Sign in to follow this  
Fallen

Shoddy Battle OU Tournament 2 - 12/20/09

Shoddy Battle OU Tournament 2 - 12/20/09

No Players: 16

Type: 1v1

Description:

Project Pokémon's Weekend Tournament.

To qualify for this tournament you must have a part that contains at least four (4) OU Pokémon. Up to two (2) Pokémon from lower classes will be allowed; no ubers!

Stipulations

Clauses:

Species: You may not put more than one species of Pokemon in a team. For example, you may not put two Gyarados... or even six Bidoof on one team.

OHKO: OHKO moves are banned (Fissure/Horn Drill/Guillotine/Sheer Cold)

Sleep: Only one Pokemon may be put to sleep at a time (barring Rest)

Freeze: Only one Pokemon may be frozen at a time (automatically done by Shoddy's simulator... is not controlled in real Wifi Battles)

Evasion: Double Team/Minimize are banned. Uncontrollable aspects like Sand Veil and Snow Cloak are still allowed though.

Timed Battle: There is a time limit implemented per move (5 minutes per decision)

Substitutions:

No Pokémon, EVs, IVs, or items held may be changed. Once you start your first match you will have to use that team for the remainder of the tournament.

Ubers (meaning Pokemon that are NOT allowed):

[icon]493[/icon] Arceus

[icon]491[/icon] Darkrai

[icon]386[/icon] Deoxys

[icon]386-3[/icon] Deoxys-e

[icon]386-1[/icon] Deoxys-f

[icon]386-2[/icon]Deoxys-l

[icon]483[/icon] Dialga

[icon]445[/icon] Garchomp

[icon]487[/icon] Giratina

[icon]487-1[/icon] Giratina-o

[icon]383[/icon] Groudon

[icon]250[/icon] Ho-oh

[icon]382[/icon] Kyogre

[icon]380[/icon] Latias with Soul Dew (variants without Soul Dew is allowed)

[icon]381[/icon] Latios

[icon]249[/icon] Lugia

[icon]490[/icon] Manaphy

[icon]151[/icon] Mew

[icon]150[/icon]Mewtwo

[icon]484[/icon] Palkia

[icon]384[/icon] Rayquaza

[icon]492-1[/icon]Shaymin-s

[icon]202[/icon] Wobbuffet

[icon]360[/icon] Wynaut

Use of any of these Pokemon are not allowed. Do not say we did not warn you.

Anyone caught using them, whether they be properly EVd or not, will be immediately disqualified.

Godspeed and have fun everyone!

FAQs

1) So it basically means all legendaries are banned. My opponent just used a Zapdos! He should be disqualified!

No. Read the ban list more carefully. Those that are IN the list are NOT allowed. Those that are NOT (like Zapdos) ARE allowed. Got it? So yes, Suicune is allowed, Regigigas is allowed, Heatran is allowed... legends are all right to use. Just... not the ones in the banned list like the ones placed above.

2) Why is Wobbuffet banned? Garchomp? Why is Latias allowed but not Latios?

Wobbuffet is cheap and can guarantee to help set up things like Swords Dance Lucario which can end up sweeping your team... and it is guaranteed to KO one of your Pokemon. It also traps you without Shed Shell meaning there is no real way to counter it aside from Physical Ghosts or Special Darks. Of course, no Wobbuffet player will leave it in against a Spiritomb, right? As for Garchomp... I don't know. They say Yache SD Outrage Chomp overspecializes the metagame... just ask everyone else. Personally I feel it's dumb, but it's banned anyways. Frankly I feel Latios is just a Latias that dies easier but hurts more... but yeah, they're complaining because Specs Draco Meteor OHKOs Salamence... yeah... but it's banned anyways.

Edited by wraith89

No Neo, you can only use 4. 2 HAVE to be from a lower tier. Its still called an OU tourney cause you are using OUs in it. If you could use Ubers it would be called an Uber tourney. Its fine with me, I am in. Still thinking about the last one though :\

No Neo, you can only use 4. 2 HAVE to be from a lower tier. Its still called an OU tourney cause you are using OUs in it. If you could use Ubers it would be called an Uber tourney. Its fine with me, I am in. Still thinking about the last one though :\

What?

"To qualify for this tournament you must have a part that contains at least four (4) OU Pokémon. Up to two (2) Pokémon from lower classes will be allowed; no ubers!"

Yes, you can have a team of all OU... I don't see where you got the idea that two HAD to be from a lower tier.

What?

"To qualify for this tournament you must have a part that contains at least four (4) OU Pokémon. Up to two (2) Pokémon from lower classes will be allowed; no ubers!"

Yes, you can have a team of all OU... I don't see where you got the idea that two HAD to be from a lower tier.

Varna, I was just explaining to Neo that its called an OU tourney because you are allowed to use OU pokemon. I am just giving him an example that if we COULD use Ubers then it would not be an OU tourney but an Uber tourney since thats the highest tiered pokemon on the team. Oh and yeah I misread the OP thinking that 2 pokes from a lower tier HAD to be included rather than it being a choice given to us. I think it was because since it is an OU tourney we should be allowed to use ANY pokemon we want other than Ubers. Some special stipulation so to speak.

Varna, I was just explaining to Neo that its called an OU tourney because you are allowed to use OU pokemon. I am just giving him an example that if we COULD use Ubers then it would not be an OU tourney but an Uber tourney since thats the highest tiered pokemon on the team. Oh and yeah I misread the OP thinking that 2 pokes from a lower tier HAD to be included rather than it being a choice given to us. I think it was because since it is an OU tourney we should be allowed to use ANY pokemon we want other than Ubers. Some special stipulation so to speak.

Fallen just has no idea how tiers work evidenced by how he categorized a BL tournament section (which would mean there are only 5-6 Pokemon allowed... so everyone would basically have the same team with different moves and arrangements) :|

But... if that is his stipulations, so be it. I suppose bringing a whole team of UU can throw someone off :x

...which would mean there are only 5-6 Pokemon allowed... so everyone would basically have the same team with different moves and arrangements) :|

You mean that isn't what we're playing in OU? :creep:

i no this is off topic but before i get shoddy battle how exactly does that work? do you train your pokemon there? or you just create them there? please pm me or post messege here after and if i did know how shoddy pokemon worked i would join the tournament :D