Invalid Relearn Move 2: Not an expected Relearnable move.

StrangeGuy999

038 ★ - Kurama - 0006EFCF2C19.pk8

Hi there, I think this might be a "bug" of some sort on the PKHex legality checker.

This Ninetales from Ultra sun with Memento and Toxic is now possible, but it accuses as non-legit.

Ninetales Can learn Toxic via TM on Ultra Sun >
Transfered via Home to SwSh and Learn Memento from another Ninetales that has it as an eggmove.

The app shows it as legit if I take of memento, but memento was learned via ingame daycare options. Can someone tell me why? @Kaphotics

[EDIT]
Here's the screenshots @theSlayer

Spoiler

image.png.1f11c4414a76b76525abe7917490bb3d.pngimage.png.3d630c76b4f359f9a4ceebd91b12d0f6.pngimage.png.dbd8e80274bfc1c6e7bd2d42f3689e84.pngimage.png.22553c87267b9a389ddfb15283e0ec0a.png

Edited by StrangeGuy999

13 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

I can’t check your file as of now, but you mind showing me screenshots from PKHeX. Make sure you place them in a spoiler.

also, don’t double post. I removed your double post. Any new information, add it to your latest unanswered post

Sure, I'm gonna try and post them as spoilers! I don't think I double posted, you guys helped my out with my alolan ninetales on another post, this one is a kantonian. If I did double posted, that was a mistake, sorry for that

13 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

I can’t check your file as of now, but you mind showing me screenshots from PKHeX. Make sure you place them in a spoiler.

also, don’t double post. I removed your double post. Any new information, add it to your latest unanswered post

Screenshots added @theSLAYER, thank you for trying to help mate

1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

the same thing occurs to a vulpix genned in gen 7
image.png

@Kaphotics

This is different. What TC wants is a gen 7 Vulpix that learns Toxic as a TM, a gen 8 Vulpix with Memento as an egg move (Memento was only added to Vulpix's egg move in gen 8, and Toxic was removed from Vulpix's moveset), and breed them together in gen 8. There's an exploit in SwSh where one parent will learn an egg move from the other parent without having it bred onto it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ICanSnake said:

a gen 8 Vulpix with Memento as an egg move (Memento was only added to Vulpix's egg move in gen 8, and Toxic was removed from Vulpix's moveset)

Sorry, I'm clearly sleepy.

1 hour ago, ICanSnake said:

There's an exploit in SwSh where one parent will learn an egg move from the other parent without having it bred onto it.

Actually it's not even an exploit, it's a mechanic introduced in Sword and Shield.
As long as your mon has space for learning moves, and placed into the breeder, it'll learn the possible egg moves from it's partner (provided it's the same species and opposite gender) at the breeder.

So yeah, past gen Vulpix should be capable of Memento. (via the relearn transfer mechanic)
But even so, learning a "relearn move" from the partner, won't go into the Relearn move slot of the mon itself.

@Kaphotics this is the real error:
image.png

(my bred Ninetales from the VC era, with Toxic learned in Gen 7, then Memento passed to it in Gen 8 )

On 2/18/2020 at 5:38 AM, theSLAYER said:

Sorry, I'm clearly sleepy.

Actually it's not even an exploit, it's a mechanic introduced in Sword and Shield.
As long as your mon has space for learning moves, and placed into the breeder, it'll learn the possible egg moves from it's partner (provided it's the same species and opposite gender) at the breeder.

So yeah, past gen Vulpix should be capable of Memento. (via the relearn transfer mechanic)
But even so, learning a "relearn move" from the partner, won't go into the Relearn move slot of the mon itself.

@Kaphotics this is the real error:
image.png

(my bred Ninetales from the VC era, with Toxic learned in Gen 7, then Memento passed to it in Gen 8 )

That's exactly what happened to me ❤️ Thanks for trying to help me out on this one!

On 2/18/2020 at 9:12 AM, Kaphotics said:

Sorry, I'm new on the forum. Does this means that it was already known and corrected? Will it be corrected on next pkhex patch or something?

14 minutes ago, StrangeGuy999 said:

Sorry, I'm new on the forum. Does this means that it was already known and corrected? Will it be corrected on next pkhex patch or something?

It means it's been written to the program (the commit shows the code changes) and it'll be bundled with the next public update.