Editing Raid Den Pokemon

ThatsTrivialTTV

Hi team,

So recently we have had an outbreak of people hosting loads of new legendary dens online.

I personally caught a Verizion and Mewtwo an hour ago.

I was wondering... Can someone provide me a step by step process on how to edit the pokemon inside the den to the illegal ones?

I use PKHEX and create all the dens I want at the moment, but how to turn one into a Mewtwo? Or a Squirtle?

1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

I think almost the start of December someone did a ROM hack and shared their Squirtle to viewers, and that person nor the viewers got banned.

Tho is this issue persists, they may ban the various hosts.who knows really :/

Could you walk me through it? Or do you know someone who can?

When I previously used pkNX, I used it to hack LGPE. Not sure if it's been updated for SWSH (haven't performed ROM hacks for SWSH).

Anyway no need to bump this thread. If anyone knows, and they come across this thread, they'll probably help you.

edit:

7 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

- Dump the distribution raids

- Hex edit the distribution raids

- inject the distribution raids

- make your raid dens use the distribution raids (event).

- enjoy

while this is true for SAV editing event raids, these won't be able to be shared online via hosting.

Anyhow, hosting illegal raids and catching them is probably a bad idea...
(Plus, it's not like what you catch would be legal anyway...)

6 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

- Dump the distribution raids

- Hex edit the distribution raids

- inject the distribution raids

- make your raid dens use the distribution raids (event).

- enjoy

Hey Kaphotics,

So let's pretend you're talking to someone who has no idea what they're doing. (Apart from PKHEX and CFW installing) that's really all I've got.

What do I require to Dump the distribution raids.

What do I then require to hex edit them and inject them again?

Can this be done on PKHEX? Or do I have to use PKNX

Can anyone supply screenshots on how this is done?

Would I then make multiple save files to switch in between the dens?

If you're not interested in sharing raids, and you just wanna do them (as in take part in raids, without sharing with others):
(remember: you did start off the thread talking about how they were shared online)

0. Keep a safe backup of the unedited save on your computer.
1. Use PKHeX export the event raids (or use the raid files), using it's block editor. Follow this tutorial on how to export/import them, and the block key and corresponding file data is on this page.
2. Hex edit the raid files. The offsets should be as per this file. Don't forget to account for endianness
3. Use PKHeX to import the edited files, using the block editor (as per above), save the save, import it into your game.
4. Profit.

3 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

If you're not interested in sharing raids, and you just wanna do them:
(remember: you did start off the thread talking about how they were shared online)

1. Use PKHeX export the event raids (or use the raid files), using it's block editor. Follow this tutorial on how to export/import them, and the offsets are based on this page.
2. Hex edit the raid files. The offsets should be as per this file. Don't forget to account for endianness
3. Use PKHeX to import the edited files, using the block editor (as per above), save the save, import it into your game.
4. Profit.

Okay that actually looks pretty basic to do, if all it is, is importing the normal_encount_offsets file.

Where would I find the code for say DarkRai or Mewtwo and where in that normal_encount_offsets folder would I put it?

Yeah that part still confuses me sorry. We are almost there!

For Example...

Let's say I want a Shiny 6IV Mewtwo HA Den.

National ID is 150 right?

Steps to convert to hexadecimal...

Then where in that document?

Sorry that I need to be baby stepped through this. Once I get it, I'll get it though! haha

Just now, ThatsTrivialTTV said:

Yeah that part still confuses me sorry. We are almost there!

For Example...

Let's say I want a Shiny 6IV Mewtwo HA Den.

National ID is 150 right?

Steps to convert to hexadecimal...

Then where in that document?

Sorry that I need to be baby stepped through this. Once I get it, I'll get it though! haha

Literally google for a decimal to hexadecimal converter.
Alternatively use your calculator that is preinstalled on your computer, switch to Programmer mode, and it is right there.
image.png

The offsets are in the document.
image.png

Maybe you don't understand the word "offset" when it comes to editing. Location? Address?

Do you know what is hex editing?

15 minutes ago, ThatsTrivialTTV said:

Yeah this will be the first time I have hex edited.

I have looked and converted National ID 150

image.png.9aa7f836e344ec42fc44be560a4737e3.png

So regarding the chance.. It'd be an event beam 100% right?

Sorry. Slowly getting there.

Let me walk you step by step alright? :)

Let's say that something is a Jangmo-o.
National ID is 782 -> hex 0x30E
image.png

Now, to account for "endianness": To write it into the file, you gotta change the order, front two become back two, vice versa. thus, what you write into the file is "0E 03"

So likewise, when you write the mewtwo into the file, it would be "96 00".

Now, how to guarantee event raid? After you import the file using PKHeX, open the raid editor, and set these values for the den, as per this page.
Specifically:
image.png

Anyway the updated Plugin will tell what you are going to encounter, provided you edited the file correctly, and imported said file
image.png

Going back to what I sent you
image.png

These are addresses. locations.
So for example, 5* raid for Shield slot 6, the species is located at 0x00E8.

Now go to 0x00E8 on the file.
image.png'image.png

Row: 0xE0
Col: 0x08
Thus, that address is 0xE8

As you can see, I highlighted the block that the species value would have gone into.
[as we know, and I demonstrated earlier, species value takes up 2 bytes. Those are the two bytes]
Does that make sense to you? :3

(in case you're curious, the hex editor I'm using is called HxD. It's free)

5 minutes ago, ThatsTrivialTTV said:

Any chance we can talk on discord or something? It would be far easier with a voice guiding me through haha

sorry, no, I don't do voice chat. And also, everything has been laid out for you already.
I've explained dec->hex conversion, account for endianness, how to ensure the raid is an event raid, how to interpret the offset and what does it means.

Honestly, at this point all you got to do is refer back to the outline either Kaph or I wrote for you, then when you don't know how those steps work, follow the expanded versions as given to you.

I've already taught you how to interpret the addresses, and all you gotta do now is edit the values in those addresses. Any other questions? :)

3 minutes ago, ThatsTrivialTTV said:

So to edit those blocks, I download and use HxD.

So in order to gain access to it, I Export which box?

image.png.273be0e1f565905337b7615ee770f18f.png

Follow the tutorial as I provided in step 1.

It explains how the export the correct current block

1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

If you're not interested in sharing raids, and you just wanna do them (as in take part in raids, without sharing with others):

1. Use PKHeX export the event raids (or use the raid files), using it's block editor. Follow this tutorial on how to export/import them, and the block key and corresponding file data is on this page.
4. Profit.