Editing Raid Den Pokemon

ThatsTrivialTTV

4 minutes ago, ThatsTrivialTTV said:

Thanks for your assistance with everything.

I downloaded the normal_encount_offsets but then I open with HXD. Save it as aBin. Then I go to import it and it gives me this error:

image.png.8cd9ccfb20c5d208b9d8f821e5ad8c86.png

looks like you changed the size. Don't "Ctrl V" (paste insert)
Use Paste Write "Ctrl B".

[paste insert changes file sizes]

this:
image.png

Just now, theSLAYER said:

looks like you changed the size. Don't "Ctrl V" (paste insert)
Use Paste Write "Ctrl B".

[paste insert changes file sizes]

I didn't Control V or B?

All I did was download that excel doc.

Went into HxD. Open ---> normal_encount_offsets.xlsx

Save As normal_encount_offsets.bin

In PKHEX --> Import current Block --> error

I didn't Control V or B?

All I did was download that excel doc.

Went into HxD. Open ---> normal_encount_offsets.xlsx

Save As normal_encount_offsets.bin

In PKHEX --> Import current Block --> error

That's where you went wrong: you're not supposed to open the excel file in HxD

You're supposed to download one of the normal_encount file that we uploaded, or export the correct block from your save.
THEN use HxD to edit that file (the normal_encount or the one dumped). Based on the offsets from the excel spreadsheet.

The excel file just tell you what offsets/address the species are in the normal_encount file.

I understand you're learning from scratch, but when you asked me "how to dump the file from the block editor", I was under the impression you understood that you're supposed to edit that dumped file, hence why you're dumping it in the first place. (else for what purpose are you dumping that file for? :D )

yes, what you did above is correct. Meaning for events raids, the species in Shield 5* slot 6 gets replaced by Mewtwo, provided you import that file back into the save, and import that save back into the game.

10 minutes ago, ThatsTrivialTTV said:

When your tutorial said "get file here" it was the excel. I don't see where to download the bin file.

Unless you're referring to the steps above, I can assure you the tutorial I linked doesn't provide that excel file.
That excel file was created after I made the tutorial. Plus the excel file isn't even hosted on our forums. It's something I posted at the plugin's issue page.

Also, the steps in this thread said that the offsets can be found in the excel. Not the file you're supposed to use.

3 minutes ago, ThatsTrivialTTV said:

Okay so I have Sword.

So I have gone to 0X1268

image.png.89b8e16ebba730fe23304a9d7740224e.png

Have edited as discussed:

image.png.ab1c6d7881dc309cce039901393c14fa.png

So now saving. So all event 5 stars should now be this?

Erm, why is 00 96 in red. Shouldn't it be 96 00 instead? I can't tell if you edited the correct values, since you cropped out any indicators that it's the correct slot.
You can have other 5* slots to be any species :)

edit: based on what I vaguely recall from the file structure, you got the correct address, but typed in the wrong values.

3 minutes ago, ThatsTrivialTTV said:

Okay so I have put 96 00 in that box.

Now my game crashes. Doesn't even load.

I know for a fact that hex editing those values won't cause a crash:

I say dump a fresh unedited copy, and try editing those values again.

edit: While I didn't screenshot encountering it, I edited Mewtwo in yesterday and it defeated it:
image.png

I have Sword too. eh, why is your 96 not in the highlighted region?
If you have not realized, that address is where the species is supposed to lie. :D

You can dump a fresh file, and work backwards, to figure out what species should have been there.
Yet your Mewtwo value is outside of it...

Look, here's mine with a species written:
image.png

Try to figure out what species I have written there :)

2 minutes ago, ThatsTrivialTTV said:

Yep So I have just done that:

image.png.50c39d5b8d69ef76b148fa8abcdcde0f.png

For some reason it's still red when i put it in there.

yeah that's how HxD works. any new edits will be red until you saved.
(when I brought up red previously, I wasn't questioning why was it red, cause I know red = edited. I was questioning why did it appear that you edited it the wrong order)

also I'm guessing you missed my edit. Was challenging you to guess what species I had in my previous screenshot.

43 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

yeah that's how HxD works. any new edits will be red until you saved.

also I'm guessing you missed my edit. Was challenging you to guess what species I had in my previous screenshot.

Yeah... I am still trying to get my head around it.

So its 03 29

So 809? Melmetal

10 minutes ago, ThatsTrivialTTV said:

Yeah... I am still trying to get my head around it.

