JKSV: Restoring Backup Error

blathers

Hello,

I am new to PkHeX but not to using JKSM. I'm familiar with CFW and HomeBrew but the issue i've ran into has really frustrated me. I would like a living dex in USUM so I downloaded a file from this community, opened it in PkHex and checked the legality of many pokemon and I am very happy with the file. I saved it, renamed it to "main" and replaced the saved file in the JKSM saves folder (I have a backup of my save, no worries!) but whenever I go into JKSM and attempt to restore the PkHex file I get an error;

"There was an error opening the file for writing", "0x00000001"

Does anyone know what is causing this? I am using PKSM for now as a backup but it's not easy. I also cannot find any reference to this error online with a fix.

Thanks for any help!! If you need pictures of anything feel free to ask me!

Edited by blathers

4 minutes ago, blathers said:

Hello,

I am new to PkHeX but not to using JKSM. I'm familiar with CFW and HomeBrew but the issue i've ran into has really frustrated me. I would like a living dex in USUM so I downloaded a file from this community, opened it in PkHex and checked the legality of many pokemon and I am very happy with the file. I saved it, renamed it to "main" and replaced the saved file in the JKSM saves folder (I have a backup of my save, no worries!) but whenever I go into JKSM and attempt to restore the PkHex file I get an error;

"There was an error opening the file for writing", "0x00000001"

Does anyone know what is causing this? I am using PKSM for now as a backup but it's not easy. I also cannot find any reference to this error online with a fix.

Thanks for any help!! If you need pictures of anything feel free to ask me!

can you tell us which save you were looking at, and which game were you trying to restore into?

7 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

It restores just fine for me.
Can you show me a screenshots of the insides of the folder you're trying to restore?

I'm positive I'm doing something wrong.

I've inserted 4 images: JKSV>Saves>Ultra Moon>main.pk7

Spoiler

1632993786_Screenshot2020-02-19at11_27_26.png.0c5b5a4a9ea4129d87550fbd0ec39703.png815842775_Screenshot2020-02-19at11_27_50.png.48f617100b0a6c93bc167a1358e7e4e4.png22740839_Screenshot2020-02-19at11_26_50.png.d00e17055d379d12d8347c4d1b9b6b08.png1303476902_Screenshot2020-02-19at11_28_09.png.05244677fd404c1f5da6f77976683a2a.png

1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

The extension should not be .pk7

It should only be main, with no extension.

i will attempt again and remove the .pk7 and let you know what happens.

edit: I get the same issue. When I changed the file name to just "main" from "main.pk7" it changed from a .pk7 file to just a file.

edit 2: yeah i didn't "export SAV>export main" so maybe that was my issue.. trouble shooting now.

edit 3: didn't work. the files are saving as a main SAV type but are still causing the same issue. saving files to "._main" keep the save type as "MAIN" - this is how my backup is saved. but it still doesn't work.

edit 4: might have a fix but i've corrupted my saved data and restoring my backup doesn't work.

let me know if you have any ideas @theSLAYER

Edited by blathers

As far as your OS is concerned, the save file is just a file. It doesn't know it's a sav or main file. Do not add an extension to main and remove any extensions it may have.

Correct: main
Incorrect: main.pk7, main.sav, main._main

Edited by sceptios

2 hours ago, sceptios said:

As far as your OS is concerned, the save file is just a file. It doesn't know it's a sav or main file. Do not add an extension to main and remove any extensions it may have.

Correct: main
Incorrect: main.pk7, main.sav, main._main

I don't know what I did but I created a new save backup, then a 2nd one. 

I then saved my main file directly into the correct folder rather than into downloads and moving it & now it works!! ^_^

many thanks @theSLAYER for making me look at this whole process more logically, too. helped a lot!!

Edited by blathers
  • Like 1