PKHeX doesn't allow me to insert a FireRed save file

BigChickenMan

I apologise if this is the wrong place to post this. I have been using PKHeX for around 7 or 8 months and this error (the following) has never come up unless I accidentally clicked on the ROM rather than the save file:

Attempted to load an unsupported file type/size. This could be caused by loading a different generation Pokemon file on an unsupported generation or your file is corrupt.

File loaded: *scrubbed*/Pokemon FireRed Version (USA).sav

File size: 65536 bytes

The size is 64 kb which is definitely small enough to be a save file and to be recognised by PKHeX. As it says above my file type is a .sav, which is the default save type. Unless my file type is corrupt? I'm not exactly sure...

In case it is required, my emulator is VisualBoyAdvance and I have edited save files from this emulator before. I hope this can be fixed.

Thanks in advance.

||--unnecessary double post merged--||

If necessary I am willing to play FireRed DS version. It's just that I would rather play the original with the fast forward function.

This is the 'corrupt' file.

Pokemon - FireRed Version (USA).sav

Sorry for double-posting (again), but just thought that I would mention that I'm not having the same issue on PKHeX with any other of my save files? I'm able to edit my OR/AS, X/Y, S/M, US/UM, Pokemon B2W2, Pokemon Platinum and Pokemon HeartGold save files. As well as FireRed DS version. These are all saved in .sav formats. Thanks.

Thanks for your help, I will try to resolve this issue soon, but why isn't the save data valid? 

Double-posting is just in my nature, once again I apologise, I always have second thoughts on something, haha. Changing the save file to Flash 128K worked. Thank you for helping me resolve this issue.