "USBC" is not normal, and not what a SWSH save file looks like.
image.png

How did you obtain such a save file again?

edit:
It looks like the bytes from 0x200 onwards might contain data for a save file, but trimming this file is useless, as it was cut off at the address where the save file would have ended.
Since this file is padded with 0x200 of nonsense, but the file ends at the correct spot, that means the theoretical "actual save portion" in the file is smaller than normal.
With that in mind, the save cannot be decrypted properly, even if we remove the padding.

So once again, how are you obtaining this "save" file?

After modifying the save, I clicked save main and overwrite the save before modification

Just now, WSR said:

After modifying the save, I clicked save main and overwrite the save before modification

You did not say anything about the save file being one that has modification done to it.

How did you obtain the original save file then? Can the original be opened by PKHeX?
When you modify it, is the save file location on your computer, or was the saving done via USB-C connected to the Switch?

5 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

You did not say anything about the save file being one that has modification done to it.

How did you obtain the original save file then? Can the original be opened by PKHeX?
When you modify it, is the save file location on your computer, or was the saving done via USB-C connected to the Switch?

I obtained the original save file by Checkpoint on swith.

The original  can be opened by PKHeX.

When i modify it, the save file location  was on my computer

7 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

you mind telling me what specific modifications you done that caused the error. I'll see if I can recreate it.

The box is full of eggs,i just deleted some eggs arround the shiny one

• 7 months later...

@how do i hak

HEY! HAVING SAME ISSUE WITH ULTRA MOON ..    I HAVE DOWNLOADED LATEST VERSION OF PKHex BUT BRO FIRST I DOWNLOADED IT THREE TIMES  BECAUSE IT WAS SAYING FATAL ERROR THEN SOME KINDA MAGIC HAPPENED AND THEN PKHex OPENED BUT HOWEVER IT SAID TO THE SAVE FILE THAT I LOADED { UNSUPPORTED FILE  TYPE SIZE } I HAVE ATTACHED THE MAIN FILE BELOW PLEASE!!!!!!!! HELP ME OUT MY TIGERS. IF ANY SOLUTION TELL ME QUICK

main

@MASTER RUDRA First of, tagging me and PMing me is unnecessary.

Being demanding makes people not want to help you. Typing in all caps does not help your case.
I've deleted the unnecessary double post.

I'm giving you one chance to correct your behaviour.

You are the problem. You're presumably using an outdated version of PKHeX.
Your save loads fine for me.

image.png

Now I'll repeat this again. Stop typing in all caps and PMing me.

• Ashamed 1