Editing Raid Den Pokemon

ThatsTrivialTTV

7 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

oh that is so cool. Risky but cool.

While it is true that for the majority of people, it's very likely that the Nintendo Switch Online servers may flag their CFW console. However, GameFreak does not operate their own servers so there is 0 monitoring (let alone filtering) of the Stamps (excluding the Wild Area News version ID) and corresponding encounters.

The larger issue will be if they create new encounter locations for both Hosts and joinees for the new Dens in the expansions. (Which would result in all these caught mons being illegal... well, at least from the perspective of PKHeX.) Otherwise, if the game continues to use the exact same location of Another Player's Den for all new Dens in the expansions - these mons won't even appear as illegal in PKHeX.

Edited by AliceTheAlice
  • Like 1

On 2/2/2020 at 12:21 AM, theSLAYER said:

This way, you won't have to insert into your game simply to test if the file was right. Saves some time I hope.

Just waiting on a reader for the Rewards! ;)

I would absolutely love it if this is converted to a Plug-In for PKHeX! I asked for a similar too be considered for a feature update but Kurt indicated if no Plug-In is made.... I best not hold my breathe!

Anyways! This tool is fantastic for flash-backing old Wild Area News data into your save.

Unlike the encounters table file, the drop rewards is not fixed to specific number items for each and every Pokemon in the encounter table (the array size of the data block may even be the only limit but unlikely.) The perfect example of this is the New Year's Magikarp event where Magikarp rewards had more slots than the other Raids at the same level in the lower Star levels. However, it seems like it would be the best for narrowing down the structure as the rewards for Magikarp were pretty much just: Nuggets & Big Nuggets.

I assume the structure is: Header than a sub-array of items:

• Item ID | Drop Percentage

There is likely a header for each sub-array which serves as an ID value. I imagine this portion corresponds to the normal_encounters file!

Due to the cheats scene, these are the only Gen 8 hex values I know for items:

• Masterball | 01
  • Ultraball | 02
  • Greatball | 03
  • Pokeball | 04
  • Safari Ball | 05
  • Rare Candy | 32
  • PP Up | 33
  • Zinc | 34
  • PP Max | 35

If someone happens to have the item id values for Big Nugget and Nugget, it would be helpful.

Edited by AliceTheAlice
  • Like 1

image.png.e3cd1c12bcd8a701fffdc9fc0424834b.png

Definitely Nuggets! (The sequence repeats a lot... which is to be expected.)

Hex 19, 32, 4B correspond to 25, 50, 75 which likely tie into the percentages.

Furthermore, the first 3 pairs of Hex are all the same row with EVERY off set which suggests this is the ID for the normal_pokemon in some form or factor.

That's my best guestimate!

6 minutes ago, AliceTheAlice said:

image.png.e3cd1c12bcd8a701fffdc9fc0424834b.png

Definitely Nuggets! (The sequence repeats a lot... which is to be expected.)

Hex 19, 32, 4B correspond to 25, 50, 75 which likely tie into the percentages.

Furthermore, the first 3 pairs of Hex are all the same row with EVERY off set which suggests this is the ID for the normal_pokemon in some form or factor.

That's my best guestimate!

which file are you at?
It's weird how you get so many hits, when the sequence only hits twice for me
image.png

edit: you're at drop_rewards, I see it now.

5 minutes ago, AliceTheAlice said:

image.png.bb0b99b2f4a15c6ceaa2d502cfa0d152.png

This is the downloaded... drop rewards from the ProjP archived New Year's Magikarp.

(I can always check against my backed up save from this event period.)

Yeah, I edited my previous post.

Tho 98 entries doesn't seem realistic, right. Event dens, taking into account for each slot and each game version, only goes up to 60.

edit: Just realized it's not one nugget per slot. some slots get more..

image.thumb.png.1e84161516f8dec5324f2837ed47cdf0.png

The event download appears to match my Checkpoint back-up of my v1.0.0 save.

There are 2 Magikarp encounters per Raid level so 10 encounters each with drop rewards. Each of these 10 encounters yield 9 Nuggets! So, there's your first 90! In addition to this, the 4 Snorlax (only 1 not GMax) and Munchlax each yield a single Nugget as a reward. So, there's 95 of the 98 hits! (https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/maxraidbattles/eventden-newyears2020.shtml)

This number seems spot on cause there were bound to be a couple (in this case 3) incidental occurrences of "5C"

TR07 (71 04)
TR21 (7F 04)

Those TR's do not appear to be associated with the Rewards:

image.png.a9381497764c4ccd14fdd8e269e47265.png

The next logical TR to search for is TR19 (Tri Attack) [7D 04] since there are so many differences between the mons and rewards between the game versions. TR19 is gifted by the Munchlax and all 4 of the Snorlax.

