UK Mew from July/August 2000

LieboOSBA

Good morning. 

I made a post on Reddit and it appears I have some Mews which are not yet being hosted here. 

I have three Mews. All from July 2000 in Milton Keynes Central where they used a modified SNES to dump Mew in to a free party slot on my saves. 

The OT name is UK. The TID varys. I have two untouched at level 5. One around level 42. 

Do you need these Mews?

• Like 6

2 hours ago, LieboOSBA said:

Is there any issue with the trainer ID being unique for each one?

The "Mew Machines" distribute identical Mews, only with the TID's incrementing from 00001 with each Mew distributed.

We always welcome more Gen 1 and Gen 2 event pokemon here, so it will definitely be appreciated if you can share them.

As Deoxyz said we always welcome more preservation, even if gen 1 mews all had the same DVs.

If you don't have the hardware to dump we can provide info on dumping devices if you are willing to adquire one, or maybe you'd be interested to send your cart over to someone to dump it for you and then return it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LieboOSBA said:

I’ve got the sav files dumped and used PKHex to save the pk1 files however if I upload them here, they’d be cloned loads of times. Is that going to be an issue?

Naturally any time we upload pokemon here they will be downloaded and used by a lot of people, so it's not an issue to us. If it's not an issue for you personally, feel free to upload them!

13 minutes ago, LieboOSBA said:

Probably not an issue for Gen 1 but I assume they’ll be clones and so if it was say a Gen 7 Pokemon, would it be discovered as a clone and be blocked from Pokemon Bank etc?

You are giving Gamefreak waaaayyyyy too much credit hahaha. But yes, since it's Gen1, and the event was only obtainable on a physical cartridge, you don't have a whole lot to worry about in the realm of clones running around online in the wild or anything like that.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, LieboOSBA said:

Probably not an issue for Gen 1 but I assume they’ll be clones and so if it was say a Gen 7 Pokemon, would it be discovered as a clone and be blocked from Pokemon Bank etc?

You wouldn't be able to migrate these Mews through Poke Transporter anyway. The only English Mew that can get though is the Virtual Console Mew with the OT "GF".

Sure you could edit the OT on these Mew's to get them though, however they would just be another hacked Pokemon then.

Edited by InsaneNutter
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, InsaneNutter said:

You wouldn't be able to migrate these Mews through Poke Transporter anyway. The only English Mew that can get though is the Virtual Console Mew with the OT "GF".

Sure you could edit the OT on these Mew's to get them though, however they would just be another hacked Pokemon then.

Due to the nature of Gen 1 to 7 Mew transfer, there really isn't much that would be changed. I recall ID also being needed, not just OT. GF didn't even prohibit that mew being shiny, in fact the only shiny mew that can exist is a Japanese gen 3 mew, but the GTS has been full of hacked shiny mew...

We all be glad if you can upload them. On a personal note, I prefer the savegame being uploaded rather than the pk1 file. If you don't mind uploading it, I would appreciate it. In any case any contribution is awesome!

• Like 2
  • Ditto 1

Here’s my Pokemon Red save. One of the Mews was traded from my blue cart. I’ll not bother with my blue save. My yellow save the mew is at level 42 so not original. 

I think there is a Mew in daycare too but not sure how that got there  I may have transferred it from another game or friend  but the trainer ID matches one in my box so don’t know  maybe it’s the same one?

Edited by LieboOSBA
  • Like 1

Thank you very much for the contribution!

The ones in the daycare seem to be clones form the one in the box 1 with ID 17926. I do have a couple questions:

1.- Is there any chance the 17926 Mew has been deposited in pokémon stadium 2 at some point?

2- The mew in the blue cart you mention is a clone of one in the red savegame you uploaded? If it's not, even if it is at level 42, if the ID is different it is still interesting for preservation, as the number of UK mews preserved would ammount to 3.

Again, thank you very much for the contribution!

There’s no Mew on my save from my Blue cart. Here’s my Yellow save.  They may have been on stadium 1 and possibly transferred to gold and back for the Dex entry. I don’t know how they would be cloned.  I think they’ve been to and from other carts a few times to fill my friends Dexes too. 

Edited by LieboOSBA

Well, many people trasfered to gen 2 for dex filling, and batteries from gen 2 carts are long dead. Also, not so many people that have kept playing pokemon over the years were able to attend the events, and even less are interested in adquiring the hardware or sending the cartridge back and forth. Until I started contacting people over the internet there was only a single mew that had been dumped on the internet. Over the years several more have been dumped, but for example Celebi due to the only ones being available are those stored in pokémon stadium 2 is even more elusive, only having those from PCNY (and now we have even more of them, even shiny ones due to the event distribution having been dumped) and a couple from Celebi tour in europe (and having a CTOUR one is a really amazing luck as it is the rarest of them).

So, not so strange. All gen 1 mew (or almost all) had the same DVs, as that's what nintendo intended for mew and mew machines fixed the DVs, so what makes them unique is OT and ID, but dumping them makes DV confirmation possible.

19 hours ago, LieboOSBA said:

I just can’t comprehend how my three are the only ones left from the UK events. 

There's actually another person who went and shared photos of their UK Mews, but it disappeared, so that makes your Mews the only ones from that event.

Thanks for your contributions!

Edit: In case anyone wants to know where are those photos:

Edited by TotalTS
  • Like 3

• 3 months later...