Can Pokemon HOME be accessed on a hacked switch?

Tesvey

Not sure if this is the right forum section for posting this. I just joined, I have a fresh unpatched switch I want to hack to get PKhex on it but not sure if I should download Pokemon HOME first before doing so for faster transferring? If this isn't possible let me know. I heard you can't go online at all once the switch is modified. Just want confirmation that manual individual trading from hacked switch to vanilla switch is the fastest way to transfer Pokemon if that's the case. Just want to know before I stick this RCM jig inside it.

6 minutes ago, Tesvey said:

I heard you can't go online at all once the switch is modified.

you can, just not recommended.

7 minutes ago, Tesvey said:

not sure if I should download Pokemon HOME first before doing so for faster transferring?

sure, transfer everything before hacking your Switch.

• 1 month later...

Is there any way to transfer mons from a banned with CFW Switch to HOME? I have no 3ds nor a friend with an OFW Switch to help. I mean, I can connect my banned Switch to the internet, maybe using the smartphone HOME app... the fact is, I want to play SwSh and send the mons that I catch there to HOME and have them all in there...

2 minutes ago, rafaeleloi said:

Is there any way to transfer mons from a banned with CFW Switch to HOME? I have no 3ds nor a friend with an OFW Switch to help. I mean, I can connect my banned Switch to the internet, maybe using the smartphone HOME app... the fact is, I want to play SwSh and send the mons that I catch there to HOME and have them all in there...

If you only have one banned Switch, and wanna transfer from that Switch to HOME, it is hopeless. Mobile HOME does not connect to your saves on your Switch.

If you at least had another Switch on hand, you may be able to transfer the entire profile to the unbanned Switch, then use that to connect to HOME..

• Like 1

• theSLAYER changed the title to Can Pokemon HOME be accessed on a hacked switch?
2 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

If you only have one banned Switch, and wanna transfer from that Switch to HOME, it is hopeless. Mobile HOME does not connect to your saves on your Switch.

If you at least had another Switch on hand, you may be able to transfer the entire profile to the unbanned Switch, then use that to connect to HOME..

Thanks for replying.

Can I transfer the entire profile to an unbanned Switch without having the original game on it? I mean, I was wondering to buy a Switch lite to transfer the data from the banned Switch and then transfer it to home, but I do want to buy the original SwSh game as well.

19 minutes ago, rafaeleloi said:

Can I transfer the entire profile to an unbanned Switch without having the original game on it? I mean, I was wondering to buy a Switch lite to transfer the data from the banned Switch and then transfer it to home, but I do want to buy the original SwSh game as well.

I need to preface this by saying: I don't own a banned Switch.
As such, I cannot be certain that verification by Nintendo servers is needed for the transfer process to succeed.

Now, onto my main point:
I've done two things before, which is (a) akin to sharing/cloning (via official methods) of my user profile.
That means I have the same user profile on both Switches. I can transfer saves (locally) between the Switches (one of the benefits of sharing user profile).

I've done another thing before, which is (b) transferring user profile. This is more permanent than (a), in the sense that the user profile is permanently sent from one Switch, and only resides on the receiving Switch.

Now, why did I mention all of this?
It is to note, that the user save is part of the user profile.
If you used (b), any saves will be transferred over, even if you never played the game on the receiving Switch. (because once again, saves are part of the user profile. If you're transferring the user profile, the save will have to go along)

If you used (a), you can also opt to use the Save Data transfer to transfer between both devices.
Do note you wanna ensure which device has the save you want to keep, cause you wouldn't want to overwrite your save with a blank copy.

[Note: since I have the same user profile on both devices, that means buying the DLC for one effectively means I have both on both devices. Buying the subscription for HOME always means I have it on both devices. After all, these things mentioned follow user profile, not device.

Though sadly, I cannot go online on both devices; I have to go online on one or the other.]

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

I need to preface this by saying: I don't own a banned Switch.
As such, I cannot be certain that verification by Nintendo servers is needed for the transfer process to succeed.

Now, onto my main point:
I've done two things before, which is (a) akin to sharing/cloning (via official methods) of my user profile.
That means I have the same user profile on both Switches. I can transfer saves (locally) between the Switches (one of the benefits of sharing user profile).

I've done another thing before, which is (b) transferring user profile. This is more permanent than (a), in the sense that the user profile is permanently sent from one Switch, and only resides on the receiving Switch.

Now, why did I mention all of this?
It is to note, that the user save is part of the user profile.
If you used (b), any saves will be transferred over, even if you never played the game on the receiving Switch. (because once again, saves are part of the user profile. If you're transferring the user profile, the save will have to go along)

If you used (a), you can also opt to use the Save Data transfer to transfer between both devices.
Do note you wanna ensure which device has the save you want to keep, cause you wouldn't want to overwrite your save with a blank copy.

[Note: since I have the same user profile on both devices, that means buying the DLC for one effectively means I have both on both devices. Buying the subscription for HOME always means I have it on both devices. After all, these things mentioned follow user profile, not device.

Though sadly, I cannot go online on both devices; I have to go online on one or the other.]

I see, so let's imagine I have a scenario like you described above, two Switches with the same profile and save data, do I need a SwSH copy of the game installed in the unbanned Switch to transfer mons to the HOME? I mean, do the HOME any verification if that Switch has the game installed in the console or will it only check the game data of the profile on it?

3 minutes ago, rafaeleloi said:

do I need a SwSH copy of the game installed in the unbanned Switch to transfer mons to the HOME?

have your EVER played SWSH on either Switches that has the user profile?

I never tried to import a save into a Switch that has never played the game before, so I can't answer that.

4 minutes ago, rafaeleloi said:

I mean, do the HOME any verification if that Switch has the game installed in the console or will it only check the game data of the profile on it?

same answer as before.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

have your EVER played SWSH on either Switches that has the user profile?

I never tried to import a save into a Switch that has never played the game before, so I can't answer that.

same answer as before.

I have played it  (no original copy) in the banned Switch.

I see, thanks. I'm trying to avoid buying an original copy of the game to play in the unbanned Switch. The plan is just send the mons to HOME, somehow.

Edited by rafaeleloi

Just now, rafaeleloi said:

I have played it in the banned Switch.

I see, thanks. I'm trying to avoid buying an original copy of the game to play in the unbanned Switch. The plan is just send the mons to HOME, somehow.

Erm, if you're sending over the user profile (that has info on the game save + play hours), that fulfills the point that you have played it before.

Unless you're saying you pirated the game. In that case I would not recommend it.
You can use CFW to import the save into a fresh new profile that is clean from whatever illegal stuff you had installed on the other user profile, but once again, I can't comment on whether HOME needs you to have played the game.

(plus, I would think having a save, and 0 play time in the logs, is another dead giveaway that you had CFW)

• Like 1