I think it's because egg-born pokemon can only have pokeball

No, female Pokemon can pass on the Poke Ball to their children

5 minutes ago, JollyBlue said:

how did you get the ultra shiny?

holding shift when making it shiny

Edited by arti

19 minutes ago, arti said:

No, female Pokemon can pass on the Poke Ball to their children

You are right about that but gen 7 starters cannot be caught in the wild as of yet (which means they can't be in any ball but regular pokeballs) and I've checked the event database and all Primarina line events were given out in regular pokeballs, so I believe the ball is the issue here.

• Like 2

On that note: as all Gen7 starters were not available in the wild, hence can only have Poke Ball,
this should not appear legal on PKHeX

image.png

Along a similar vein:
If I'm not mistaken, the only way to get HA and choice of other balls for Bulbasaur is Friend Safari (XY).
Bulbasaur from Island Scan in Gen 7 cannot SOS, hence it does not have it's HA.

Hence, this combination is illegal too.
(Apricorn balls and Beast Ball. Dream Ball can be gotten from Gen 5 Dream World event)
image.pngimage.png

• Like 2

1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

AFAIK they do not have a past record of banning hackers, only pirates.

(of course, past performance is not indicative of future performance, so all at your own risk ;P)

people were also banned for just running homebrew / cfw

oh if you are referring to Switch bans:

There's no evidence that the Pokemon team reports hackers to Nintendo to get the them banned for Homebrew/CFW.

Granted, I've heard of people hacking in Splatoon getting banned (tho I have no idea what kind of ban is it, is it just in-game ban or console internet ban), but I've yet to see any console internet bans for Pokémon hacking.

If anything, they've let Pokémon hackers run free for generations. The only example I can see where they collaborated is the USUM Pirates ban.

(You understand that whoever that is running Pokemon servers, are different from the banning team in Nintendo right?)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

You understand that whoever that is running Pokemon servers, are different from the banning team in Nintendo right?

That just gave me hope, thank you. I should be fine as I never ran any homebrew on my Switch, I always modify the save through hacdiskmount

Just now, arti said:

That just gave me hope, thank you. I should be fine as I never ran any homebrew on my Switch, I always modify the save through hacdiskmount

If they were reporting users with hacked mons, I imagine it wouldn't matter how you obtained the hacked mon. It was the fact that your device is exploitable and you used it. Then again, people could have received hacked mon via trades (provided they weren't blocked) and the put them into HOME. So they can't just ban anyone with hacked mons now, can they?

(Also, I think while online trades block some hacked mons, local trades absolutely doesn't block these)

1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

If I'm not mistaken, the only way to get HA and choice of other balls for Bulbasaur is Friend Safari (XY).
Bulbasaur from Island Scan in Gen 7 cannot SOS, hence it does not have it's HA.

Hence, this combination is illegal too.
(Apricorn balls and Beast Ball. Dream Ball can be gotten from Gen 5 Dream World event)
image.pngimage.png

Beast ball gen 1 starters are legal since you can pass poke balls of males if bred with ditto or in this case a female bulba/ivy/venusaur with HA. That also means they can be in any apriballs obtainable in gen 7, even in dream ball. 

Edited by Nero420

7 minutes ago, Nero420 said:

Apparently, ditto can't pass poke balls though. Only the male parent matter in that case.

going back to this @Kaphotics

Gen 1 HA and mixed ball is possible: Male starter to pass ball, female starter to pass HA.

Gen 7 Starter cannot have mixed ball, since they both male and female can only have pokeball.

• Proud 1