Error with Galar Born Pokemon with Moves from Previous Gen

alexanderblack24

Hi! I wanna make some Pokemon with access to new moves. But I can't seem to create them properly without errors.

What should I do if I were to create a Pokemon and I want it to have a move that should have been from a Pokemon that was from the previous generation, (Toxic Mantine, Knock Off Conkeldurr) and I created one that was born in Galar?

It shows an error with the moves even though I created a clean one that was assuming was from a Home-Mantine.

What should I do?

They cannot have moves from previous generations if they can't learn it in this gen.

If they have moves from prev gen when they were caught in this generation, they would be illegal.

Only way they can prev generation move, is if they were caught in previous generation.

6 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

They cannot have moves from previous generations if they can't learn it in this gen.

If they have moves from prev gen when they were caught in this generation, they would be illegal.

Only way they can prev generation move, is if they were caught in previous generation.

Thanks for the reply! Does that mean we would need a real Pokemon with that specific move that originated from Home, before we can edit things on it after transferring to our Sword and Shield game?

Once again, do not unncessarily multipost. You have been warned.

This mon hasn't been transferred via HOME. I suggest you edit one that has been.
We have files on our forums, trying download one from the downloads section, then proceeding to edit that copy.

Also, your screenshot didn't include the header for PKHeX.
I don't know what version you're using, but I'll give you this advice: download the latest copy.