Runerigus (unexplained) number editor?

Irina

While randomly looking through my mons on PKHeX and Runerigus out of all of them, I noticed a number editor for this mon (not sure if others have this; I have not checked all mons; but, from the ones I've checked, they don't). The number starts from 0 and goes all the way up to 319. Can someone please explain to me  what this number editor is used for?

Moist.png

27 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Maybe it is some kind of damage counter? (Using this issue as reference)

The one I caught in raid has 0 on it. I'm guessing yours caught in a raid too.

Hmm, interesting. Mine was caught as a Yamask and evolved manually.

Just now, theSLAYER said:

then it shouldn't be 0, but rather 49+ right?

Has that Runerigus been modified before? Maybe I should test it out too. ><

It was initially caught as a Yamask on route 6 and yes, it has been modified (stats) before on PKHeX on an older version. However, on the current version, it is showing up as legal.

Just now, Irina said:

It was initially caught as a Yamask on route 6 and yes, it has been modified (stats) before on PKHeX on an older version. However, on the current version, it is showing up as legal.

could be because it's modified. Apparently, if you try to write any non-zero in that number editor and then slot, the editor goes back to zero. That issue seems to say that too.
maybe a freshly evolved one will have other values in that number editor.

1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

could be because it's modified. Apparently, if you try to write any non-zero in that number editor and then slot, the editor goes back to zero. That issue seems to say that too.
maybe a freshly evolved one will have other values in that number editor.

I will try now and get back to you!

image.png

Yup, just evolved a Yamask (that I caught in the wild) with 64 damage done to it (had 9/73 HP), and indeed the dropdown box shows 64.

(Also I tried to give EXP candy to a fainted Yamask, as a way to revive it, then went below the stone structure, but that didn't evolve it)

2 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

image.png

Yup, just evolved a Yamask (that I caught in the wild) with 64 damage done to it (had 9/73 HP), and indeed the dropdown box shows 64.

(Also I tried to give EXP candy to a Knocked out a fainted Yamask, as a way to revive it, then went below the stone structure, but that didn't evolve it)

Glad you were able to get it to work. I had mine with focus sash and down to 1HP and traveled under that bridge and for some reason mine wasn't evolving.
So that number represents how much damage it took prior to evolving?

Just now, Irina said:

Glad you were able to get it to work. I had mine with focus sash and down to 1HP and traveled under that bridge and for some reason mine wasn't evolving.
So that number represents how much damage it took prior to evolving?

wow that was smart. I would have been convinced that the focus sash plan would work too.

yeah, they probably have a separate counter purely for damage received, to get around people who would use items to revive it etc.

20 minutes ago, N4styPlot said:

I am also curious as to what that number means I have seen it a couple times and only on certain Pokémon 

Really? On what other mons have you seen the number editor? So far, I was only able to identify on Runerigus.
@theSLAYER thank you for experimenting this with me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

It's there for Alcremie (topping), and Furfrou/Hoopa forms (days remaining until revert).

The value is used in different ways for different species, hence the ambiguous lack of a label. It's still related to form.

Oh, yes. I have noticed that placeholder for Alcremie before; but, for Alcremie it is made more clear with form listing (not in numbers). I was just confused about Runerigus' number editor. I haven't checked for other games (only Sw/Sh), so perhaps @N4styPlot is referring to other games?

• 9 months later...
38 minutes ago, VasKi said:

can u please give me runeriges from my yamask i am not abmainle to do

It appears that when Galarian Yamask is changed to Runerigus the drop down to set its form doesn't initially appear. To fix this you need to set Runerigus to a spot on your save then view it again for the form drop down to appear. Then you just need to set the form to 49. Anyway here is the Runerigus. 

867 ★ - Darius - 70B400000000.pk8