Old mythicals to home questions for a gen 8 player

I am new to Pokémon I have a living dex  in swsh now when the home released  my aim was to complete the National dex  but  some event/ mythical mond are not allowed to trade  currently I have  almost 700 unique mons .... but in order to get this mons I understood  only way is to have an old game with legacy console  play and move them  via bank to home ER.. but I  cannot do the playing part as I dnt have that kind of time  so I have the following question for the best path  to get this mons to home 

1 , I see some people are selling the relavent cartridges with all mons + event mons on eBay buying this cart + relavent console suffice ? 

2. in switch I see that saves are tied to account is that not the case until 3ds  if I buy this carts on eBay can I move this mons to my home 

3. Is there any other simpler way to get this mythical and event mons like arceus ?

4 if I buy the cart with loaded data my guess is that probably  have hacked the cart to load the save so In order for this kind of cart to work Shuld I hack the console as well?

5. if I were to buy this setup what is the best purchase to go with in term of cost I mean like ultra moon + 3ds , Pokémon x with 2ds what is the cheapest method that I can get the legacy mons ?

Mythical mon aren't required for nat dex completion. The game makers understand they are hard to get.

7 minutes ago, gameyogi said:

1 , I see some people are selling the relavent cartridges with all mons + event mons on eBay buying this cart + relavent console suffice ? 

Not recommended, since they used hacked and cloned mons, but sure.

2. in switch I see that saves are tied to account is that not the case until 3ds  if I buy this carts on eBay can I move this mons to my home 

Yup, Switch saves are tied to accounts. So you won't be able to buy Switch cartridges with "all mons"

3DS however, saves are tied to the carts.

3. Is there any other simpler way to get this mythical and event mons like arceus ?

Hack your 3DS,  then hack the mons in. Every 3DS unit is hackable.

4 if I buy the cart with loaded data my guess is that probably  have hacked the cart to load the save so In order for this kind of cart to work Shuld I hack the console as well?

As per my previous point, it's a lot easier when you can back up and load whatever data you want. This way, you're not beholden to others.
Anyhow, since you're gonna waste money buying hacked mons anyway, might us well use the money to buy whatever equipment you need?

5. if I were to buy this setup what is the best purchase to go with in term of cost I mean like ultra moon + 3ds , Pokémon x with 2ds what is the cheapest method that I can get the legacy mons ?

To hack a 3DS? Probably a magnet if you don't have one (no seriously, any cheap fridge magnet would do), and a compatible NDS flashcart.

At your own risk, read here: https://3ds.hacks.guide/

You don't have to opt for a new system, any functional second handed 3ds will work and can save you quite a lot. Also, it's better to get a gen 7 (SMUSUM) game so you won't miss out on newer gen's mythical mons. 

11 hours ago, gameyogi said:

Ok thanks for all the response I will buy a used 3ds with ultra sun /ultra moon one more qq Shuld I buy both copies. Of the  game or one is fine  as I will be anyway but playing the game but just find out a save file with all mons 

The easiest course of action is to buy a hacked/hackable 2DS with Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon and use one of the saves provided right here on Project Pokémon to inject all the old Pokémon. Then you just have to transfer them to Bank (and, subsequently, HOME).

14 hours ago, gameyogi said:

Ok thanks for all the response I will buy a used 3ds with ultra sun /ultra moon one more qq Shuld I buy both copies. Of the  game or one is fine  as I will be anyway but playing the game but just find out a save file with all mons 

One is enough.

(I would even say you pirate the game as you won't play it) *cough*

On 2/21/2020 at 11:58 PM, theSLAYER said:

To hack a 3DS? Probably a magnet if you don't have one (no seriously, any cheap fridge magnet would do), and a compatible NDS flashcart.

At your own risk, read here: https://3ds.hacks.guide/

I just want to bring to light that any physical additions outside of a bog standard 3DS, your 3DS' SD card, an SD card reader for your PC and your PC are NOT necessary anymore to hack a 3DS with CFW. Anything that involves a magnet or something you have to buy to aid in the hacking effort may very well brick your 3DS.

Installation of Custom Firmware can be done perfectly safely with the most recent 3DS firmware updates via the following method:

Just follow the guide, step by step and you'll have a relatively hassle free hacked 3DS which you can use to grab your saves and do all the PKHex modifications, PKSM management and what not on.

