Pokemon Platinum Editing Trainer's pokemon nature?

kloud

Anyone know how to Hex edit the natures of certain trainer's pokemon, like let's say cynthia? If so how, cause I am only seeing the pokemon, the level, and the attacks that belong to her in the hex editor? Or maybe I am missing something? I tried using some trainer editors like PPTE but they have everything but the nature part of the pokemon. I only ask cause renegade platinum by drayano has trainers and their pokemon natures, so there must be a way. Also if you find it screenshots pls

-Thx

I believe gen every generation before gen 6 didn't give trainers natures or even EV's. What you can do in replace of this is to simply give the Pokemon slightly higher IV's. It won't change the stat you are going for but instead it will raise every stat. it should be an alright replacement

• 1 month later...

In PPRE, you have a hex value (0-255) for each trainer pokemon.

The value there mostly corresponds to IVs (255 = 31 IV across the board for example) but the nature of the Pokémon is set by some combination of the IVs, level, species.

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. It's likely to be linked with the Pokémon PID but not sure about this.

So yeah, it's just trial-and-error, changing the number each time and catching the Pokémon with an AR code to check its nature. Very tedious stuff sadly, but there's no specific way to set the nature.

That's more or less what Dray told me when I asked him.

What to do then is setting a NPC in Overworld, with a script throwing the trainer battle you want to edit and then working on trainer nature with AR-Codes (catch trainers' pokemon + 100% catch-rate).