Pokemon Home

xgorinx

I'm using PkHex to generate pokemon in sword and port them to Home. However, for pokemon that don't exist in sword / shield, like Weedle for example, PkHex is setting the ability to "none" and won't allow it to be changed. Is there any way around this?

2 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Erm, Weedle doesn't exist for SWSH.

If you're trying to get PKHeX to generate lower gen mons (for lower gen saves), Options > Settings > Blank Save Version (reduce to whatever lower gens)

So changing the blank save version doesn't seem to work how I was expecting.  Wouldn't that mess up my sword save if I changed it to a different gen?  I don't actually need the pokemon to show up in Sword, just have it on the save file and hopefully have it's own ability working when it is transferred to Home

Edited by xgorinx

11 minutes ago, xgorinx said:

So changing the blank save version doesn't seem to work how I was expecting.  Wouldn't that mess up my sword save if I changed it to a different gen?  I don't actually need the pokemon to show up in Sword, just have it on the save file and hopefully have it's own ability working when it is transferred to Home

Look, if you try to create Weedle for SWSH, you'll get a PK8, but you won't be able to properly import into SWSH, cause Weedle doesn't exist in SWSH.

Also don't load your save file when you changing the blank. (not that it matters, it basically loads a blank over your save file. so it's no longer reading your save file. Just don't overwrite your save file).

14 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Look, if you try to create Weedle for SWSH, you'll get a PK8, but you won't be able to properly import into SWSH, cause Weedle doesn't exist in SWSH.

Also don't load your save file when you changing the blank. (not that it matters, it basically loads a blank over your save file. so it's no longer reading your save file. Just don't overwrite your save file).

If I change the save file version to Ultra Moon, for example... and then create the Weedle, and then copy the file to PC, it creates a .pk7 file.  However, if I were to import that .pk7 file into my pokemon sword using PkHex, the ability goes away.  What I'm trying to do is move every pokemon in national dex, even the ones that don't exist in sword / shield, to pokemon Home, using my sword file and pkhex.  Am I missing something?

On 2/14/2020 at 5:59 PM, xgorinx said:

So the only option would be to transfer from 3ds?

I've found that dragging the files individually into PKHeX loads the Pokémon as it was. Abilities maintained and everything, BUT if you try to tweak the Pokémon even a little, it'll remove its ability, etc. It'll slow you down but that might otherwise be more help to you.

The funny thing is, the game just doesn't want the cut stuff being used since it will flat-out remove the ability after one battle with it.

Among abilities I've tested Gale Wings, Desolate Land, Power Construct, Battle Bond and Delta Stream, all function properly. However in the case of the weather abilities, they don't call the animation for the weather. Otherwise, it functions fine.

If you want to test that yourself, enter a battle and meet the abilities conditions to see for yourself. To see the weathers I'd recommend going to an area with Hail or Sandstorm in effect..