So its 03 29

So 809? Melmetal

Yup it was Melmetal! You remembered to account for the flipping! You're almost there. you now know the flipping, and to edit into the correct address.
Just gotta do them all right now, import the file, set the raid, save the save in PKHeX, and import into your game!

edit: If you want to know if you did it correct, can use this program I made:

This way, you won't have to insert into your game simply to test if the file was right. Saves some time I hope.

26 minutes ago, ThatsTrivialTTV said:

Okay so what I have done:
image.png.50c39d5b8d69ef76b148fa8abcdcde0f.png

Saved.

Imported on 1664.

Went to raids:

image.png.8e8190e2836717bf8f40ca877ad57767.png

Loaded game:

DONEEE!!

IT WORKED!~

Congrats! Also, assuming you missed my previous edit, I want to direct your attention to it. There's a program that can read the normal_encount bin, so you won't have to insert it and import the save just to test if it's right :)

Now you can freely modify any of the slots to any of the species, and enjoy your illegal Pokémon XD
It certainly is fun seeing them pop up. (tho do note I haven't figured out how to edit the rewards yet)

Also, I want to reiterate that you won't be able to host these raids, unless the other users have the exact same file. there's no way around it.

As mentioned earlier the only way to host modified raids to unmodded users is ROM hacking.

26 minutes ago, ThatsTrivialTTV said:

So because I'm a risky biscuit, it changed to Coalossal when I went online....

How do I keep it as a mewtwo den online?

That's how the game works. It's the same behavior for people who still had Delibird or Magikarp, and they experienced that when the server updated their file listing:
when they go online, the raid they wanted to host changed.

As I said many times up to now, that only way to have modified raids onlines, to share with unmodifed users, is ROM hacking.
Heck, I've said that many times in the first page. What you've been doing is SAV editing.

Damnit.

So the ROM editing will have to start my skills from scratch again.

GOD DAMNIT

I've repeatedly said

2 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

If you're not interested in sharing raids, and you just wanna do them (as in take part in raids, without sharing with others)

but I guess you didn't read that part.

In any case, Kaph already said:

2 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

pkNX already supports editing ROM raids. No need to hex edit.

Tho, that's provided you can get the updated pkNX to work. I don't know a lick of ROM editing SWSH, so someone else has to guide you, if you have any questions.

12 hours ago, ThatsTrivialTTV said:

Yeah all good.

Apparently this guy is claiming that it's 100% not a ROM edit. The ChaosPKM guy who's running constant online raids.

So Unsure what else it could be

If it’s not a ROM edit then what is it, a SAV edit? RAM hacks? Did he ever elaborate?
As far as I can tell, even fixing the checksums for the files doesn’t fix it as well. I can’t even host either of the event locally.

Reasons why these people cannot be performing SAV edits, at the very least:
1. For the one I taught you, we know the game doesn't let other users receive it, unless they are using the same file.

2. For screenshots of these "hosts" that I've seen, have all been gold background 5*. That cannot be achieved with save hacking. (Dynamax crystal is gold background, but only one star. Event raids can up to 5 stars, but only red background.)

3. Common and rare dens alike, the species "isn't saved in the save". All that is saved is "randroll" (a value from 1 to 100), so no matter how you edit the randroll, you can't force an outside den species to spawn.

Thus, at the very least, what you see are not SAV edits.
Perhaps he doesn't want to say "ROM edits" so that his channel gets penalized, or maybe he is using "RAM edits". With the reasons above, can't see why it's SAV edits (if he claimed so).

The coming Dynamax Crystal for Butterfree is a 3 Star Raid.

ROM editing is NOT the only way to achieve this with CFW. Cheat Codes achieve the same affect. (Minus the community still has not seem to find the GMax encounter flag.) The Raid will look funky if there's AI Trainers as the current codes out there simply to influence both the Raid mon as well as the AI's mons.

26 minutes ago, AliceTheAlice said:

The coming Dynamax Crystal for Butterfree is a 3 Star Raid.

ROM editing is NOT the only way to achieve this with CFW. Cheat Codes achieve the same affect. (Minus the community still has not seem to find the GMax encounter flag.) The Raid will look funky if there's AI Trainers as the current codes out there simply to influence both the Raid mon as well as the AI's mons.

With RAM editing (cheat codes) being used on the raids, can this raid be shared online?