Question regarding ban risks using PKHeX

JollyBlue

we know that nobody is an employee of game freak or Nintendo, but what kind of risk is there for using pkhex?
removed online from account? (so if i have another internet account on the switch can i use it?)
ban of the switch in general so goodbye online from this console?
when you write the word "but ban" with pkhex, what do you mean?

... as long as you're not stupid when doing save editing, then no "punishment" will ever happen. All PkHex does is edit the save file, primarily individual Pokemon's files, which are always changing (via trades, training, breeding, releasing, Events, etc) and are expected for changes to occur.
The game isn't constantly checking every Pokemon in your collection going "ooh, gonna catch me a hacker today!" like all the foolish paranoia seems to believe (and has believed since Gen 1) and when you go online only certain things trigger a Check and only on the Pokemon you are actively using in that activity (and not all activities online trigger it either).
As it is, about the worst you should ever suffer for using PkHex is if you store two+ Pokemon into the same Pokemon Home storage that have the same Home ID (which normally shouldn't ever happen short of duplicating a Pokemon that has ALREADY been in Home at any time) then all but one of those Pokemon with that number will be deleted.

Unless you go to a sanctioned event, then you could get banned from the event for using a Pokemon that is Not Legal (ie: Legal is any Pokemon that can exist from regular gameplay regardless of what hoops you'd have to jump through and sheer luck to obtain).

Getting account-banned on Nintendo Switch is not easy to achieve as far as my experience goes. In short, just don't be stupid (lots of homework!) and you should be fine.

43 minutes ago, jariesuicune said:

... as long as you're not stupid when doing save editing, then no "punishment" will ever happen. All PkHex does is edit the save file, primarily individual Pokemon's files, which are always changing (via trades, training, breeding, releasing, Events, etc) and are expected for changes to occur.
The game isn't constantly checking every Pokemon in your collection going "ooh, gonna catch me a hacker today!" like all the foolish paranoia seems to believe (and has believed since Gen 1) and when you go online only certain things trigger a Check and only on the Pokemon you are actively using in that activity (and not all activities online trigger it either).
As it is, about the worst you should ever suffer for using PkHex is if you store two+ Pokemon into the same Pokemon Home storage that have the same Home ID (which normally shouldn't ever happen short of duplicating a Pokemon that has ALREADY been in Home at any time) then all but one of those Pokemon with that number will be deleted.

Unless you go to a sanctioned event, then you could get banned from the event for using a Pokemon that is Not Legal (ie: Legal is any Pokemon that can exist from regular gameplay regardless of what hoops you'd have to jump through and sheer luck to obtain).

Getting account-banned on Nintendo Switch is not easy to achieve as far as my experience goes. In short, just don't be stupid (lots of homework!) and you should be fine.

thanks for the excellent explanation.
what do you mean by stupid save editing???
I don't have home and I will always do pokemon with track all 0 for my friends

• theSLAYER changed the title to Question regarding ban risks using PKHeX
On 2/28/2020 at 2:43 AM, JollyBlue said:

thanks for the excellent explanation.
what do you mean by stupid save editing???
I don't have home and I will always do pokemon with track all 0 for my friends

Stupid save editing = Have pokemon with abilities they cant learn, give them attacks they dont learn, have them have more than 508evs etc. as long as pkhex tells you legal, you are good to go. 

ok thanks, I don't do those things, so I should be calm ... I give everyone 510 EVS but I have never had any problems and all the pokemon are marked as LEGAL (except toxtricity modest melody form that I have changed with mint legally in the game but which pkhex detects as not legal)

but sorry, say I am being fooled into putting skills that I shouldn't or doing other fools, what risk?

Most likely the mons will just not be able to enter any online battles or trading and are not able to be transferred onto home (and if they do, they turn into a bad egg).

I have never ever heard of someone getting banned for having hacked mons. 

• 3 months later...

I understand there is a bit of a worry surrounding the lastest set of temporary online suspension bans for Sword/Shield.

The mass majority of people who worry actually have nothing to worry about. The Sword & Shield titles are not like Fornite or Pokemon Go in that they are not operated on dedicated servers where the save files live. So, the save you are playing right now on Sword & Shield will never be scanned by GameFreak.

The recent wave of "single title online suspensions" (or error code: 2124-4607) is issued to players who generated a LARGE number of errors on the Nintendo Online Service servers. While I cannot specifically speak to the Switch, I assume the back-end operates a lot like the 3DS does in which when a 1st party title (or in this case a title of developer whom Nintendo considers a 1st party developer like GameFreak) encounters an error which pertains to online active, a secondary error is reported to Nintendo (akin to how any Windows application can generate an error which can be reported to Microsoft's Windows' team.)

This is entirely from online activity in which one or more users (players) generate enough errors in a short period of time in which it could be interferring with the Nintendo Online Service servers.

This is where the recent wave of "single title online suspensions" come in which @theSLAYERtweeted and players are worrying about.

The Sword & Shield Raids were programmed very flimsily. The TLDR instead of each player receiving a single ID code and checking the game's code (or downloaded Mystery Gift data), the Host transmits the all that data. This allows that data to be edited and players without a CFW Switch can interact with these edited Raids. The funny thing is while it does leave the game open to these Raids being edited, it's also a weird fail safe hacked Raids as this method programming leaves the Raids more holes than Swiss Cheese. It's very easy for an error to occur as each game attempts to patch the holes. (I am speaking on this topic as someone who tested a lot of offline edited Raids.)

If you search YouTube or Twitch, you will find the majority of people Hosting online these hacked Raids are trying to do so for profit. You are 99.999999% never going to accidentally stumble into one of these Raids.

These people are providing these hacked Raids for profit so their priority is ensuring happy customers by providing one of more of the following 3 things:

1. 4-Digit Invite Code Locked Raids
  2. Friend Code for the hacked Switch so as a friend you get priority on the SwSh Stamps
  3. A period of time unlimited repeat time for customers (usually at least 30 minutes) before their access is cut-off somehow

To provide the maximum amount of Raids, the Host will immediately close the SwSh program once the Raid starts which will leave the 3 joining players to defeat the current Raid. This allows the Host to get another 3 people going before the previous Raid starts. (I have done this with non-hacked Shiny Raids on a non-hacked Switch.) I would bet anything that as of v1.2.0 two things changed involving the secondary report that is issued to Nintendo:

1. The Host and/or all players Nintendo Account IDs are transmitted with the Raid-related online errors.
  2. GameFreak and Nintendo have agreed lowered these types of errors detected to issue this type of ban.

As I said above, 99.999999% of people are never going to accidentally encounter this ban. It's nothing to worry about for people not purposely hunting down these Hosts looking to make a quick buck off of you!

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
42 minutes ago, carson said:

Can changing the date you got a pokemon get you banned? Like if I had a pikachu and got it on 5/6/21 and if I changed it to 6/7/21, could that get me banned?

They can if they want to. Some stuff are detectable, some stuff can be sleuthed out by a human. Regardless there’s always a minimum risk.