Glitches with Batch Editor Created Gen 8 Pokemon

chropic

Hi there,

I've been recently experimenting with Batch Editing Pokemon in Gen 7 in order to gen Pokemon from Gen 8, and I've been doing it pretty well with few errors. However, yesterday, I encountered a very weird error. When using my Batch Editor template down below to help gen my complete National Pokedex, Bank will freeze make me power cycle my console when I deposit any of the Pokemon made with it. Also, the Ability stays the exact same as the Pokemon I am replacing, despite the "$uggest" tag being present. The "$uggest" tag works with abilites on the starters from Gen 8 just fine for some reason, but nothing else. Here's the editor template I've been using;

=Box=
=Slot=
.Species=
.Ability=$uggest
.Ball=4
.AbilityNumber=1
.Met_Level=$uggest
.CurrentLevel=$uggest
.Met_Location=$uggest
.MetDate=$uggest
.Version=$uggest
.Move1=$uggest
.Move2=$uggest
.Move3=$uggest
.Move4=$uggest
.RelearnMove1=$uggest
.RelearnMove2=$uggest
.RelearnMove3=$uggest
.RelearnMove4=$uggest
.Move1_PP=$uggest
.Move2_PP=$uggest
.Move3_PP=$uggest
.Move4_PP=$uggest
.Gender=$uggest
.IsNicknamed=False
.PID=$rand
.IV_ATK=$rand
.IV_HP=$rand
.IV_SPA=$rand
.IV_SPE=$rand
.IV_SPD=$rand
.IV_DEF=$rand
.TrainerSID7=0220
.TrainerID7=022920
.OT_Name=Galar
.OT_Gender=0
.Nature=$rand
.Language=2
.ConsoleRegion=1
.Country=49
.EncryptionConstant=$rand

Does anyone know what's wrong with the Pokemon when deposited into Bank or why the Ability doesn't change? Also, even when I'm not depositing a genned Pokemon, but depositing a normal Pokemon located on the Save File that any Batch Edited Gen 8 Pokemon is on, the Bank glitch still happens. It also happens when I withdraw. Thanks.

Pokemon i'm Converting;gen7ability.png

Pokemon Converted with Illegal Ability:gen8ability.png

Different Pokemon that i'm transferring into Bank.

gen8pkmn.png

My 3DS' screen after depositing and saving, stays like this until I power cycle it. Music still plays in background:imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-WRikWQ23ruxzN.png.44e5ce0374506f45c663cbb1d9f0706c.png

Edited by chropic
image context

14 minutes ago, Asia81 said:

your're using $uggest while it's probably $suggest (you're missing the s)

That's what I originally thought it was, but when I put the suggest like that it let me go with no errors. It looks like this when I use "$suggest"

Annotation 2020-03-20 165710.png

1 minute ago, Michael J. Caboose said:

For starters, the examples you're showing are of generated Gen 8 Pokémon in Gen 7 saves. Those Pokémon don't exist in that generation, so of course they're not going to appear properly.

There’s a glitch presently, where as long as the ID is correct, even if they don’t exist, they’ll transfer via bank into HOME, and show up correctly.

@chropic I’ve experienced something like @Asia81 mentioned previously. I think I had to remove any IV modification code for batch editor to work correctly, but that isn’t the issue you’re having.

Consider only transferring one hacked in gen 8 at a time, and narrow down which batch editor code works (perhaps try by testing which line works, and which doesn’t).

But still, I wouldn’t recommend even trying this, they may be logging data and users may get banned in the future..

1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

There’s a glitch presently, where as long as the ID is correct, even if they don’t exist, they’ll transfer via bank into HOME, and show up correctly.

@chropic I’ve experienced something like @Asia81 mentioned previously. I think I had to remove any IV modification code for batch editor to work correctly, but that isn’t the issue you’re having.

Consider only transferring one hacked in gen 8 at a time, and narrow down which batch editor code works (perhaps try by testing which line works, and which doesn’t).

But still, I wouldn’t recommend even trying this, they may be logging data and users may get banned in the future..

Thanks for the help, I'll attempt removing Batch Editor lines now. Going start with all the unneccessary stuff.  I've taken precautions against being banned as well, I don't even use the Pokemon I'm genning in my games. Just trying it to see what I can do. 

Well, the fact is you’re transferring impossible stuff from bank -> HOME. If they log the transfers, and log the device ID which your HOME uses to receive the transfer, they could easily ban your device. 

That’s provided they log that stuff, of course. Yeah you could Always strip it and test part by part. See if it even works at bare minimum. For all we know, the recent HOME update blocks it, or maybe they updated Bank server side to make it freeze..

• 3 weeks later...