Gen 8 Specific Edits: Encounter wanted Max Raid Pokémon

This tutorial is made with the presumption that you are capable of understanding and following simple steps.
While you may ask questions on details regarding the subject, you CANNOT ask on the how to inject/extract save file, how to install CFW etc.
There are other tutorials for that (and this tutorial presumes you already know those things)

Required items
1. PKHeX
2. able to extract and inject a modified SWSH save
3. A working internet browser (in case you wanna check what den has what mons, etc)
4. Latest version of Leanny's plugin

Steps
1. Load your game on your Switch, save in-game, then export the save with your favorite save manager.
2. Figure out what mon resides at (a) what physical den, and (b) what pool does it reside in. (Our page sorts them out by the physical dens, as listed in Leanny's plugin as well as PKHeX’s raid parameters. Also, you can fight Dens via here.)

In this case, I'll go for G-Butterfree. For (b), it can be found in the Rare Den.
image.png

Open the page where it can be found, and take note of the (c) stars and percentage chance.
image.png

3. Load the save into PKHeX

4. Open Leanny's Plugin (Tools>Display Raids), scroll to den found previously (a), then open Raid Calculator.
In my case, it's Rolling Fields 3.
image.png
You should see the seed in Den Search being the same seed as the one displayed on your Raid List.
If it is not the same seed, type in the seed value into Den Search.

5. Now, change the species, IVs and other stats as you deem fit. Once done, hit Search.
Once found, copy the Seed displayed.

In my case, I want Square Shiny Male G-Butterfree.
(Note: may take awhile to find the entry)
image.png

6. Exit Leanny's Plugin, with the same PKHeX window,  go to SAV > Raids.
Go to the (a), and paste the seed, as well as set the Dentype and flag (parameters based on this page)

For my case, it will be G-Butterfree.
So I scroll to Den 003, as found in (a).
I set Den Type to Rare, as it is a rare den
As per (c) I intend to fight it at 1 star, and it's noted to be 10% chance, and based on the page, it's the last 10% of 1 star on the page.
As such, randroll is 91 - 100 (last ten entries to 100), and star is 0 (for stars, it starts with 0th index, so it's intended -1)
image.png

I've drawn arrows at the values that needs to be changed.

Example on how randroll correlates to the percentages on serebii

Spoiler

As per the 1star example above:image.png

So basically:
1. total up all the percentages for that amount of stars
2. Draw a table
3. Arrange the species as per listed on the webpage
4. Write down the randroll as per what you listed.

6. Save the save in PKHeX, import it into your game.

7. Now find the den in your game. If you're lost, Leanny's plugin has a mini-map that can show where the den is.
image.png

8. Alas, at the physical den, is your encounter!
For my case, my 1 star square shiny male Butterfree is achieved!

Spoiler

1 (1).jpg1 (4).jpg1 (5).jpg1 (6).jpg1 (7).jpg1 (8).jpg1 (9).jpg

View full tutorial

• theSLAYER changed the title to Gen 8 Specific Edits: Encounter wanted Max Raid Pokémon
8 minutes ago, Javok said:

Hi, I'm trying to do this with an Hex edited savedata, i want the G-max toxtricity, i did exactly what you did an the den still empy, I dont know what i'm doing wrong xd, Dentype = 5 Flag = 2

you probably did not import all 4 of the event files.

• 6 months later...

Hi i have a question i tried to do an octillery den but after all i did that the pokemon who appeared was wishiwashi is there a way to reroll this shiny den into an octillery?

does this work only for specific pokemon or can you roll any other pokemon once you have a shiny den?

In order to roll species, you gotta be at least 3 frames before the shiny frame.

While the way the frame ascends is static, the species aren't static for frames > 3.

Is you saved on your shiny frame itself, you can't roll for the species.
It's the reason why I save 3 frames before my shiny frame. This way, I have a guaranteed shiny frame (in 3) and able to roll for species.

I mentioned it here: https://projectpokemon.org/tutorials/gameplay_150/max-raid-rng-manip/advancing-your-frames-r101/
(for purposes of advancing 3 days, I use the Invite Method)

• 3 weeks later...

if i used the raid calculator on pkhex it only shows that specific pokemon if i roll how many times i repeat it. how do i make it advance my shiny frame using pkhex so i can roll different pokemon? because with the seed in the raid calculator it only shows the specific pokemon right? or do i have to go through the skipping frames manually ?

3 hours ago, Noblordzz said:

if i used the raid calculator on pkhex it only shows that specific pokemon if i roll how many times i repeat it. how do i make it advance my shiny frame using pkhex so i can roll different pokemon? because with the seed in the raid calculator it only shows the specific pokemon right? or do i have to go through the skipping frames manually ?

Calculate a new seed. Then change the seed. Then save the progress in PKHeX. Then restore the save into your game.

• 1 month later...

