HOME - Original Color Magearna Event

Hello, it's me!

1 minute ago, Hello, it's me! said:

well i'm unable to get it anymore ooof looks like it got patched out quickly ( under 24 hours )

RIP, it was fun while it lasted 😪

At least you got it right? I farmed a full box then I stopped ><

Also, to any other readers, we have a page/pk8 up (not that it'll be usable in SWSH yet):

• Like 1

Just now, theSLAYER said:

At least you got it right? I farmed a full box then I stopped ><

half a box actually lol i had to leave because of university  but i'm kinda bummed that they patched out such a cool glitch so quickly

i'll look at the positive side and will assume that they patched up the bug because they're planning to do an official distribution of the magearna

8 minutes ago, Hello, it's me! said:

never heard of  any official distribution that had the players do a bunch of shady things in order to get the gift

I wouldn't call shifting all the boxes to get the detection working shady, but it certainly isn't ideal.

Well, it's an unannounced distribution, I'll give you that.
However, do note that all of HOME's mystery gifts so far have been unannounced:
Initial Login Pikachu, Kanto Starters, GTS Rotom, Wonder Box Eevee, First Challenge Pichu.
The National Dex Completion Magearna looks as official as the other ones I just named.
(Granted, the initial copy looks glitch/bugged, with impossible moves and 15 ribbons lol)

12 minutes ago, TiffanyDarlet said:

i need national dex or living dex for magearna? or i need wait for more info ? lol

The requirement is national dex, but presently they can only detect that you have all mons, via the shifting of boxes around containing a living dex.

Maybe down the line when they fix the detection, the shifting around of living dex won’t be necessary.

31 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

The requirement is national dex, but presently they can only detect that you have all mons, via the shifting of boxes around containing a living dex.

Maybe down the line when they fix the detection, the shifting around of living dex won’t be necessary.

i see, i will wait for some patch fix then, thanks 😄

9 hours ago, Hello, it's me! said:

yeah guys sorry, you won't be able to get the magearna anymore unless there's a another exploit to be found or if there's another distribution

Wait, so it's impossible to get the Magearna now? I am one Pokémon (Zamazenta) away from completing my National Pokédex, although I won't have a living one anytime soon (let alone all alternative forms). I have a scheduled Zamazenta tradeback for later today, and I thought they would've fixed the detection/distribution by now. Should I wait until they change something?

I just got Magearna minutes ago.  It's definitely possible to get it.
You just can't get infinite ones like you could for a couple of days.

What I did:

0. (not sure if needed) delete the very fake original colour magearna from years ago that I was surprised it even let me transfer into Pokemon Home.

1. Put all 890 Pokemon into Bank *at the same time*.

It isn't enough that you put them in earlier, or that they are  all registered in the poke dex.  They need to all be stored in Pokemon Home right now.

2. In the Switch version of Pokemon Home, move every single box that has your living dex in it 1 space to the left or right.  Every single one.  All of them.

3. Save and quit the app.

4. (not sure if needed) clear the cache on the mobile app

5. open up the mobile app and check mystery gifts.

I'm pretty sure the problem is that some species failed to register properly when we did mass transfers from the 3DS.

The in-game pokedex is working correctly (meaning there's no way to tell which species didn't work) but some other part, which we can't see, did not work correctly.

The purpose of putting all species in, and then moving all the boxes, is to force the app to re-check all the boxes, so it can finally notice whatever species it failed to register the first time.

Because you can't tell which species is the problem, the best thing to do is just force it to re-check everything.

Edited by CryHaddock
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, CryHaddock said:

0. (not sure if needed) delete the very fake original colour magearna from years ago that I was surprised it even let me transfer into Pokemon Home.

don't think it was necessary. I got mine with the old event one in living dex, that I shifted.

• theSLAYER changed the title to HOME - Original Color Magearna Event