Editing Gym Badges For SwSh

demha89

While PKHeX presently don't support badge editing, the upcoming release that allows the importing and exporting of save blocks should help.

Tho note, event flags might be affected; you can import the badges, but without the event flag being set or unset, you may not be able to progress the story.

52 minutes ago, demha89 said:

I didnt understand what you mean by event flags, can you explain more if possible? 

Let’s use a little example.

For example, a NPC blocks your way until you get a badge.

what happens when you defeat the gym leader is:

a. You receive the badge

b. The event that the NPC was blocking your way (let’s say the event was “set”) became “unset”.

Meaning, the game doesn’t check whether you have the badge and then proceeds to place the trainer there. Rather, the game simply removes the NPC from blocking your way when you acquire the badge normally.

So, if you were to acquire the badge abnormally (such as via hacking it in), because you didn’t actually defeat the gym leader, the NPC will still be blocking your way.

It doesn’t just apply a NPC blocking your progress, but it occurs with a variety of stuff, such as when an NPC is suppose to appear, legendary subquest etc.

58 minutes ago, demha89 said:

ALso, any idea when the update is coming? 

No clue. It is released when it’s released.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Not sure if this is correct place to ask, but can this be done yet? I really hate not being able to catch high level pokemon...i'm fine with "not controlling them" like it was in older games, that for me is enough "balance" buy flat out not being able to capture them until you've gotten certain badges is really annoying. I'd like the restriction removed completely to be honest so it's just back to the old "xxx won't obey!" mechanic.