Pokemon Platinum Shift Battle Style?

54 minutes ago, Aurum said:

The options menu allows you to switch between Shift and Set battle styles. No need for any hacks.

This is for a rom hack. I don't want to give people the option to a shift battle style. Its a hard hack BTW not for my own personal use. Do you have any ideas on the address location for this and what value i would need to set it to?

Edited by kloud

0x00000064 of the referenced save block.
6th bit (with the right most bit being the 0th), 0 is Shift, 1 is Set.

[also, I don't see how this info can be derived from the disassembly; I did a simple before and after save, and did a hex-comparison of the saves]

4 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

0x00000064 of the referenced save block.
6th bit (with the right most bit being the 0th), 0 is Shift, 1 is Set.

[also, I don't see how this info can be derived from the disassembly; I did a simple before and after save, and did a hex-comparison of the saves]

Um since that's based on a sav file does that mean I can't change this value in the actual rom file, when I open it in the hex editor?

I was also thinking of giving ONLY the E4 shiny pokemon but not sure where to start, since I don't see a value for it under that trainer's pokemon (there are only values for the pokemon, lv, attack and held item). Do you have any ideas how to go about this?

And thank you for your help so far :)

Edited by kloud

52 minutes ago, kloud said:

Um since that's based on a sav file does that mean I can't change this value in the actual rom file, when I open it in the hex editor?

I was also thinking of giving ONLY the E4 shiny pokemon but not sure where to start, since I don't see a value for it under that trainer's pokemon (there are only values for the pokemon, lv, attack and held item). Do you have any ideas how to go about this?

And thank you for your help so far :)

hmm probably somewhere in the ROM too. you just to find out how to write that value.
Or alternatively, bundle your game with a must use sav, and figure out how to turn off that option for the game.