Vivillion Gen 7 (Sun Moon/Ultra Sun Moon) Breeding

AliceTheAlice

Hello all,

I noticed that the Sun Moon/Ultra Sun Moon games in PKHeX list a Vivillion form setting. This setting includes Fancy and PokéBall patterns. Is anyone able to confirm if the map changed from Gen 6 to Gen 7 for Vivillion patterns to include these two previous event only patterns. If so, does anyone have examples of locations which would produce said results for Gen 7.

I would like to breed these forms in Gen 7 if it's actually legit possible.

7 minutes ago, Poke J said:

@AliceTheAlice those two patterns are only in the list so if someone transfers those Vivillion to gen 7 they would retain the pattern.  There is no location that the 3DS can be set to that will result in those Vivillion patterns.

You are referring to the internal encounter table of the game (ROM) itself. This has 0 barring on the setting in your game's save. The setting in the game save is used so when you encounter a wild one or hatch an egg the correct one for your 3DS region appears.

5 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

I've never checked if the locations got remapped for Gen 7, so unsure.

I imagine most people never did. However, there's no reason to encode the Patterns into the game in they are not tied to a geographical location to be available. It would make more sense to not have values in that table for the extra patterns to prevent people from hacking the save file to have an illegal pattern.

Edited by AliceTheAlice

15 minutes ago, AliceTheAlice said:

I imagine most people never did. However, there's no reason to encode the Patterns into the game in they are not tied to a geographical location to be available. It would make more sense to not have values in that table for the extra patterns to prevent people from hacking the save file to have an illegal pattern.

except Gen 6 has the same list. Despite being possible to set in the save to breed a fancy or ball vivillon, no country ever had set that in gen 6. It's probably just error handling or laziness...
No reason to think why they wouldn't just port over the same code used in gen 6 too.

I'm certainly intrigued by the possibility that they might have changed it up, but I imagine we would have gotten a report by now, and the prospect of starting over 100 saves in different regions+country combinations makes me not want to do that.