PKHeX 20.02.14

ReignOfComputer

PKHeX is a save editor for core-series Pokémon games. With it, users can manipulate various save files including: .sav, .dsv, .dat, .gci, .raw, and .bin types. PKHeX can also read and write: .pk files, which are individual Pokémon files, and .pgt, .pcd, .pgf, .wc, which are Mystery Gift files.

Version 20.02.14 of PKHeX has been released, with support for Pokemon Home. Please pay attention to the change log regarding legality.

Change log:

20/02/14 - New Update:
 - Legality:
 - - Added: Initial handling for HOME Transfers.
 - - Note: Tracker value is currently not flagged if missing; there's a setting to enable flagging.
 - - Note: Pokémon that haven't yet visited HOME do not have a tracker.
 - - Note: Fake WC8 data will have to be prepared to recognize HOME gifts.
 - Added: More Gen8 editable fields. Thanks @CanoeHope!
 - Added: More Gen4 Event Flags. Thanks @FeralFalcon!
 - Changed: Revised suggested hatch locations. Thanks @CanoeHope!
 - Fixed: Gen5 Entree Forest randomization no longer causes errors. Thanks Pocket Monsters (user)!
 - Fixed: Gen4 HGSS Box Wallpapers are now read correctly. Thanks @Ammako!

Download      |     FAQ     |     Support Forum

View full article

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, ReignOfComputer said:

PKHeX is a save editor for core-series Pokémon games. With it, users can manipulate various save files including: .sav, .dsv, .dat, .gci, .raw, and .bin types. PKHeX can also read and write: .pk files, which are individual Pokémon files, and .pgt, .pcd, .pgf, .wc, which are Mystery Gift files.

Version 20.02.14 of PKHeX has been released, with support for Pokemon Home. Please pay attention to the change log regarding legality.

Change log:

Download      |     FAQ     |     Support Forum

View full article

Thanks for having released this at lightspeed!

42 minutes ago, Dark_Ansem said:

So, I'd appreciate a couple words about the "Home" tracker thing: a value of all 0s make it flag as illegal, if we select it like that. When would we actually need a HOME tracker value?

Anything that has been stored in HOME will have a tracker value assigned to it by the server.

Anything that must have been stored in HOME before arriving at its current format (eg PK7->PK8) must have a tracker value assigned.

Creating a random tracker will not match what the server has (it's not in its database), and files without a tracker get one automatically assigned. Pokemon with the same tracker are deleted; only the first one is kept.

It is recommended to let HOME assign you a tracker for all your custom creations, and to clear it from anything you clone.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

Anything that has been stored in HOME will have a tracker value assigned to it by the server.

Anything that must have been stored in HOME before arriving at its current format (eg PK7->PK8) must have a tracker value assigned.

Creating a random tracker will not match what the server has (it's not in its database), and files without a tracker get one automatically assigned. Pokemon with the same tracker are deleted; only the first one is kept.

It is recommended to let HOME assign you a tracker for all your custom creations, and to clear it from anything you clone.

ok thanks. So please help me a little more: I've spent a bit of time now making mons from previous generations legal according to latest pkhex. Are they safe to transfer to HOME back and forth, or should I have tried to leave them in their original version (pk7, pk2 etc)?

36 minutes ago, Dark_Ansem said:

ok thanks. So please help me a little more: I've spent a bit of time now making mons from previous generations legal according to latest pkhex. Are they safe to transfer to HOME back and forth, or should I have tried to leave them in their original version (pk7, pk2 etc)?

Transfer them from gen7.

HOME doesn't assign duplicate trackers, so clones will automatically be differentiated when assigned a new tracker.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Kaphotics said:

Transfer them from gen7.

HOME doesn't assign duplicate trackers, so clones will automatically be differentiated when assigned a new tracker.

What if I can't, due to having missed the event on a gen 7 console such as Giovanni's mewtwo and not having a Gen7 modded console?

1 hour ago, Kaphotics said:

Hi, Kurt, just wanted to clarify something with you.

Given what you said it seems relatively safe to go from Gen 7 -> HOME -> Gen 8 since Home doesn't assign more than one Tracker Value, but what if you did the reverse? 

If you genned, for example Five Zekrom directly into SwSh without a HOME Tracker value, and then uploaded them into HOME, and then transferred them back into your save file, would that be safe? Or is Genning Pokemon that must have come from Gen 7-> Gen 8 directly into SwSh (meaning they'd have no tracker) and then uploading them to Home not recommended? 

Sorry if your post means just that (I.e. Gen 8 to HOME for a tracker value). I just took it to mean for Gen 7 -> HOME. Apologies if I misunderstood it.

Also, another question, you said that duplicate HOME Trackers are deleted if they're in HOME, does that apply to every Pokemon in all of the database, or just ones on the same account? Because I cloned my Gen 7 pokemon that were transferred from HOME legitimately and gave them out, so was just curious how the identical tracker thing would work across multiple people's accounts if they all had them in their HOME account.

Edited by GenWunner
  • Ditto 1

1 minute ago, GenWunner said:

If you genned 5 Zekrom directly into the game without a Home Tracker, and then uploaded them into Home, and then transferred them back into your save file, would that be safe? Or is Genning Pokemon that must have come from Gen 7-> Gen 8 directly into SwSh (meaning they'd have no tracker) and then uploading them to Home not recommended? 

That's pretty much what I want to do.

14 minutes ago, GenWunner said:

If you genned, for example Five Zekrom directly into SwSh without a HOME Tracker value, and then uploaded them into HOME, and then transferred them back into your save file, would that be safe? Or is Genning Pokemon that must have come from Gen 7-> Gen 8 directly into SwSh (meaning they'd have no tracker) and then uploading them to Home not recommended? 

I don't think this would work. Since a Zekrom on SwSh MUST have come through PK Home to be on SwSh.
It would not have a Tracking ID and HOME will know that it was not legitimately acquired.

I hope this is not the case but I'm not willing to try and get a potential ban.

We're not GameFreak/etc, only they know the extent of checks performed on said tracker both present and future. It wouldn't be difficult to trace origins, though I highly doubt it will result in a ban (don't quote me on this). It's not feasible for them to trace if someone has decided to spam hacks via surprise/local trades, for example.

It's possible flagged Pokemon will just not be able to work with Home down the road, but this is all just speculation.

9 minutes ago, pyraximus said:

Correct me if I misunderstand, but if I don't have a gen 7 game to transfer mons to bank, and then to home, does this mean that it's impossible to have a legitimate gen 7 mon in SWSH with a home tracker and everything?

Would love to hear on this as well

17 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

You could just inject the mon file with a tracker..

Sorry to double quote, but I was under the impression that the tracker was specific to each individual mon per home account, when you say inject with a tracker I can just use the one associated with somebody else's mon?

16 minutes ago, pyraximus said:

I'm assuming the fake tracker is the FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF1 that pkhex counts as legal although I wonder if home is actually going to quantify that as legit in the long run

we don't work for the maintenance staff of HOME, so who knows what would be legal for the long run to them.

If you're going by FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF1, you are probably intending to steal the tracker from one of the files I uploaded.

at the very least, it's not 0 of all Fs.

• Like 1