Gen 8 Specific Edits: Block Editing

PKHeX is now able to edit parts of the save, known as save blocks. It allows users to export and import various save blocks.

Here's a tutorial on how to get it done.

Steps
0. Keep a safe backup of your unedited save, somewhere on your computer. We're not liable if this results in a corrupted save.

1. Make sure you redownloaded and use the latest PKHeX. (Initial version with this feature caused corruption. Additionally, older copies do not have the feature)

2. Load the target save in PKHeX.
image.png

3. Now, click on SAV on the tabs.
image.png

4. Now, click on the button Block Data
image.png

5. Another window should open up.
image.png

6. Scroll through the dropdown list at Block Key:.

For this example, I'll be importing the file normal_encount into *Object KNormalEncount (Original quote below, can be found here)

On 1/29/2020 at 9:02 AM, theSLAYER said:

*Object KNormalEncount is for normal_encount

Since I'm importing into *Object KNormalEncount, that is what my screenshot shows.
image.png

7. Now that Block Key: is showing the correct value, select Import Current Block.
image.png

8. A window should pop-up. Select the correct file to import, then select Open.
In my case, I'm importing the file normal_encount.
image.png

9. Now that the file has been imported, close only the first window
image.png

10. Then, proceed to File > Export SAV... > Export main
image.png

11. Now close PKHeX. If you want to make sure the new save file is not corrupted, reopen PKHeX and try to load the save.

Spoiler

As you can see, the save file loads
image.png

In block data, you can also see it is updated to show an Index 09 file.
At time of writing, PKHeX only updates that box when the Block Data box is closed and reopened
image.png

12. You're done. Now reimport the save into your Switch to observe the effects.

Note: As of v.1.2.0 of the game, they added a new file called normal_encount_rigel1,
which I've been told is required for wild area events to work.
For wild area events Index 24 and lesser, simply also import normal_encount into knormalencountrigel1.
This means normal_encount is imported into two block IDs, being knormalencount and knormalencountrigel1.

View full tutorial

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
2 minutes ago, Sharcho said:

i imported all the 4blocks and nothing happen.

If you imported the four blocks correctly, then just keep wishing pieces until it happens. Alternatively, use PKHeX’s raid button to change the raid. 

either way, once the blocks are imported right, this has nothing to do with block editing..

This isn’t a thread dedicated to troubleshooting user issues with raids not appearing.

• theSLAYER locked this topic
  • 2 months later...

where can i edit the form of the pokemon in the hex values of normal_encount ? im already able to raid a normal eternatus but i just want to be able to capture eternamax eternatus without making the den into a gigantamax den so that it doesnt revert back into a regular eternatus after the raid.

• theSLAYER unlocked and locked this topic