READ: HOME Tracker Value

Kaphotics

7 hours ago, Hello, it's me! said:

Real Talk : As a pkhexer, do you REALLY even need HOME to transfer over your previous gen mons ? 🤔

Frankly the only reason i use it is to get the  gift pokemon and maybe complete some of those challenges

I don't have my Switch Lite hacked, that's why I'm asking about what to do.

3 minutes ago, phillyrider807 said:

So it seems the problem is only when u clone the pokemon AFTER it's deposited into home right? Not before?

Yup, after all the game doesn't care for cloned creatures.

And it is possible to cause clones normally.
If a person repeatedly hosts the same raid den, and you catch all of them, those in it itself are natural clones.

1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

Yup, after all the game doesn't care for cloned creatures.

And it is possible to cause clones normally.
If a person repeatedly hosts the same raid den, and you catch all of them, those in it itself are natural clones.

If thats the case then i think the pokemon from giveaways are still good to go. It's much faster to clone in usum and do a batch upload to home then send one to home and then clone it.

Edited by phillyrider807

2 minutes ago, phillyrider807 said:

If thats the case then i think the pokemon from giveaways are still good to go. It's much faster to clone in usum and do a batch upload to home then send one to home and then clone it.

yeah, however I'm assuming people who are concerned with the HOME tracker, as well as people asking for HOME transferred pk8 files,
do not have paid HOME subscription itself.

So granted the general advice to everyone would be to wipe the tracker value.
For the case that people have the paid HOME subscription, cloning in gen 7 then transferring it to HOME works fine.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

yeah, however I'm assuming people who are concerned with the HOME tracker, as well as people asking for HOME transferred pk8 files,
do not have paid HOME subscription itself.

So granted the general advice to everyone would be to wipe the tracker value.
For the case that people have the paid HOME subscription, cloning in gen 7 then transferring it to HOME works fine.

Ahh. Makes sense!

• Like 1

On 2/15/2020 at 3:13 AM, Kaphotics said:

Introduced in the middle of February, Pokémon HOME allows for transferring from Bank and Let's Go Pikachu / Eevee as a central storage site with connectivity to Sword & Shield.

When a Pokémon is transferred from Bank or Let's Go Pikachu / Eevee into HOME, it is assigned a unique 64 bit number to differentiate it from other uploads.

• Pokémon that have not yet visited HOME do not yet have a HOME tracker.
  • Pokémon that are traded in-game without HOME do not get assigned a tracker (SW/SH <-> SW/SH).
  • Pokémon that must travel thru HOME to reach the game it resides on must have a HOME tracker (SW/SH origin do not have a tracker).
  • Pokémon that are uploaded in the same batch are not guaranteed to have a similar tracker (usually incremental).
  • Pokémon that aren't yet in the PK8 format cannot have a tracker value assigned (Bank did not track). It is only a concern in PK8 format.

What exactly might this value be used for?

• Differentiation of unique uploads, to prevent users from depositing & withdrawing the same data to boost their counts.
  • Tracking how Pokémon are traded between users.
  • Detecting if a Pokémon has been modified from the original upload.
  • Detecting if a Pokémon is foreign from the HOME system (having a value of zero).

When Pokémon with the same Tracker value are uploaded to HOME, they are discarded (deleted). It only retains the first unique Pokémon with that tracker value, on a per-account basis.

It appears the best practice is to let the server assign you a tracker, rather than having a blatantly wrong tracker. Historically, GameFreak does not obsess over this metadata, so having arbitrary/lacking tracker values might not matter at all.

Only HOME can determine if a tracker value is valid.

Due to the described behavior, here are our recommendations:

• When cloning Pokémon in Sword & Shield, clear the tracker value for all clones you create.
  • When creating new Pokémon that are from prior generations for Sword & Shield, leave the tracker blank and transfer it to HOME.
  • When creating new Pokémon that originate in Sword & Shield, leave the tracker blank.
  • When modifying Pokémon that have already visited HOME, zero out the tracker if you change anything that can't be changed in-game.

Why not create a random tracker value?

