PKHeX support for v1.1.1 SWSH?

pkmfan

5 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

Check the date in the top left corner of the program and compare it to the latest release date.

Yes I downloaded the latest version of PKhex. Just redid it. Everything in PKhex works fine, and everything in Checkpoint works fine but when I load the game I get an error and it has to close. I can revert back to an older save file before the patch though. Just seems like any modification I make, just adding a single Pokemon will create an issue when loading the game.

3 minutes ago, pkmfan said:

Yes I downloaded the latest version of PKhex. Just redid it. Everything in PKhex works fine, and everything in Checkpoint works fine but when I load the game I get an error and it has to close. I can revert back to an older save file before the patch though. Just seems like any modification I make, just adding a single Pokemon will create an issue when loading the game.

You're importing things wrong.

This is not an issue with PKHeX.

11 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

You're importing things wrong.

This is not an issue with PKHeX.

Okay so what should I do to import things properly with the patch?

I can take the save file that works, and keep importing it just fine. But the moment I open it in PKhex and save it, the file will become non-compatible/corrupt. Not sure what version I should be using, the version I have is 20200314.

Edited by pkmfan

Hello i got a similar issue, I'm using the same method i was using before and that one was working fine but after the update to 1.1.1 I'm getting an error loading the game after i restored the file with checkpoint.

Also if i'm doing a minimal edit like change one of moves with another one on the green list.

Save main and backup, copy back in the checkpoint folder and restore it with checkpoint. i tried 5 times and the error is still appearing

I got the latest pkhex and if i reinstall the game and load the saved untouched backup it works perfectly.

Thanks in advance

Edited by p1ru5

I got same error too.

I backup using checkpoint then put files in the PC for PKHeX to edit. open up the program, open the "main" file, do a minimal edit for testing (like adding items), Export and replace the Original main. Go back to checkpoint Restore save files, open the game after loading screen with Nintendo's logos get error "The software was closed because an error occurred".

Went back to PC open up the file and get the corrupted error. missing anything? FYI I am using latest version of PkHeX (20200314) and using Pokemon Shield v1.1.1

Update: 

downloaded PKHEX (0200214) and went thru the same steps and got the same error.  I am beginning to suspect that game version 1.1.1 has something to do with it.

Edited by PkTrainer
info Update

49 minutes ago, PkTrainer said:

I got same error too.

I backup using checkpoint then put files in the PC for PKHeX to edit. open up the program, open the "main" file, do a minimal edit for testing (like adding items), Export and replace the Original main. Go back to checkpoint Restore save files, open the game after loading screen with Nintendo's logos get error "The software was closed because an error occurred".

Went back to PC open up the file and get the corrupted error. missing anything? FYI I am using latest version of PkHeX (20200314) and using Pokemon Shield v1.1.1

Update: 

downloaded PKHEX (0200214) and went thru the same steps and got the same error.  I am beginning to suspect that game version 1.1.1 has something to do with it.

you probably didn't name it right, or have extra stuff in your save folder.

Show us a screenshot of the save inside the folder.

Hello The slayer, i was using it correctly with the latest pkhex version before the update to 1.1.1 and was working fine. Now i can't make it work.

after i updated the game, is not working anymore if i edited the files in pkhex, on the save file folder there are main, backup and the trade file.

the error is the same as the guys above. if i don't touch anything and save the main and backup it works fine, if i edit something is not loading. :(

i also reinstalled checkpoint as swell but still have this issue.

Edited by p1ru5

I'm not kind of expert or a dev of pkhex, but have you guys tried to import the latest working savefile, then make any edit ON THE GAME with the latest patch (like change a move, healing pokemon ecc.), backing up a new save file, edit it and then re-injecting it into the console?
PkHex is working great for me with a save dumped from the patched game.

Also, have you updated the game via official channels, or have you installed it via NSP / other methods?

37 minutes ago, SkyLink24 said:

I'm not kind of expert or a dev of pkhex, but have you guys tried to import the latest working savefile, then make any edit ON THE GAME with the latest patch (like change a move, healing pokemon ecc.), backing up a new save file, edit it and then re-injecting it into the console?
PkHex is working great for me with a save dumped from the patched game.

Also, have you updated the game via official channels, or have you installed it via NSP / other methods?

I'm always using the switch to get more stuff or doing raids in game and saving the file every time.

i use the last backup made by checkpoint so is not an old save game so is made with the 1.1.1. 

Mine has been updated trough my main switch as the not patched one is banned. 

