Editing Raid Den Pokemon

ThatsTrivialTTV

3 hours ago, AliceTheAlice said:

This Mewtwo can't be Shiny. It cannot be caught and has forced IVs. I suspect this Mewtwo alone may fill in most of the missing flags for you in the data. lol

yup cannot be shiny (already knew what that flag was), cannot be caught (just thought I figured it out), but apparently has forced IVs now.

I hoping I didn't mistake the forced IVs flag for the cannot be caught flag.. urgh.

Probably need to test out a custom event raid file later. A bit busy at the moment

edit: Found the real value for catchability, and also found where IVs were written.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2020 at 6:16 PM, theSLAYER said:

has there been any event raid that does not have HA?

I have not heard anyone state that Hidden Abilities were not available for any Promoted Raid thus far. On top of that, we have not even had a species of Pokemon which does not have a HA in the list of Promoted Nests...

1 minute ago, AliceTheAlice said:

I have not heard anyone state that Hidden Abilities were not available for any Promoted Raid thus far. On top of that, we have not even had a species of Pokemon which does not have a HA in the list of Promoted Nests...

Thanks. I'm under the impression that all promoted raids are set to HA. I even battled a Mewtwo that had Unnerve (if I'm not mistaken), so chance of HA is a default setting, and I won't have to dig for it in the moves.

I've expanded my app a bit. Apparently there's 5 moves programmed per slot, tho I think the extra move is a move they can use but not have it when captured.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2020 at 9:22 PM, Dal2kness said:

image.png.4f48db18dc62e2542341dbf3a1033442.png

Thank u so much bro ^^
theSLAYER

theSLAYER
Can i edit IV?

I tried to edit IV value ,Nature ,AB and it OK for 5 IV but another ramdomize can't fix

For the record, to tag a user, it’s not just copying the hyperlink for the person. It’s to put “@“ and type the name behind it. 

Now, I’ll probably be able to give you the rough addresses for where IV is, in comparison to the species, later. Watch this space.

Edit:

'set ivs
        DataGridView1.Rows(i).Cells(10).Value = rawdata1(position - &HB)

According to my records, it is - 0x0B from the location of the species.
Do a few tests, you should find it. When in doubt, load the edited file in my program and check if the changes are there.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2020 at 12:05 PM, theSLAYER said:

For the record, to tag a user, it’s not just copying the hyperlink for the person. It’s to put “@“ and type the name behind it. 

Now, I’ll probably be able to give you the rough addresses for where IV is, in comparison to the species, later. Watch this space.

Edit:

According to my records, it is - 0x0B from the location of the species.
Do a few tests, you should find it. When in doubt, load the edited file in my program and check if the changes are there.

I confused about this method please explain.

On 3/15/2020 at 4:05 PM, theSLAYER said:

For every location of the species ID, minus 0x0B.

Location of the various species can be found in previous posts from me. (here)

If you don't understand that, you probably should do the edits..

Even tho every event up to now appears to be random, I've had this row for Abilities, as these were the only changes I've noticed previously.

However, now that some raids were reported to be HA only, those raids coincidentally show what I've had as abilities (tentative) this whole time:
image.png

Thus, I believe the ability values are the same as wonder cards in previous generation. (Also, Dai_encount seems to use this too):
0 - Ability 1
1 - Ability 2
2 - Ability HA
3 - Random (1 & 2)
4 - Random (1, 2 & HA)

Now looking back to previous stuff that I saw the "2" on:

Spoiler

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

If this difference is indeed what trigger the ability, it appears that because forced HA was only 1 and 2 star, people didn't report it cause they already completed the game ><

Spoiler

Also, interesting to note, Mewtwo is flagged as Ability 1 only. 

image.png

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Out of curiosity, how hard would it be for the normalencountreader program to implement editing values itself? I seem to be having a real hard time making everything have a Dynamax level of 10 and Dynaboost of 5. 

