Trouble loading Emerald backup save on pc

Aero9371

Through GBA link cable dumper v1.6 on my modded wii, I was able to get my .sav from my copy of emerald on my pc. My problem is that whenever I try loading the .sav onto pkhex, I get the error message stating 'Attempted to load an unsupported file type/size'. I have no idea what I might be doing wrong, but I attached the .sav just in case someone can see what the problem is.. 

POKEMON EMER [BPEE01] (1).sav

59 minutes ago, Aero9371 said:

Through GBA link cable dumper v1.6 on my modded wii, I was able to get my .sav from my copy of emerald on my pc. My problem is that whenever I try loading the .sav onto pkhex, I get the error message stating 'Attempted to load an unsupported file type/size'. I have no idea what I might be doing wrong, but I attached the .sav just in case someone can see what the problem is.. 

POKEMON EMER [BPEE01] (1).sav 128 kB · 1 download

It's not a supported binary. In hex it's just random data, can't seem to load it into VBA.

6 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

It's not a supported binary. In hex it's just random data, can't seem to load it into VBA.

Not sure if it makes a difference, but I was using a generic link cable from amazon to dump the .sav. Not sure if I need an official one from nintendo to dump the file correctly. 

Just now, Aero9371 said:

Not sure if it makes a difference, but I was using a generic link cable from amazon to dump the .sav. Not sure if I need an official one from nintendo to dump the file correctly. 

Maybe the save is encrypted or something. If so, you gotta find a program that converts the save to a usable state or something.
I've never used your setup before so I can't give much advice on that. Also, I doubt the issue is with the link cable; if that link cable could be used for trades (i.e it's transferring the correct data to and fro), it is probably fine.