Sw/Sh bans

thesquanch

So with all of the bans going on recently, are pokemon that are  being acquired legitimately and just duplicated going to be safe? Also, it's my understanding that pokemon home has a legality checker that pokemon must pass in order to be transferred from older versions. So, if they pass that checker, we should be all good, right? i want to see if anybody else has had any trouble within the past day or 2 due to banning of genned or duped pokemon with  hex.  any info or insight on the matter would be greatly appreciated!

there have been reports on multiple discords of people being banned for having pokemon that are  not yet obtainable in pokemon Sw/Sh (not until home came out at least}. such as litten and the other alolan starters. Most of these pokemon that were being referred to are now available through home. Apparently gamefreak is starting to crackdown on it pretty hard with the past 24-48 hours and i was just wondering if anybody had any issue with there hexed pokemon either by genning or duping. i havent had any issues so far but its a little worrying.

--merged, @thesquanch please don't double post, thanks --

"we don't have visibility into trades performed within Pokemon Sword and Shield on the Nintendo Switch, but Pokemon traded using Pokemon HOME must pass an automatic check to ensure they are compliant with the game rules."

this was taken from a ticket someone put in with Pokemon Support.

--merged, @thesquanch please don't double post, thanks --

i was just wondering if anybody else ran into issues involving their duped or genned pokemon is all. I dont want to recieve a ban or anything so i thought i would ask.

25 minutes ago, thesquanch said:

there have been reports on multiple discords of people being banned for having pokemon that are  not yet obtainable in pokemon Sw/Sh (not until home came out at least}. such as litten and the other alolan starters. Most of these pokemon that were being referred to are now available through home. Apparently gamefreak is starting to crackdown on it pretty hard with the past 24-48 hours and i was just wondering if anybody had any issue with there hexed pokemon either by genning or duping. i havent had any issues so far but its a little worrying.

While I don't see any evidence of a crackdown, bringing unreleased mons online is as stupid as pirating SM and using GTS when it's not out.

They probably can monitor traffic pre-HOME release, but once HOME is out, as there millions of users worldwide, it's unlikely it'll stick out like a sore thumb. Plus, talking about duping, it probably is hard to monitor when there's so many PID variation out there (and that is ignoring the fact that some mons are natural clones. For example, some in-game trades have fixed PID. They can't possibly come up with a comprehensive list. They can't fault everyone...)

20 minutes ago, thesquanch said:

we don't have visibility into trades performed within Pokemon Sword and Shield on the Nintendo Switch, but Pokemon traded using Pokemon HOME must pass an automatic check to ensure they are compliant with the game rules."

this was taken from a ticket someone put in with Pokemon Support.

Except we can't prove if there's any truth to that.

For example, Pokémon HOME allows Eternal Floette, something that was never ever distributed, to be transferred in.
Wouldn't this be a red flag, and an easy thing to stop?

While not related to HOME entirely, but related to trades, maliciously hacked a certain mon to cause the game to crash.
Yet, this isn't stopped either.

With these extreme examples in mind, it's hard to concretely prove there's proper hack checks.
Yes, there is a limited server side check, but it's not reliable. It's stopping Shiny Solgaleo and Shiny Lunala from being used online, even though it was legitimately received from the event...

20 minutes ago, thesquanch said:

i was just wondering if anybody else ran into issues involving their duped or genned pokemon is all. I dont want to recieve a ban or anything so i thought i would ask.

Well if anyone did, and they feel like it, they'll tell you.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

erm, what bans have been going on over the past 2 days?

Also, HOME doesn't have a legality checker.

In any case, we don't work for Nintendo/Game Freak, so no one really knows.

Yea theres no legality checker whatsoever in home

I genned pokemon not even in the game and transferred them to home lmao

Does it not have a legality checker? I transferred a bunch of Pokémon to Home and they were deleted upon transfer.

8 minutes ago, DreesusChrist said:

Yea theres no legality checker whatsoever in home

I genned pokemon not even in the game and transferred them to home lmao

Just now, Hynloran said:

Does it not have a legality checker? I transferred a bunch of Pokémon to Home and they were deleted upon transfer.

Home's glitching out and deleting people's Pokemon at random, from what I hear. If might have some legality checker but it's really, really basic and wildly inaccurate.

3 minutes ago, DreesusChrist said:

If i knew how to work forums id show you the pictures of this travesty lmao but yea its broken man no legality checks 

Must be random what gets deleted then or a glitch, that’s so weird and honestly pathetic their part. Not that you mention it some of my Pokémon did end up staying while others were deleted... lol

Edited by Hynloran