No$gba help: my saves don't go into PKHex and PokeGen.

fobwatch17

So I wanted to get my Kadabra evolved without access to trading so I thought I would use PKHex (which was a fantastic resource for my OR playthrough) but I get an error message (attached). The file I am using for this is called platinum.SAV and is in the BATTERY folder of my no$gba folder. I have tried using the ROMs, to no avail. 

I would appreciate any assistance, although I will not be able to access your replies until (roughly) 6:00 EST.

Thanks,

fobwatch17

pkhexerror.png

pokegen.png

Uhh... how do I do this? Should I save a copy of platinum.SAV to somewhere else and then replace it after I replace Uncompressed with Raw? I reallllly don't want to have to redo all the grinding I've done :\

Thanks again for the speedy replies :)

• 9 months later...
On 3/11/2020 at 8:33 PM, theSLAYER said:

Have multiple save backups and save states,
then edit the .ini  in notepad and change the save format to "Raw".

It may force you to create a new save from scratch, then load up your save state then proceed to save in-game.

image.png

Do i need to capitalised it to RAW? Cuz I only used Raw, same as written. So, when I've change it, restart the games and try to save, close and open back. There's no save n I need to start from the beginning. I save state and then save in the game but still nothing.

Plus I dont quite understand by restoring save state? Means put in another folder then paste it when I change to Raw? Ive tried and there's nothing huhu help meee

I haven't used no$ in a long long while.
Try this file:
NO$GBA.INI

27 minutes ago, noobateverything said:

Plus I dont quite understand by restoring save state?

1. Save state in emulator
2. Then swap the .ini
3. Load up the emulator, it'll probably tell you to start a new game
4. Instead, load the previous save state
5. save in-game twice
6. Soft reset, ensure the game is able to continue (don't close the game or emulator yet, don't activate or store any more save states)
7. When you confirm it can continue, close the emulator
8. Now go to the folder and get the sav.

5 hours ago, noobateverything said:

Do i need to capitalised it to RAW? Cuz I only used Raw, same as written. So, when I've change it, restart the games and try to save, close and open back. There's no save n I need to start from the beginning. I save state and then save in the game but still nothing.

Plus I dont quite understand by restoring save state? Means put in another folder then paste it when I change to Raw? Ive tried and there's nothing huhu help meee

Just to clarify, since you don't seem to know, from your wording, save files and save states are different things. Take this into account when following @theSLAYER's instructions, and keep backups of your original save files in case you mess up.

• Like 1