When is the PID of an event determined in gen 8?

ICanSnake

I redeemed two events in Mystery Gift. Redeemed the first one (Birthday Pikachu), tried redeeming the second (Birthday Eevee) but it said I could only redeem one per save. Backed up my save on PKHeX, and reloaded the same save file, one where I didn't use the code to get Pikachu. Redeemed Eevee, and backed up the save.

They both have the same PID. Different EC, different IVs, different Height/Weight stats. So I'm wondering, when is the PID determined? Is the PID pre-determined based on the save file? Or was I just extraordinarily lucky?

Let me know if this hasn't yet been researched. Thanks!

4 minutes ago, ICanSnake said:

Yes. I'm sure it doesn't have a static PID, as I have another set of the Birthday Pikachu and Eevee, both with unique PIDs.

As of a certain update, JPN PC Birthday gifts (Eevee and Pikachu) have one preset PID (the one I just gave you, taken from the wonder card)
and SG PC Birthday gifts (Eevee and Pikachu) have another preset PID.

The previous ones didn't have static PID. Only as of that updated, it was changed to static.

While I wasn't sure what type-4 PID is on the wonder card, you pretty much just confirmed for me that it's set PID, since it's the same number as the one I given :D

3 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

As of a certain update, JPN PC Birthday gifts (Eevee and Pikachu) have one preset PID (the one I just gave you, taken from the wonder card)
and SG PC Birthday gifts (Eevee and Pikachu) have another preset PID.

The previous ones didn't have static PID. Only as of that updated, it was changed to static.

While I wasn't sure what type-4 PID is on the wonder card, you pretty much just confirmed for me that it's set PID, since it's the same number as the one I given :D

Perfect. Thanks!

• Like 1

Switch games aren't region locked.

Birthday Pikachu and Eevee are to be received as Serial codes from a Pokémon Center in Japan. Though you could always just get the codes from a friend or buy it from eBay.
We also have these 2 events posted on our Event Gallery > Gen 8

Singapore Pokémon Center Birthday Gifts are not announced yet, but since we found the wonder cards being distributed, we guess it's probably coming soon.
Also, given the TID on a mon usually correlates to the start of the event date
image.png

It's probably scheduled to begin 2020, 1st March.