52 minutes ago, Waltee said:

Out of curiosity, how hard would it be for the normalencountreader program to implement editing values itself? I seem to be having a real hard time making everything have a Dynamax level of 10 and Dynaboost of 5. 

I'm not interested in doing that. Probably easy for a pro, just time-consuming really, but I ain't that.

11 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

I'm not interested in doing that. Probably easy for a pro, just time-consuming really, but I ain't that.

Not a problem, I appreciate you taking the time to reply all the same. I'll just keep trying to do what I'm trying doing to do, thanks. :)

Edited by Waltee
  • Like 1

On 2/2/2020 at 1:58 PM, ThatsTrivialTTV said:

Hey Kaphotics,

So let's pretend you're talking to someone who has no idea what they're doing. (Apart from PKHEX and CFW installing) that's really all I've got.

What do I require to Dump the distribution raids.

What do I then require to hex edit them and inject them again?

Can this be done on PKHEX? Or do I have to use PKNX

Can anyone supply screenshots on how this is done?

Would I then make multiple save files to switch in between the dens?

Look up Evaine on YouTube youll learn alot

On 6/30/2020 at 11:05 AM, Waltee said:

Not a problem, I appreciate you taking the time to reply all the same. I'll just keep trying to do what I'm trying doing to do, thanks. :)

Finally figured out how to do it. Made a really cool "hard as nails" boss for people in my stream to try and fight against, realised that as soon as I connect online the event den updates and gets rid of all that work. 

@theSLAYER is there another file that controls the OG dens that can also be used to edit all of those details of a raid that won't be wiped over as soon as I connect to the internet? 

59 minutes ago, Waltee said:

Finally figured out how to do it. Made a really cool "hard as nails" boss for people in my stream to try and fight against, realised that as soon as I connect online the event den updates and gets rid of all that work. 

@theSLAYER is there another file that controls the OG dens that can also be used to edit all of those details of a raid that won't be wiped over as soon as I connect to the internet? 

As previously mentioned in the thread, the Distribution (news) dens are updated whenever you communicate online, to ensure you're on the latest distribution data.

Only the ROM raids are permanently fixed. You have to edit the ROM to get permanent (and shareable) raids; not that I recommend connecting online with a modified ROM.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

As previously mentioned in the thread, the Distribution (news) dens are updated whenever you communicate online, to ensure you're on the latest distribution data.

Only the ROM raids are permanently fixed. You have to edit the ROM to get permanent (and shareable) raids; not that I recommend connecting online with a modified ROM.

I know how to edit the data for the normal in-game dens by using PKNX, but I can't find any information on how to edit the level of those pokémon in the raids which is the main thing that I need to do. Would you happen to know where the level data of raids would be stored in-game that I can look at editing? PKNX mentions that there's a level data table and gives the ID for that, but I can't find where that is actually stored so it doesn't help me necessarily.

I know that it's not recommended to take a modified rom online, but I'm willing to take the risk on my spare console to give my followers a fun challenge at a custom made raid boss. 

4 hours ago, Waltee said:

I know how to edit the data for the normal in-game dens by using PKNX, but I can't find any information on how to edit the level of those pokémon in the raids which is the main thing that I need to do. Would you happen to know where the level data of raids would be stored in-game that I can look at editing? PKNX mentions that there's a level data table and gives the ID for that, but I can't find where that is actually stored so it doesn't help me necessarily.

I know that it's not recommended to take a modified rom online, but I'm willing to take the risk on my spare console to give my followers a fun challenge at a custom made raid boss. 

Levels are fixed in the game code (based on stars); not sure where you'd have to change to get that.

• 1 year later...
On 2/2/2020 at 6:50 AM, Kaphotics said:

- Dump the distribution raids

- Hex edit the distribution raids

- inject the distribution raids

- make your raid dens use the distribution raids (event).

- enjoy

How to do that, i'm a newbie, pleeease tell me