• Again, only HOME can determine if a tracker value is valid.
  • HOME can possibly check tracker values to see if the details match the original upload (modified data).
  • HOME can possibly check tracker values to see if the details are on another user's account (cloned data).
  • Uploading to HOME without a tracker value will automatically assign a new one.
  • You can receive Pokémon that lack a tracker value from other players via trade (in addition to SWSH natives).

PKHeX's default settings are to ignore missing tracker values (should be on every non-Gen8 origin Pokémon that is residing in Gen8+), but has a toggle setting to opt-in for strict checking. This is to allow users to create the most-legal data without forging an INVALID tracker value, which will be legal after transferring in & out of HOME.

so if i clone a 3ds pokemon (pk7 file) and i send 2 clones into home the dont have a track value so the 2 pokemon obtain different track values?

1 minute ago, AcroBlade said:

Yeah, their way of checking for hacks/clones are a complete joke...

Plus they can't exactly ban clones, since natural clones can occur, particularly in Gen 8.
(Let's say just keep doing a raid, and host shares the same mon again and again).

For older gens, some other clones exist, such as N's Pokemon.

First post here. Hi!

Thought I'd shed some light on my experience/tests since the question of "Can I just clear the Home tracker value" keeps popping up.

I have a batch of all the legendaries now available via Home, and a cloned batch of those same mons. One batch definitely has some cloned IDs in there, and the other batch I cleared out all the Home trackers values.

Uploaded both batches to Home, and sure enough, the batch with all the trackers intact (with cloned IDs in there) got mons randomly deleted. The batch with all the trackers cleared was uploaded, and left fully intact. Tried this test several times, the results were the same.

So while I'm not going to say mons with cleared trackers will never get deleted by Gamefreak, this pattern seems consistent for me.

On 2/16/2020 at 1:06 AM, Hello, it's me! said:

Real Talk : As a pkhexer, do you REALLY even need HOME to transfer over your previous gen mons ? 🤔

Frankly the only reason i use it is to get the  gift pokemon and maybe complete some of those challenges

Technically you can save your old gen pokemon from your old gen save as a .pk6 or .pk7 file (I am assuming you're talking about 3DS transfers, but you can still save pk1/2/3/4/5 files from your emulator saves) and load it onto your gen 8 pkhx but it wouldnt have a home tracker. You could then just put ll of them in home to get the trackers though and theyd all be unique

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
45 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

have you tried "Tracker"?

Yes of course it would be that simple.  My apologies ... and I had fired up VS and download the source to search for the answer my self in the code.

DNS.jpg

Edited by Darkfiggy
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Here are a few of the pokemon i was talking about. Deposited them into bank, removed them, and loaded up the game. they were assigned tracking numbers but the illegal message still shows up.

Also wanted to clarify that my gen 8 mons work fine, its only with the pokemon from past generations that i have this issue.

screenshot illegal transfer.png

534 - Conkeldurr - 001C00000000.pk8 638 - Cobalion - 48EBBBCD02ED.pk8

Edited by 420 BlazeGaming
Clarification

2 hours ago, 420 BlazeGaming said:

Here are a few of the pokemon i was talking about. Deposited them into bank, removed them, and loaded up the game. they were assigned tracking numbers but the illegal message still shows up.

Also wanted to clarify that my gen 8 mons work fine, its only with the pokemon from past generations that i have this issue.

Spoiler

screenshot illegal transfer.png

534 - Conkeldurr - 001C00000000.pk8 344 B · 0 downloads 638 - Cobalion - 48EBBBCD02ED.pk8 344 B · 0 downloads

One of your errors comes from that Height/Weight value on your main tab. Your Cobalion comes from USUM, and for any transfers from Bank to Home, they will always have values of 0 for Height and Weight. Keep in mind this was not introduced until LGPE, so you aren't allowed to have any Height or Weight values pre-LGPE. Only LGPE and SwSh Pokemon are allowed to have them.

Once you fix that you need to go to the OT/Misc tab and re-place the Pokemon back into the box slot, it fixes both errors once the program recognizes the current Handler OT is different from the OT on the Pokemon.