READ: HOME Tracker Value

Kaphotics

19 hours ago, ICanSnake said:

One of your errors comes from that Height/Weight value on your main tab. Your Cobalion comes from USUM, and for any transfers from Bank to Home, they will always have values of 0 for Height and Weight. Keep in mind this was not introduced until LGPE, so you aren't allowed to have any Height or Weight values pre-LGPE. Only LGPE and SwSh Pokemon are allowed to have them.

Once you fix that you need to go to the OT/Misc tab and re-place the Pokemon back into the box slot, it fixes both errors once the program recognizes the current Handler OT is different from the OT on the Pokemon.

Thanks for the help. I just assumed that when they were transferred, that they would get assigned a random h/w value, similar to ivs when transferred from vc.

• 3 months later...

Hopefully is not a problem if i ask here, since this is regarding one of the point cove rin the main post.

If i create a Melmetal/Meltan using Pkhex in a save for LGPE then transfer the pkmn in Gen8 using Pkhex and then transfer the mon in Home there could be problem? I ask since as we know normaly you need to transfer from LGPE to Home then to Gen8.

In the first post i read this and this why i ask. Also i ask becouse i never done this (create in Gen8 prior gen mon and then transfer to home) so i don't know what coul happen if i store the Meltan line inside Home.

On 2/15/2020 at 3:13 AM, Kaphotics said:

When creating new Pokémon that are from prior generations for Sword & Shield, leave the tracker blank and transfer it to HOME.

15 hours ago, TiffanyDarlet said:

probably nothing, probably become bad egg maybe, 50%-50% chance lul

Oh plase no (i have PTSD for bad egg since i got some in Gen3 as a kid) . Oh well time to go ebagging for 60€ on the internet to buy LGP lul. Unless with the crown tundra GF wake up and relase and event in game for getting Meltan and Melmetal.

20 hours ago, PedroKeitawa said:

If i create a Melmetal/Meltan using Pkhex in a save for LGPE then transfer the pkmn in Gen8 using Pkhex and then transfer the mon in Home there could be problem? I ask since as we know normaly you need to transfer from LGPE to Home then to Gen8.

The mon can be transferred into SWSH (via PKHeX) just fine without a HOME tracker.

If you're talking about transferring into HOME afterwards, in order to acquire a HOME tracker, I don't know how HOME will treat it.
Previously, HOME just assigns a new tracker, no questions asked, but it is unknown if they keep a long chain of tracker changes.
If they do, it can be seen that your first entry point was in Sword.

Anyhow, if you don't want a bad egg to be stuck on your present HOME account (if it does become one),
just start up Pokémon HOME in a new user account on the Switch (will also probably need a new Nintendo ID linked to it).
If it does become a bad egg, at least it won't be stuck on your main; it'll be stuck in the disposable alt :3

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

The mon can be transferred into SWSH (via PKHeX) just fine without a HOME tracker.

If you're talking about transferring into HOME afterwards, in order to acquire a HOME tracker, I don't know how HOME will treat it.
Previously, HOME just assigns a new tracker, no questions asked, but it is unknown if they keep a long chain of tracker changes.
If they do, it can be seen that your first entry point was in Sword.

Anyhow, if you don't want a bad egg to be stuck on your present HOME account (if it does become one),
just start up Pokémon HOME in a new user account on the Switch (will also probably need a new Nintendo ID linked to it).
If it does become a bad egg, at least it won't be stuck on your main; it'll be stuck in the disposable alt :3

Understand. The alt account is a very nice suggestion, i will probably try. If happen i will just hope they somebody in my area have one of the let's go game. At least for enable the Meltan box in GO so at least, when they add the compatibility in Home, i can transfer directly from them. Alternativly hope GF do an event for catching Meltan and Melmetal in Sw/Sh via raid den. Afterall i probably wrong but they still have not relase G-MAX Melmetal.

Thanks for your help as always. :)

I think that the majority of Meltan and Melmetal that people have is genned without an Home tracker value, due to Sysbots. 

Also, I don't think GF will ever decide to turn all of them into bad eggs, cause really lot of people have them, and it can also be traded normally in game. 

Anyway, a Pokémon without an Home tracker value, just get a new value once depositated into Home as before, there is no reportage of Bad Eggs appearing due to this.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SkyLink98 said:

I think that the majority of Meltan and Melmetal that people have is genned without an Home tracker value, due to Sysbots. 

Also, I don't think GF will ever decide to turn all of them into bad eggs, cause really lot of people have them, and it can also be traded normally in game. 

