[Resolved] Input file is too large ...

Daimoshkaahl

3 minutes ago, nicosop said:

the backup file is corrupted.

1. Delete the backup from your folder.
2. have a copy of main in the folder
3. rename the copy of main to backup.
4. make sure the poke_trade file (you can get it from one of your other folders) is ALSO in that folder.

5. This is what your folder should look like:
image.png

1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

the backup file is corrupted.

1. Delete the backup from your folder.
2. have a copy of main in the folder
3. rename the copy of main to backup.
4. make sure the poke_trade file (you can get it from one of your other folders) is ALSO in that folder.

Where can I find poke_trade?

Just now, nicosop said:

I've not poke_trade file

I made an error in my previous post. It was supposed to be " then just restore a folder with a working backup and main "

So just restore a folder with a working copy of both files, then let me know how it goes.

3 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

I made an error in my previous post. It was supposed to be " then just restore a folder with a working backup and main "

So just restore a folder with a working copy of both files, then let me know how it goes.

If I restore with Checkpoint a folder that contains a working main and a working backup file, I can't play

After i restored it, main and backup can't be opened using PkHex

Edited by nicosop

8 minutes ago, nicosop said:

If I restore with Checkpoint a folder that contains a working main and a working backup file, I can't play

Is the based on the previous restore, or one you just did?
Cause based on the previous example the backup was corrupted.

because I just restored only a copy that is main and backup, and it works.
7D6EC078-9CAA-4189-BD35-43325F8BA4D9.jpeg

4 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Is the based on the previous restore, or one you just did? Cause based on the previous example the backup was corrupted.

because I just restored only a copy that is main and backup, and it works.

I'll explain what I did:

I used the working main file, I copied it in the empty Pokemon Sword folder and I renamed it "backup";

I copied another time the main file;

I restored the folder with Checkpoint, but I can't play.

After this, I opened another time previous backup and main file with PkHex and I've got an error message, since the file is too large.

I've not any poke_trade file

Edited by nicosop

It's not related to the existence of a poke_trade file.
I loaded your main (and a copy of the main renamed as backup), with a poke_trade and it works fine.

Look, my previous post has a screenshot that has your trainer card.

Make sure you have the latest Checkpoint, make sure both main and backup aren't corrupted, then try again to restore.

If it continues to not work, go into settings for your Switch, delete the save file, play Sword again and save as early as you can, then try to restore the save after that.

I loaded your main (and a copy of the main renamed as backup), and it works fine.

Make sure you have the latest Checkpoint, make sure both main and backup aren't corrupted, then try again to restore.

If it continues to not work, go into settings for your Switch, delete the save file, play Sword again and save as early as you can, then try to restore the save after that.

I loaded my main too and it works, but if I restore with checkpoint it doesn't work.

Anyway, I'll try another time.

14 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

I loaded your main (and a copy of the main renamed as backup), with a poke_trade and it works fine.

It doesn't work and I don't know why

Make sure Checkpoint is up to date, make sure the update for Sword is installed.
Make sure you restored the correct folder back into your game.

Checkpoint is the last version, Pokemon Swords have not avable upgrades and the folder is only one