Hidden Ability Recognition / Modding

choatix

I've heard mention of Hidden Ability Trapinch being available via a Flygon with the HA Flag set, even though it does not have a hidden ability.

Is the hidden ability flag set for arbitary pokemon in raids where the flag is possible? For example, would the flag be set for Vikavolt, or Hydregion? And most importantly, can it be set on Shedinja, who's prevolutions have a hidden ability, but not itself.

While hidden ability Trapinch is flagged as possible, I don't think that's accurate; from the 3 dens that were on Serebii, Flygon family cannot have the HA.

edit: Looks like Serebii presets any Pokémon that has no HA to "Standard" on their site regarding Max raids.
Additionally, looks like Leanny's plugin does the same thing too (when using Flygon on Raid calculator, only showed Ability 1 & 2)

Thus, I calculated the seed based on a Dragapult having HA, but swapped the randroll to Flygon.
The result: The Flygon has HA. The encounter I used was 5 stars at Rolling Fields 2.
image.png

(and file 330 ★ - Flygon - A4733D2FF7D2.pk8)

In any case, PKHeX handles flagging the abilities just fine. And the game does indeed generate mons with HA, even if the ability is the same as standard ability.

For reference, I was using 'https://pokedens.github.io/' which is clearly incorrect.

However, using Kaphotic's pastebin data, it appears Shield can have Hidden Ability Flygon, but not Sword. Likewise, it is indeed not possible for Shedinja to have its hidden ability in this games, confirming that. Are you aware of any other pokemon which can have their hidden ability flag enabled in Sword/Shield which has no effect? Is there a full, correct data set out there, after all a lot of data on said pastebin marks Hiddens I've never found.

Edit: Looking at the src of the plugin you mentioned, I'm seeing what I believe to be HA capabilities (HA marked as 4) in the tables, which implies available, including Shedinja. Is it potentially a seed related issue?

Edited by choatix

43 minutes ago, choatix said:

For reference, I was using 'https://pokedens.github.io/' which is clearly incorrect.

maybe it updated in this past 42 mins? It clearly shows that in Pokemon Sword, it's common light and hidden ability encounter...

Spoiler

image.png

using Kaphotic's pastebin data, it appears Shield can have Hidden Ability Flygon, but not Sword

Unsure if his data is inaccurate, or you read it inaccurately, but I caught that Flygon (the one I linked in an earlier post) in Sword.

Are you aware of any other pokemon which can have their hidden ability flag enabled in Sword/Shield which has no effect? Is there a full, correct data set out there, after all a lot of data on said pastebin marks Hiddens I've never found.

no and no.

Looking at the src of the plugin you mentioned, I'm seeing what I believe to be HA capabilities (HA marked as 4) in the tables, which implies available, including Shedinja.

As for the plugin, Flygon is now showing Levitate (H) for me now. I believe I performed a update so the program now shows that when defining calculation.
(it previously didn't, as mentioned in an earlier post)

Spoiler

image:
image.png

Is it potentially a seed related issue?

Unsure what you're referring to. If you caught a mon that isn't HA when that slot can have HA, then yeah, obviously the seed you have doesn't generate an HA.
Throw another wishing piece into the den and try again.

Well, I was definitely getting confused. Data for pokedens seems correct and equivalent to the plugin's code. As for Kaphotic's data its very possible I'm reading it incorrectly, but the data has been interpreted elsewhere.

Besides, since this thread confirmed things for me, I've been able to find HA Nincada & HA Trapinch :)