Importing Black 2 arm9.bin back into ROM

Hello, I'm playing Blaze Black 2 (which, by the way, is an awesome ROM hack). So I was trying to edit the shiny rate, and I successfully did so; I used CrystalTile2 to extract the arm9.bin out, then I opened the arm9.bin in HxD and edited the shiny rate. However, I don't know how to apply this change to the actual game, because I have no idea how to import the arm9.bin back into the game. I searched for answers, but all I saw was "right-click the arm9.bin in CrystalTile2 and simply click Import." Whenever I do that it says something along the lines of "file too small, game makes new recommended." Anyone know how to import it into the game file?

image.png.c0c949520a34be40fedee956ad8e4b82.png

This is my edited arm9.bin in CrystalTile2, and the highlighted line is my edited shiny offset.

4 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

I've never used Crystaltile2 to extract my stuff before. Only used NitroExplorer.

Also, don't multipost. Just edit in the information to your latest unanswered post.

Hi, sorry for multiposting. So where can I install NitroExplorer, and how do I import the arm9.bin back into the ROM by using it?

4 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Not sure it nitroexplorer can be used to export and import arm9.bin.

We have NitroExplorer here.

Alright, so I went to that link and downloaded it. But I'm doing this on a NDS ROM, and I went to NitroExplorer 3 and saw that it supported NDS and arm9 stuff. Which one should I download?

Also, I keep trying to import my new arm9.bin into the game, but CrystalTile2 keeps saying "file is too small! Enter new location(V):
No data after the previous position. ROM makes new is recommended."image.thumb.png.f6d1ed012e21c2b8803f7ae35b45cf26.png

Edited by ChaosHorn
new info

• 11 months later...
  • 9 months later...