Which there are 0 occurrences of... which we know is impossible UNLESS the listing that Bulbapedia is WRONG for the TRs Hex values which would explain why you found what appears to be TRs not found in this event data.

Off-topic: I noticed your reader for the Encounters doesn't show the Dynamax multiplier. Is that set by the Raid level?

Edited by AliceTheAlice

Once again, I am having issues with TRs. TR19 doesn't show up.

24 minutes ago, AliceTheAlice said:

Off-topic: I noticed your reader for the Encounters doesn't show the Dynamax multiplier. Is that set by the Raid level?

No clue, didn't bother looking for it.

I am highly under the impression that TR drops are not referenced by their Item Bag ID. 

You said you found TR 7 and TR 21 in the file BUT these are not actual rewards.
In Sword, the closet to match to TR21 are TR16, TR19, TR25, TR26, or TR29.

Now, if we add 5 to TR21 we get TR26 which is present.
Similarly, if we add 5 to TR7 we get TR12 which is ALSO present!!

So, if we subtract 5 from TR19 we should find the Item ID Value for TR14 (78 04)

While I am able to find plenty of 04 78 (there's no finders for the logical entry of 78 04):image.png.b3e37f661348b8e12921c547ff4bf223.png

I am at my limit of rational ideas. Hopefully someone can find this banter helpful in decoding this nonsense.

(I am curious to play around with mix-matching with different reward files paired with different encounter files later. I will likely see what happens when I replace those obvious Nuggets with something else. Replacing the identical 85 or so occurrences should ensure I can see results.)

The editing of the Rewards table is a bit to advance for me. (My attempts to do so created a bugged save. There were active Den Beams where accord to the save file there were none. (I am deleting my save and restoring a back-up from another Switch.)

Since then, I have tested just editing the Encounters Block. This works - partially. If you are on the current "Index #", the game reverts the Wild Area News immediately. I do not believe an update is being downloaded but rather that hidden Master Save (B... something) is restoring the data as an anti-cheat method. (I noticed this does not occur if you are on an older Index, however, only matching Indexes can see Stamps for the Invites.)

(I was wrong in the other thread about my assessment. It's entirely RAM editing required for online sharing of the altered Raids. This makes more sense what was popping up online. The cheats community has not publicly posted any editing for the GMax check - so - logically they were RAM editing a Promo Raid of a GMax mon which as a result was maintaining that quality. In all honesty, I do not see ANY data differences in PKHeX to indicate a mon came specifically from a Promoted Den vs an in-game Den. So, if people are RAM editing - it really doesn't matter.)

I can say this from my fiddling around - if there's a fault in the Rewards Block Data for a specific encounter - the game will not load that encounter (it randomly moves to the encounter before or after in the Encounters Block Data.) I attempted to edit all 80-something of the Nuggets to Master Balls. I wasn't able to make the Magikarp to appear. I edited 5 Dens to have active Promo Beams all set to it but it was a no go. It bounced to the next mon.

From your viewer for the Encounters Block Data, I assume that Index # is read from that data which likely means that the other Block Datas also have an ID/Index # associated with them so likely mixing and matching won't work.

Edited by AliceTheAlice

49 minutes ago, ThatsTrivialTTV said:

Hey! So I have the most updated PKHEX too Slayer.. You taught me to Hex edit the other day..

Can I do it with Toxicitry online yet or will it still error?

I don't know what you mean by "error". If the raids change when you go online, that's not an "error", that is simply the behavior of the game..

If you don't use the files from the event, but rather use any hex edited files, then it won't be able to be shared online.

If the file on the save does not match the checksum on the one used by the server, the server will forcibly change the raid.
It's rather simple really.

Hey mate.

So at the moment because the event is not live, it will always revert back? Or are we able to get it early?

11 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

I don't know what you mean by "error". If the raids change when you go online, that's not an "error", that is simply the behavior of the game..

If you don't use the files from the event, but rather use any hex edited files, then it won't be able to be shared online.

If the file on the save does not match the checksum on the one used by the server, the server will forcibly change the raid.
It's rather simple really.

9 minutes ago, ThatsTrivialTTV said:

Hey mate.

So at the moment because the event is not live, it will always revert back? Or are we able to get it early?

Like as said, as long as the file you have on the save is different from the file/checksum that the server uses, you won't be able to share the raid online.

So even if you can predict the slots the species will be in, and change the items rewards etc, and impossibly create a copy of the file that WOULD be used, as long as it's different from the one the server is currently having, the raid won't be sharable.

Look, if you want SHARABLE raids, either rely on RAM or ROM hacking. The file in the SAV would only ever be sharable if it's the same as the server, i.e no sharing edited files online.

Please read and learn what I've just said, thanks.  :)
Please understand that I feel frustrated; I've repeated these points a few times already, and it seems as though you're just glossing over them :(