Play online safely using Pkhex

italoarcos

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2020 at 11:22 AM, italoarcos said:

What's the best way to play online safely using Pkhex? Thanks for your attention! 

What I do is run atmosphere for 9.1.0 and change over to customer firmware.  Then I'll run a backup in Checkpoint and then use FTPD to transfer the save to my PC and use PkHex to make changes.  Finally I run Checkpoint again and Restore the changes to my Switch save.  I open up Sword/Shield and double check everything took effect,  Once I know that my changes are in game, then I'm done.  I turn my Switch off.  Not asleep, not a restart, OFF.  While it's off I put back all my stuff I needed to run atmosphere (USB-C cable, jig, etc).  Then I turn it back on, I go to Settings and double check I'm back on stock firmware 9.1.0.  Then I'm safe to get into the game and go online.  Hope that helps.

• Hahaha 1

On 2/2/2020 at 9:19 PM, richmFTW said:

What I do is run atmosphere for 9.1.0 and change over to customer firmware.  Then I'll run a backup in Checkpoint and then use FTPD to transfer the save to my PC and use PkHex to make changes.  Finally I run Checkpoint again and Restore the changes to my Switch save.  I open up Sword/Shield and double check everything took effect,  Once I know that my changes are in game, then I'm done.  I turn my Switch off.  Not asleep, not a restart, OFF.  While it's off I put back all my stuff I needed to run atmosphere (USB-C cable, jig, etc).  Then I turn it back on, I go to Settings and double check I'm back on stock firmware 9.1.0.  Then I'm safe to get into the game and go online.  Hope that helps.

Running cfw and any homebrew on sysNAND is not safe at all

Edited by arti
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, richmFTW said:

doing it that way I have been fine.  been doing it almost every day for months.

eh youre probs going to  100% guaranteed will  be banned eventually, I did the same thing for almost a year and they eventually got me. go emunand if youre not already. also buy another switch and use one for online stuff and one for cfw

Edited by wo0ts
  • Like 1

i do all my editing (all passed legal check in pkhex) on my airplane mode sysnand then use checkpoint to move the edited save, then reboot to ofw and voila more shinies for me... been doing it for 3 months now and never had any issues at all.  

B19D50DC-9DA6-4C05-9107-876BA0AC126C.jpeg

On 2/7/2020 at 12:29 PM, wo0ts said:

eh youre probs going to  100% guaranteed will  be banned eventually, I did the same thing for almost a year and they eventually got me. go emunand if youre not already. also buy another switch and use one for online stuff and one for cfw

Wait so what sorts of stuff do you use your CFW for? Just PKHex and pkm or other CFW features as well?

6 hours ago, official7ri said:

Wait so what sorts of stuff do you use your CFW for? Just PKHex and pkm or other CFW features as well?

I'd say 90% of my pre-ban CFW time,  my switch was either dead or in airplane mode. other than that I used it for a GBA emulator. I was banned the week before SW/SH came out after leaving the switch completely powered off for over a month.

I didn't set up an emunand so N could still detect my modified sysnand the few times I was online. Even when I was on OFW

So...

My console was bannes yesterday.

Im buying another tomorrow so I can play online again.

Does anyone know if I can SAFELY trade pokemon from my banned switch via local trade to my new unbanned switch?

If so, would it make a difference if the traded pokemon are from a free copy of shield on cfw trading to my legit copy of sword on my new ofw switch?

9 minutes ago, Mishimeow said:

So...

Does anyone know if I can SAFELY trade pokemon from my banned switch via local trade to my new unbanned switch?

If so, would it make a difference if the traded pokemon are from a free copy of shield on cfw trading to my legit copy of sword on my new ofw switch?

yes you can

and no it wouldn't

On 2/12/2020 at 8:07 AM, Mishimeow said:

So...

out of curiosity, what exactly did you do on your cfw switch? surely it wasnt just pokemon save file editing? 

2 minutes ago, baumaffe said:

Another question. I can’t select my pkhex team (pkhex said legal) for the ranked battles. Is there a way to fix this?

i traded them from my usum file to bank and home then sword.

and could I get banned for this? 

Ranked only allows Galar bred Pokemon to compete. You will need to either breed them in Galar or edit their met data.

8 minutes ago, ICanSnake said:

Ranked only allows Galar bred Pokemon to compete. You will need to either breed them in Galar or edit their met data.

Ah thank you!

Damn that means I can’t use these Pokemon. My switch is not hacked and I’m only using the 3ds right now 

On 2/18/2020 at 6:57 PM, Mishimeow said:

A lot

I just thought I'd check if there was something specific I need to avoid besides checking for illegality flags

That might be why your console got banned. Extracting save file might be considered as low impact but restoring file possesses a risk (could be low or high depending on what you modify). Any other forms of piracy, custom themes, illegal software, etc. are extremely risky if you go online.

• Like 1