Cartridge + checkpoint clarification

Alexj89

Ho guys ! I am new Activd member of the forum ... I used to lurk around for the last years . Since I am new, I probably have lot , to many question , even stupid one, because I started to hem with switch and SwSh. With the nintendo switch , once you HB it , you use a save game to edit and then pass through trade the genned POKEMon to another game /console . With the 3ds that I just modify , I inserted my main game cartridge with the game already started , and it look like I can modifiy the save without problem . ... is there any bad indication with it ? Or it’s better if I gen on a different game  and then trade the pokemon to a my main game ( for legal check purpose maybe ?

The saves of 3DS games were stored inside the cartridge, while for Switch games the save is in the Switch's memory.

You need access to homebrew to extract the save file. Running any form of homebrew can result in a ban, so the best / safest way to gen Pokemon for Sword and Shield is owning a second Switch and trade the Pokemon from the modded Switch to the clean Switch.

Edited by arti

With the 3ds that I just modify , I inserted my main game cartridge with the game already started , and it look like I can modifiy the save without problem . ... is there any bad indication with it ? Or it’s better if I gen on a different game  and then trade the pokemon to a my main game ( for legal check purpose maybe ?

As long as you don't gen anything illegal, it should pass through Bank (and HOME). You will be just fine with a single 3ds.