Wishmkr Jirachi flag?

Snaid

Sorry if this is a repost, but I couldn't find anything on it when I searched the forum. 

Would it be possible to add a checkbox to PKHex for having received a wishmkr jirachi from the Colosseum bonus disk? so that all I'd need to do would be open pkhex, uncheck the box, then get another from my bonus disk in the same save file? I tried doing a flag diff in the event flag research tab but nothing came up between saves from before and after I got the jirachi. I think I'm at the limit of what I know how to do. could someone take a look at the attached saves and see if they can find what would be needed? (01A is the save right before using the bonus disk, 01B is the save right after, so the only difference is the jirachi in my party). 

Thanks

(PS: I tried deleting the Jirachi and trying to get another one but it said the save already got one so I know there's something in the save file for it, I just don't know what.)

POKEMON_SAPP_AXPE00-01A.sav POKEMON_SAPP_AXPE00-01B.sav

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, suloku said:

I recall writing a single app for this....it ahoul be somewhere on the forums

Is it this?

On 10/21/2017 at 3:02 AM, suloku said:

I coded this really quick, it will force first block 0 checksum (it seems the disc uses the first block 0 checksum it finds, not the current save block 0 checksum) to have the desired checksum to seed the Jirachi by writing some bytes onto the "Gamecode" section at block 0, since according to bulbapedia for Ruby and Saphire those 4 bytes are always 0x00 and it seems the game puts those bytes to all zero when saving, so after receiving jirachi no traces remain on the save.

The first thing it does is check if the jirachi flag is set and ask to clear it, so this can also be used to just remove the flag from a savefile.

I haven't thouroughly tested this, works with my saves so far.

ps: this is based on BlackShark's Mirage Island Value, which is in turn based on Kaphotic's psavfixv2. Source code included. Also some text files with the shiny seeds and some other useful seeds I found on a reddit post.

EDIT: link removed, I re-checked and the added bytes onto gamecode section aren't cleared when saving again, so instead I'll make it so the program only works when the first block 0 found is from the backup save, if not the program will ask the user to save once and try again.

EDIT 2: new file, as said above seed can only be changed when the first savegame on the savefile is the backup save.

JirachiSeeder_0.1b.zip

6 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Is it this?

It is, I searched and edites my previous post, seems you did the same thing while I was editing it :D

The flag for WISHMKR Jirachi on the savefile: Block 0x04, offset 0x2B1. 0x00 = not received; 0x01 = received. I don't remember if the flag is shared with channel Jirachi...I recall that being the case, but I'm not really sure right now.

It can certainly be easily added to pkhex, but my laptop died two weeks ago and don't have a working setup to make a pull request right now.

ps: if you are trying to get the shiny ones there are only 9, there's a rng thread on reddit very informative on that topic, and you can find more info readding the thread where Inposted the peogram

• Like 1