How to open a .sav pokemon crystal file on PKXDelta -ERROR MONEY = 16777215 exceeds maximum 999999

Liuk4316

Hi guys, I cannot open the .sav file of pokemon crystal on PKX Delta. The error is "MONEY = 16777215 exceeds maximum 999999". Anyone knows how to fix it? The same error occurs when I try to use a gold .sav file, but I have no problem with every game of the first generation. Is it possible that second gen's saves do not work on PKX delta?

Edited by Liuk4316

Sorry, I thought I cancelled the previous post! I wrote another one in order to be clearer.
I followed some tutorials - the one of Linkara-AtopTheFourthWall - because I want to transfer my gen2 pokemon on a gen3 Emerald Rom. 
He advised to use this software, but I can try with PKHex. The only problem is that I don't know how to use it, I think that PKXDelta is more intuitive. 
It's my first time with this stuff, and I really am a noob. :D

||-- Mod edit: don't multipost --||

The fact is that both PKXDelta and PKHex read twitch plays crystal saves, but not my save. So the problem could be my rom or my .sav?

50 minutes ago, Liuk4316 said:

because I want to transfer my gen2 pokemon on a gen3 Emerald Rom

You really shouldn't, because there's no official gen 2 to 3 methods.
But it's all up to you

51 minutes ago, Liuk4316 said:

The fact is that both PKXDelta and PKHex read twitch plays crystal saves, but not my save. So the problem could be my rom or my .sav?

Were you playing a rom hack?

This is the only .sav file related to pokemon crystal I have. In the visual boy advance's folder I have GBC file, .sav file and .sgm file. 
Could I have done something wrong with the save? I usually use Visual Boy Advance as emulator, and every time I need to save the game I select FIle > Save game on the first slot. 
The thing is that with Red's .sav file, PKXDelta works. So I still can't understand where and what is the problem... 
Sorry if I can't explain myself well, this is the first time I use an emulator on PC. I usually play with the original cartridge, but at the moment I don't have Pokemon Crystal cartridge. 

1 hour ago, Liuk4316 said:

and every time I need to save the game I select FIle > Save game on the first slot. 

isn't that the problem? Press "Start" button, then select "Save".

1 hour ago, Liuk4316 said:

The thing is that with Red's .sav file, PKXDelta works. So I still can't understand where and what is the problem... 

you probably properly saved in the game once for Red.

Save in-game, reset the emulator, then close the emulator, THEN send me that save.

30 minutes ago, Liuk4316 said:

This is the in-game save file. Do you think is enough to overwrite the old save?

Pokemon - Versione Cristallo (Italy).sav 32.04 kB · 2 downloads

Are you sure you saved in-game?
(this option here)
image.png

Importing your save into VBA does nothing (even after I removed the bytes for date/time), and PKHeX refuses to open it.

Okay, make sure you save the game properly in the game (Start button > Menu > Save),
Reset the emulator (Ctrl R should work),
Then proceed to use something akin to Export Battery File
(it might be worded differently for you, but as long as it exports or backs up the save file to a different location, try that)
image.png

Make sure you save it to your desktop (not the Battery folder)

THEN send that file to me :D

OK, now it's gone! I overwrote the .sav file as you said, exporting the file battery, and it opens on PKXDelta ❤️
It does not open on VBA, though. But that's not a problem, first I open pokemon crystal ROM, and then select "Continue game". 
Thank you very much, you've got great patience for sure, explaining things to a noob like me :D 
Can I write under this post if I'll have similar problems for the future?

1 minute ago, Liuk4316 said:

OK, now it's gone! I overwrote the .sav file as you said, exporting the file battery, and it opens on PKXDelta ❤️
It does not open on VBA, though. But that's not a problem, first I open pokemon crystal ROM, and then select "Continue game". 
Thank you very much, you've got great patience for sure, explaining things to a noob like me :D 
Can I write under this post if I'll have similar problems for the future?

VBA doesn't open saves natively, but you should be able to continue using the Import from Battery Save option.

I'm not exactly sure, but I think you gave me a blank save before it got initialized, hence it won't load on PKHeX.
Probably similar issue with PKXDelta too, being it was trying to read an empty save.

Anyhow, if you got similar future issues, just post here.

Just to let you know it, I decided to start a new game, because every save in game wouldn't have overwritten the past ones. So, instead of continuing to save with the VBA and at the end export the battery file, it was simpler to restart the game. Fortunately, I have just beaten the first gym, so it has not been a great sacrifice ;)