Possible to batch edit dynamax info into Gen7?

nekoakuma

Seeing as it's possible to batch edit Gen8 pokemon into USUM to transfer to Home via bank, is it possible to set the correct flags for legal dynamax pokemon?

Example for Zamamenta

Spoiler

=Box=1

=Slot=2

.Species=889

.Ability=235

.Ball=1

.AbilityNumber=1

.AltForm=0

.CurrentLevel=100

.Met_Level=70

.Met_Location=66

.MetDate=20200122

.Version=45

.Move1=585

.Move2=242

.Move3=673

.Move4=442

.Gender=2

.RelearnMove1=0

.RelearnMove2=0

.RelearnMove3=0

.RelearnMove4=0

.Egg_Location=0

.IsNicknamed=False

.PID=$rand

.Move1_PP=15

.Move2_PP=15

.Move3_PP=30

.Move4_PP=15

.IV_ATK=25

.IV_HP=31

.IV_SPA=5

.IV_SPE=20

.IV_SPD=31

.IV_DEF=31

.Nature=8

Using .DynamaxLevel=10 in a USUM save gives "files ignored due to internal error", but works fine in a SwSh save. Same thing with PKHax.

Just now, nekoakuma said:

Seeing as it's possible to batch edit Gen8 pokemon into USUM to transfer to Home via bank, is it possible to set the correct flags for legal dynamax pokemon?

Example for Zamamenta

Hide contents

=Box=1

=Slot=2

.Species=889

.Ability=235

.Ball=1

.AbilityNumber=1

.AltForm=0

.CurrentLevel=100

.Met_Level=70

.Met_Location=66

.MetDate=20200122

.Version=45

.Move1=585

.Move2=242

.Move3=673

.Move4=442

.Gender=2

.RelearnMove1=0

.RelearnMove2=0

.RelearnMove3=0

.RelearnMove4=0

.Egg_Location=0

.IsNicknamed=False

.PID=$rand

.Move1_PP=15

.Move2_PP=15

.Move3_PP=30

.Move4_PP=15

.IV_ATK=25

.IV_HP=31

.IV_SPA=5

.IV_SPE=20

.IV_SPD=31

.IV_DEF=31

.Nature=8

Using .DynamaxLevel=10 in a USUM save gives "files ignored due to internal error", but works fine in a SwSh save. Same thing with PKHax.

Zamazenta can't have dynamax levels anyway.

Also, instead of editing, why not just use Dynamax Candies in Gen 8?

I'm not sure if Gen 7 -> Gen 8 conversion by HOME includes unused bytes to Dynamax level conversion.

(I mean, everything else as mentioned already has utility in Gen 7, hence why HOME imports them as you intended.
Dynamax level is not one of those things..)

Sorry should've been more clear, that Zamamenta example is just one of the working batches I've done to get a legal one.

I'm trying to make a legal dynamax Charizard. I've made a normal Charizard as well, just not a dyna/giga one.

I don't have a hacked switch, but I'm just trying to fill up the forms and stuff in Home.

4 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

(I mean, everything else as mentioned already has utility in Gen 7, hence why HOME imports them as you intended.
Dynamax level is not one of those things..)

Which I'll take as meaning not possible.

Edited by nekoakuma

7 minutes ago, nekoakuma said:

Sorry should've been more clear, that Zamamenta example is just one of the working batches I've done to get a legal one.

I'm trying to make a legal dynamax Charizard. I've made a normal Charizard as well, just not a dyna/giga one.

I don't have a hacked switch, but I'm just trying to fill up the forms and stuff in Home.

Well you could always port over one that was from a den, then give it Dynamax Candies afterwards.

As for Gigantamax Charizard, I suspect that that you'll have the same issues as well, and even worse, no items can make a mon giganta-capable.

7 minutes ago, nekoakuma said:

Which I'll take as meaning not possible.

I'm saying it is unlikely. If you know which byte (on the hex file) is for gigantamaxing and dynamax level,
you could try editing the same address on a gen 7 hex file, then import that.

33 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

I'm saying it is unlikely. If you know which byte (on the hex file) is for gigantamaxing and dynamax level,

I found where and how the bytes change on the hex file of a .pk8 file of a Gigantamax Pokémon, but I can't edit those bytes in a .pk7 file because it seems there's no sign of them. I'm kinda unexpert in this field, so if anyone can find a way to do it or more info, that would be very helpful indeed.

2 minutes ago, AdamNabb said:

I found where and how the bytes change on the hex file of a .pk8 file of a Gigantamax Pokémon, but I can't edit those bytes in a .pk7 file because it seems there's no sign of them. I'm kinda unexpert in this field, so if anyone can find a way to do it or more info, that would be very helpful indeed.

you could just edit the same addresses and send through HOME to see how it goes.

47 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Well you could always port over one that was from a den, then give it Dynamax Candies afterwards.

No SwSh or Switch to try the candy thing lol.

I played around in hex and made it work for editing pk8 files, but no luck on getting it to stick to pk7 (no real clue what i'm doing.)

Looks like there's extra bytes at the end in pk8 file anyway.

• Ditto 1

7 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

you could just edit the same addresses and send through HOME to see how it goes.

I never tried sending it to home because when importing back the edited .pk7 file in a Gen 8 save, it wouldn't display it as Gmax, so I thought that wouldn't work. Should I try sending it to home still?

9 minutes ago, nekoakuma said:

No SwSh or Switch to try the candy thing lol.

I played around in hex and made it work for editing pk8 files, but no luck on getting it to stick to pk7 (no real clue what i'm doing.)

Looks like there's extra bytes at the end in pk8 file anyway.

Then I'm just gonna assume it's impossible and move on.
Try to get what you want via GTS. Maybe trade away a shiny or something.

8 minutes ago, AdamNabb said:

I never tried sending it to home because when importing back the edited .pk7 file in a Gen 8 save, it wouldn't display it as Gmax, so I thought that wouldn't work. Should I try sending it to home still?

The detection/check for Gmaxs on PKHeX probably only works on gen 8 games.
Just like how the star/square shiny split isn't detected on previous games.

If you don't mind risking it turning into a bad egg on HOME and taking up that slot forever, then send it.
Gonna test it if you wanna find out.

4 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Then I'm just gonna assume it's impossible and move on.
Try to get what you want via GTS. Maybe trade away a shiny or something.

The detection/check for Gmaxs on PKHeX probably only works on gen 8 games.
Just like how the star/square shiny split isn't detected on previous games.

If you wanna risk it turning into a bad egg on HOME and taking up that slot forever, then send it.
Gonna test it if you wanna find out.

Mhh, there's no way for a non-hacked switch to delete an eventual bad egg in home, so I'll think about it.

6 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Even a hacked Switch presently cannot delete bad egg, because HOME is server side.
The save isn't saved on the Switch.

edit: Also realized the previous post wasn't phrased up. Changed the one line.

Oh, okay.

Thank you for the help!

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/2/2020 at 5:47, theSLAYER said:

Zamazenta no puede tener niveles de dynamax de todos modos.

Además, en lugar de editar, ¿por qué no usar Dynamax Candies en Gen 8?

No estoy seguro de si la conversión Gen 7 -> Gen 8 por HOME incluye bytes no utilizados a la conversión de nivel Dynamax.

(Quiero decir, todo lo demás como se mencionó ya tiene utilidad en Gen 7, de ahí que HOME los importe como se
esperaba . El nivel de Dynamax no es una de esas cosas ...)

is there any convertor from pk8 to pk7?