• 3 weeks later...

I got the same issue also with pokemon lets go.... i also tried the latest version of pkhex, any suggestion??

i follow these steps

export the savegame with checkpoint

then move the msd in the computer,

copy the savegame to the pc,

open pk hex, add 1 ball, click on export main and save.

copy back the save game folder into the Msd - overwrite the old one,

then restart the switch, and restore the savegame (same name) in checkpoint.

It was working fine before the update to 1.1.1 and now also i got same issue on pokemon lets go as well, SD card erased and installed the new CFW atmosphere as well.

Thanks in advance

Edited by p1ru5

@p1ru5 typically, the save must be called savedata.bin, and there cannot be extra files in the same folder you're importing from. (no savedata.bak, for example).

I literally just imported into LGPE, so I know PKHeX isn't the issue here.
(I added a ball into the PC just in case it was that, and it wasn't.)

If you're using an FTP, perhaps there was an error when transferring save to PC via FTP; try changing the setting to use binary transfer mode instead of ascii.

Let us know, cheers.

On 4/21/2020 at 12:50 AM, theSLAYER said:

@p1ru5 typically, the save must be called savedata.bin, and there cannot be extra files in the same folder you're importing from. (no savedata.bak, for example).

I literally just imported into LGPE, so I know PKHeX isn't the issue here.
(I added a ball into the PC just in case it was that, and it wasn't.)

If you're using an FTP, perhaps there was an error when transferring save to PC via FTP; try changing the setting to use binary transfer mode instead of ascii.

Let us know, cheers.

Thanks the slayer,

No i'm not using ftp, i.m moving the sd card into the pc and copy the savegame to it to be opened with pkhex and in case of Sword i got only main and backup file, for letsgo i got only the savedata,bin.

i cant understand why is not working, it was until i updated to Sword 1.1.1

i can't edit anything because i'm getting same error, if i open the savegame of sword with pkhex load some stuff and save without touch anything works fine.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by p1ru5

1 minute ago, p1ru5 said:

Thanks the slayer,

No i'm not using ftp, i.m moving the sd card into the pc and copy the savegame to it to be opened with pkhex and in case of Sword i got only main and backup file, for letsgo i got only the savedata,bin.

i cant understand why is not working, it was until i updated to Sword 1.1.1

i can't edit anything because i'm getting same error, if i open the savegame of sword with pkhex load some stuff and save without touch anything works fine.

Thanks for the help.

Screenshot of the folder you import for Sword. Have the image inside a spoiler.

22 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Screenshot of the folder you import for Sword. Have the image inside a spoiler.

Spoiler

image.png.7d73ce072a4371234cda732a59bf6a19.png

these are the files into the folder. looks like is normal, i always had these 3 files.

Edited by p1ru5

23 minutes ago, p1ru5 said:

Checkpoint do you think got some issue>>>???  any ideas

Not for me, but I don’t know what version you’re using. I don’t know if you used some kind of layered overlay for the game. Too many unknowns at this point. You need to go as updated and as vanilla as possible.

4 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Not for me, but I don’t know what version you’re using. I don’t know if you use some kind of layered overlay for the game. Too many unknowns at this point. You need to go as updated and as vanilla as possible.

I'm using atmosphere 0.11.1 with hekate bootload last version, checkpoint is the latest available on his developer page. what do you mean for save manager?

If you have any suggestion on what to try will be really appreciated.

1 minute ago, p1ru5 said:

I'm using atmosphere 0.11.1 with hekate bootload last version, checkpoint is the latest available on his developer page. what do you mean for save manager?

If you have any suggestion on what to try will be really appreciated.

Checkpoint is the save manager. It uses it to import and export the save. Just to be clear what problem were you having again?

was it save corruption, or was the save changes done via PKHeX not showing up in game?

27 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Checkpoint is the save manager. It uses it to import and export the save. Just to be clear what problem were you having again?

was it save corruption, or was the save changes done via PKHeX not showing up in game?

If i edit and save something in the savegame (both sword 1.1.1 and poke lets go) with pkhex and import back the savegame with checkpoint, the game doesn't load and an error appear. (if i open the file and save it without change anything, the savegame doesn't cause the issue)

it was working fine until i didn't update sword to 1.1.1

when i import the savedata / main file checkpoint show the correct message.

Update, tried again after i installed again checkpoints,

same error:

couldn't start the software

i'm resetting the switch fully and will try again!

Edited by p1ru5