Edit: Embedding the video doesn't seem to work. :/

Edit: Got embedding working. :)

Edited by Omegawolfcat
Left out the SD card reader being required

The video appears to same thing as a part of the guide (FW 12-13 option).
The video description even lists the official guide that I linked, lol.

You can follow either one, at your own risk.

If you end up bricking your device, you're gonna need to use magnet + boot9hax (the exact same procedure lol) to unbrick, cause boot9hax uses a hardware (not software) vulnerability.

6 hours ago, Omegawolfcat said:

I just want to bring to light that any physical additions outside of a bog standard 3DS, your 3DS' SD card, an SD card reader for your PC and your PC are NOT necessary anymore to hack a 3DS with CFW. Anything that involves a magnet or something you have to buy to aid in the hacking effort may very well brick your 3DS.

Installation of Custom Firmware can be done perfectly safely with the most recent 3DS firmware updates via the following method:

Just follow the guide, step by step and you'll have a relatively hassle free hacked 3DS which you can use to grab your saves and do all the PKHex modifications, PKSM management and what not on.

Edit: Embedding the video doesn't seem to work. :/

Edit: Got embedding working. :)

It is never recommended to follow video tutorials as they may be outdated. 3ds.guide has all possible ways to install cfw and is always updated

• Like 1

5 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

The video appears to same thing as a part of the guide (FW 12-13 option).
The video description even lists the official guide that I linked, lol.

I can't find it there. Not saying you're wrong, just explaining why I posted it. Along with your mentioning of magnets, which are always somewhat risky near electronics that store data.

4 hours ago, arti said:

It is never recommended to follow video tutorials as they may be outdated. 3ds.guide has all possible ways to install cfw and is always updated

When there is literally a version number indicated, and you can check the date, that's somewhat irrelevant.

Either way, Slayer mentions that the video is on the site anyhow, thus it is up to date.

9 hours ago, Omegawolfcat said:

I can't find it there. Not saying you're wrong, just explaining why I posted it. Along with your mentioning of magnets, which are always somewhat risky near electronics that store data.

When there is literally a version number indicated, and you can check the date, that's somewhat irrelevant.

Either way, Slayer mentions that the video is on the site anyhow, thus it is up to date.

image.png

https://3ds.hacks.guide/seedminer

requires a use of a .sed file - sounds familiar?

Further down, you can choose which method to use for seedminer:
image.png

Isn't bannerbomb in the title of the video?

And yeah: videos can be outdated, and you have to gonna find an updated video, if it wasn't linked.
Whereas the website will always have the same link, as this guide seems to be always updated.

So posting a video link 2 years ago (an example) might be outdated to readers now, but at the very least this guide this always updated, so it apples to whenever the readers click on it.
(tho of course, as much guarantee as that is, who knows if the URL is bought my bots in the future.)

In any case, I've used that link multiple times to hack my friends and my 3DS, and I've experienced all kinds of 3DS hacking across the ages 😛

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

So... this may be reviving a bit of an older thread, but wanted to get a couple points out here:

1: If you want access to ALL pre-Gen 8 Pokemon, you must have either of Ultra Sun/Moon, as they added some new Pokemon that are not in the coding of Sun/Moon. Or you can just trade someone for the ones you are missing, there's not many that were added.

2: If your goal is nothing more than to actually get the complete pre-Gen 8 Dex collection (ie: Living Dex), you were technically spending a lot more money than was needed (assuming you can find someone willing to do this, which literally costs them no more than about 2 minutes of their time to do). Anyone that has access to editing their save files (via PKHeX) and Pokemon Bank can actually just transfer a complete living dex directly to your Pokemon Home account at any time. (I doubt many people pay much attention to things and so have totally not realized this, otherwise it would be a more common request?). I myself have given several friends complete pre-Gen 8 Shiny Dex collections this way. SO much faster than any other method... Just transfer the whole PC to Bank, transfer from my Bank to their Home, then I just restore my save and repeat.
Note: This is not to imply that I am (or ever did) offering this as a service to anyone, and since CyberGadget's systems are now shut down I haven't been able to do this anyways (since I haven't modded a 3DS to be able to access saves again).