Checkpoint not saving current file

Shadraak

I got everything working as normal at first I was able to save my game to checkpoint was able to edit the file just fine restored it everything was OK. Got a new Pokémon in a trade. Went back in the checkpoint backed up again it shows the file in the list but when I look at it it’s everything from before it doesn’t have the new Pokémon in it. I have tried multiple Ways to try to get this to work every save I do from this point on is seeming to be an old one yeah when I load the game normally it has the right Pokémon.

4 hours ago, Shadraak said:

I got everything working as normal at first I was able to save my game to checkpoint was able to edit the file just fine restored it everything was OK. Got a new Pokémon in a trade. Went back in the checkpoint backed up again it shows the file in the list but when I look at it it’s everything from before it doesn’t have the new Pokémon in it. I have tried multiple Ways to try to get this to work every save I do from this point on is seeming to be an old one yeah when I load the game normally it has the right Pokémon.

Which system, 3DS or Switch?

If it's the Switch, am I right to guess that your Pokemon received by trade is done on OFW, and checkpoint dumping is done via CFW?

If your situation is indeed as I described, your OFW and CFW profiles have unlinked. It is not known how they unlinked, but I can only imagine you've done some kind of update (maybe game, firmware etc) that caused them to unlink. Thus, your CFW and OFW saves are different now.

If the above isn't your described issue, ignore the paragraph, and report to us all the details.
(Device? using CFW? Using emunand? etc)

• 2 weeks later...

So far, it seems the only way to link profiles, would be a restart and create a new emunand based on your sysnand profile.

But that isn't going to be a solution forever. Identification of what causes the unlinking goes a long way.
At present, I'm assuming it unlinked when game versions/updates or software versions between both nands differs,
so keep that in mind. Always update both before going forward.