Visitor Messages

Hydra_

Unless you can make a good case for them, no.

My opinion is that they are just one of vB's (or any board's really) unnecessary features. If someone needs to talk to you, I don't see why PMing wouldn't be sufficient. Visitor messages are just another thing we have to moderate if we enable them.

Vistitor messages are used on very different forums and are a great feature and not unnecessary its easier to visitor message if your just saying a word or 2 and don't want to private message.

And If you didn't know users can delete messages on there profile if someone is spamming them ect. They can also only allow friends to only send them visitor messages so it's not really a system to moderate.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the sense of community a VM builds is well worth it. I don't really think that just because it's not an essential feature means it should be ruled out, as frankly many board features aren't essential.

It's a nice option to have, users can self-police their own profiles, and so on. It also creates a viewable log of all VMs between two users, rather than 50 different PMs.

Exactly! We're all mature young/adults here, right? The only problem would be abusing power and spam. But again, it also shows signs of maturity in the members to keep these things under control without a mod/admin's help.

I don't see this as necessarily a bad thing ;)

Now with VMs installed (Thanks muchly, btw!) will we be able to create Groups any time soon? (I just noticed this on the new customizable profiles)

Just wondering, and too lazy to create a new thread, I figured it could go here! :)

Now with VMs installed (Thanks muchly, btw!) will we be able to create Groups any time soon? (I just noticed this on the new customizable profiles)

Just wondering, and too lazy to create a new thread, I figured it could go here! :)

Social Groups were enabled together with the VMs. You must go to the user CP and look for social groups on the left.

Thanks green cat again! I know that you've kinda been stuck answering all my "I feel noobish questions but thanks!"
I'm sure he doesn't mind. Plus, there are no noobish questions. Everyone has questions, regardless of their magnitude.

The Fallen is right, I don't mind. ;)

If you read my signature, you'll notice I am available for help if you need some assistance with anything Pokemon Related (Save editing as well [Just not as much if it's related to Platinum Hex Values]). :)

But PF, it's just standard that a Moderator needs to accept any and all questions, no matter how noobly they may be. I may not be a Mod here, but believe me, you get used to it....over at Pokemon Adventure where I moderate on Facebook...you get some of the strangest questions, and you've got a duty to answer them. It's part of the role of being a Moderator. :]

Of course, it's kind of dead there now, so we all just congregate at the IRC and hang out and stuff.