Anyway, a Pokémon without an Home tracker value, just get a new value once depositated into Home as before, there is no reportage of Bad Eggs appearing due to this.

Thanks for the extra information. Just to be on the testing/carefull side im gonna try this using a secondary account on Home. Or doh i have check out and all the case i have read for the Bad Eggs (my persona hell since Gen3, im so lucky he make a return) says nothing about mon that ware from Gen7 or LGPE or even previus Gen directly genned in Gen8 and the moved to Home.

I will try and let some time pass. Let's see what happen, if with the next update (should be very soon becouse of the second part of the exspansion pass) they become bad eggs or simply vanish i twill have learn something new about Home.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello! Sorry to revive this old thread. I just had a quick question that I think was asked already but it might have gotten buried before we got an answer - but hopefully now so much time has passed we know more about HOME Trackers. 

1. In the event that a pokemon obtains a HOME tracker, is cloned in Gen VIII pkhex, and then both are uploaded to HOME, what happens?

2. In the event that a pokemon obtains a HOME tracker, is cloned in Gen VIII pkhex, and then the two are uploaded to different HOME accounts (such as trading one away), what happens?

Thank you!

1 hour ago, da72107 said:

1. In the event that a pokemon obtains a HOME tracker, is cloned in Gen VIII pkhex, and then both are uploaded to HOME, what happens?

a new HOME tracker gets assigned from HOME for one of them.

1 hour ago, da72107 said:

2. In the event that a pokemon obtains a HOME tracker, is cloned in Gen VIII pkhex, and then the two are uploaded to different HOME accounts (such as trading one away), what happens?

Don't remember. it probably gains a new one.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
7 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Does what still work? Clearing your HOME tracker?

4 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

if it works to transfer pokemon that should already have HOME tracker and does not have i to pokemon HOME

General guidelines for 2.0.0, still under development, so they may change at any time without notice:
In general:
If you make any edits to immutable stuff, like PIDs, EC, IVs, etc, clear the HOME tracker.

For injecting new mons into HOME:
Switch games origin mon
- If game of origin is SWSH, transfer from SWSH
- If game of origin is BDSP, transfer from BDSP
- If game of origin is PLA, transfer from PLA
- If game of origin is LGPE, transfer from LGPE

Mons of non-Switch origin games, priority list:
- If possible, transfer from Bank -> HOME. Skips a lot of weird stuff. Move restriction stated below doesn't apply.
- If the species exist in SWSH, transfer from SWSH *
- If the species exist in BDSP, and also don't exist in SWSH, transfer from BDSP *
- If the species exist in PLA, and also don't exist in both SWSH and BDSP, transfer from PLA *

* I'll advise only having one move on it. Make sure it has a move in its level up moveset, from both its origin game, and the game you're transferring from. That means no event moves!
Do note that there may still be weirdness if there's event moves in the relearn moves area, and someone peeks into your data.
Just don't transfer stuff that has exotic moves, in moveset or relearn!

• Like 1

Hello. How does the tracker work in 2.0? According to this tweet all the extra pokemon data is removed and stored server-side now (pokeball, met location, origin mark, alpha mark and EVS). The Home tracker value is what joins everything together when you move a pokemon from a game to another.
This raises some questions:

Let's say I caught a Psyduck in Legends and move it to pokemon Sword.

1) Is the tracker checked globally or per account? What happens if I trade that Psyduck to a friend in Sword? Will it lose all its Legends data if my friend moves that Psyduck back to Home?
2) If the tracker is global then what's the deal with cloned pokemon? What happens if my friend clones that Psyduck and gives me one of the clones? There would be two pokemon with the same Home tracker.

Thank you.

7 hours ago, FusionGengar said:

Hello. How does the tracker work in 2.0? According to this tweet all the extra pokemon data is removed and stored server-side now (pokeball, met location, origin mark, alpha mark and EVS). The Home tracker value is what joins everything together when you move a pokemon from a game to another.
This raises some questions:

Let's say I caught a Psyduck in Legends and move it to pokemon Sword.

1) Is the tracker checked globally or per account? What happens if I trade that Psyduck to a friend in Sword? Will it lose all its Legends data if my friend moves that Psyduck back to Home?
2) If the tracker is global then what's the deal with cloned pokemon? What happens if my friend clones that Psyduck and gives me one of the clones? There would be two pokemon with the same Home tracker.

Thank you.

1) tracker is global. Do note sending a mon from a different game will change the tracker, but all details are carried forward.

2) depends if the Mon already has a tracker in it a data. In any case it’ll just get a new tracker.

• 2 months later...

Have a bit of a question about the new HOME tracker mechanics. This Ho-Oh (attached for reference) was originally transferred from Pokemon Bank and has data in SWSH as well. Sending it to BDSP, trading it to a sysbot, and reinjecting via sysbot seems to have wiped its HOME tracker data, despite no visible changes being made to the .pb8 file in the latest version of PKHeX. My understanding is that, because the HOME tracker visible in PKHeX hasn't been changed (nor anything else visible in PKHeX), HOME would 'remember' the Pokemon server-side and be able to restore its moves/Dynamax Level/etc when returned to SWSH, as well as exempt it from the one-shiny-legendary-per-BDSP-save rule. Neither of these have been the case.

Am I misunderstanding how the HOME tracker works, or are there other tracking parameters not currently supported by PKHeX?

Ho-Oh BDSP.pb8

Edited by TFSthegreat

1 hour ago, TFSthegreat said:

Have a bit of a question about the new HOME tracker mechanics. This Ho-Oh (attached for reference) was originally transferred from Pokemon Bank and has data in SWSH as well. Sending it to BDSP, trading it to a sysbot, and reinjecting via sysbot seems to have wiped its HOME tracker data, despite no visible changes being made to the .pb8 file in the latest version of PKHeX. My understanding is that, because the HOME tracker visible in PKHeX hasn't been changed (nor anything else visible in PKHeX), HOME would 'remember' the Pokemon server-side and be able to restore its moves/Dynamax Level/etc when returned to SWSH, as well as exempt it from the one-shiny-legendary-per-BDSP-save rule. Neither of these have been the case.

Am I misunderstanding how the HOME tracker works, or are there other tracking parameters not currently supported by PKHeX?

Ho-Oh BDSP.pb8 344 B · 0 downloads

The question for you is whether the “met location” shows up correctly in HOME, as well as other data like moves and Dynamax Level.

When you try to inset Ho-Oh into HOME, when you already have the same tracker in HOME, it’ll reassign a new tracker, but carry forward the other information.

also, HOME might internally track which game the tracker exited to..

No, it has no met location in HOME, nor moves or Dynamax Level.

This Ho-Oh was moved from SWSH to BDSP via HOME, traded to a sysbot to obtain the .pb8 file, and then the .pb8 file was injected and traded back to the same BDSP save via sysbot. No alterations were made to the Pokemon, nor was there a duplicate of it present in HOME, BDSP or any other service. It was then placed back in HOME, which failed to identify it as the same Ho-Oh.

The Pokemon was ostensibly identical before and after being extracted and injected, and there were no competing Pokemon with the same HOME tracker anywhere. This seems like it would imply there are other tracking parameters on the actual Pokemon not supported by PKHeX - how else would HOME fail to identify it if nothing detectable by PKHeX was changed? Either that or I'm misunderstanding how HOME tracking works, which I don't think I am.

Edited by TFSthegreat
clarity

• 3 months later...

I have a question, i want to transfer all 1-7 gen  Pokemon´s from PKHex  to my Pokemon HOME, i want to make all the boxes in a USUM savegame, and then put it in the Pokemon bank and then transfer to Pokemon HOME, in settings I selected the option ¨AllowGuesRejuvenateHOME-MissingDataHOME¨ can i transfer the mon´s to the pokemon go trough pokemon bank safe or I need to do something more Thanks

Edited by Ibofee

8 minutes ago, Ibofee said:

I have a question, i want to transfer all 1-7 gen  Pokemon´s from PKHex  to my Pokemon HOME, i want to make all the boxes in a USUM savegame, and then put it in the Pokemon bank and then transfer to Pokemon HOME, in settings I selected the option ¨AllowGuesRejuvenateHOME-MissingDataHOME¨ can i transfer the mon´s to the pokemon go trough pokemon bank safe or I need to do something more Thanks

No need to enable that. If you’re going Bank -> HOME then it’s fine.

I wonder if I could transfer my Pokemon D/P events and Pokemon S/M events for example Eeve WCS with focus sash, and then add the item in the pokemon S/M save and transfer from pkhex to pokemon bank and from there to pokemon home without risk of banning, i need to check compatibiliy or something ? as I read I can transfer any pokemon from gen 1 to 7 without risk, right? due this post was posted in 2020 i ask before, greetings 👍🏾

Edited by aNTonioPG