I'm attempting to start to use this plugin, but I cannot figure out how to get PKHeX to load the plugin without crashing. Not sure if the latest PKHeX update and the latest Leanny's plugin are incompatible, or if I'm putting the plugin in the wrong place/directory

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 2/6/2020 at 4:14 PM, theSLAYER said:

you probably did not import all 4 of the event files.

Hello, I'm trying to do similar things, but I'm not sure if I've done it correctly to locate the correct den.  I imported 4 of the event files from Wild Area Event Index #007 (snorlax) to test it.  I stupidly scrolled through a few dens in the Den List and found it in Den4.  

Then I realize that this must be stupid method and the correct one should be doing editing in Raid Parameter Editor in Pkhex.  I picked a den randomly (Den 001) and changed the Den Type to Event and it seems to work. But in the Raid List it's 4 stars instead of 3 stars (i suppose it's about rareity) I dont know why they are different.

Did I do it correctly by only changing the Den Type to event?  And does it apply to every files listed in the Github of Wild Area Events Gallery?  Is there anything else I need to change?  I guess everything else (like, flags, Wishing Piece, IsRare etc) doesn't really matter because they are all controlled by the imported event block files?   

And how do I know if I picked a den location correctly (i.e. the correct met location)?  Does every den in the games have a chance of becoming Event Den spawning the event mons?

Edit1 :  I dont know what I've done wrong.  After copying the seed from the search result, den 1 returns me with a G-max Butterfree in the Raid List, instead of the G-max Snorlax I wanted.  I used this page to help me with the RandRoll (it should be 1 for 3 stars?): https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/maxraidbattles/eventden-december2019.shtml

Edit2: Forget my edit 1, I'm dumb.  Using that event page is 100% correct (at least I was smart to begin with).  Now I realize how to find the RandRoll correctly.  It should be 61-100 in my case.   It's kinda like puzzle solving lol.

Edited by stebrick

1 hour ago, stebrick said:

Then I realize that this must be stupid method and the correct one should be doing editing in Raid Parameter Editor in Pkhex.  I picked a den randomly (Den 001) and changed the Den Type to Event and it seems to work.

Yes, event raids can be anywhere in the appropriate Galar Subregion (Galar Mainland or IoA or CT, depending on where you imported the file into).

So you just need to set the Den type to Event at any den.

But in the Raid List it's 4 stars instead of 3 stars (i suppose it's about rareity) I dont know why they are different.

PKHeX uses 0 to 4 for Rarity (following the way the game sets the data), and it's used to represent 1 to 5.

Pretty sure I explained it in the guide as intended - 1. You do see that, right?

Did I do it correctly by only changing the Den Type to event?  And does it apply to every files listed in the Github of Wild Area Events Gallery?

Erm. To be clear. If you want an Event Raid to appear at your selected den, you need to select "Event".
If you want a common raid to appear at your selected den, you need to select "Common".
If you want a rare raid to appear at your selected den, you need to select "Rare".

I don't see how this leads to confusion. If you want a particular type of raid, you select what raid you want to encounter.
Common/Rare is limited to ROM raids that were preset by the game to appear at that den.
Event raids are limited to the subregion, and also data imported for wild area news. Meaning they'll not restricted to appear in only one den;
they can appear anywhere in the appropriate Galar Subregion (Galar Mainland or IoA or CT, depending on where you imported the file into).

And how do I know if I picked a den location correctly (i.e. the correct met location)?  Does every den in the games have a chance of becoming Event Den spawning the event mons?

For ROM dens, check resources online to make sure you're at the right den.
For raid dens, I've answered your question twice above.

• 1 year later...

The map that is used on plugin versus the map on github are labeled differently. Which one is correct? For example, on the map in github "Rolling Fields Den 1" which is cleffa, togepi, etc , while on the raid map it is listed as "Rolling Fields Den 6".

10 hours ago, dnyce13 said:

The map that is used on plugin versus the map on github are labeled differently. Which one is correct? For example, on the map in github "Rolling Fields Den 1" which is cleffa, togepi, etc , while on the raid map it is listed as "Rolling Fields Den 6".

Give it a try, let us know which it is.

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, SiergiejLS said:

If the dens looks legit (star, location, pokemon, stat wise) is it safe to go online?

Provided all you did was a save edit to change the den that shows up (and not a ROM edit to edit the contents of the dens itself), there isn't a known way to differentiate whether the den came from RNG or save edits. So it technically should be safe.

However, do note that it is all at your own risk.

7 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Provided all you did was a save edit to change the den that shows up (and not a ROM edit to edit the contents of the dens itself), there isn't a known way to differentiate whether the den came from RNG or save edits. So it technically should be safe.

However, do note that it is all at your own risk.

I wanna host one shiny den to my friend (he's missing one), not much to skip but yeah, wanted to help them. Arent they easy to determine (thats why there is raid calculator)? I always thought that are static values and it must match them. Is there a way to skip frames quickly (not day by day) to get it? That way, not injecting.

44 minutes ago, SiergiejLS said:

I wanna host one shiny den to my friend (he's missing one), not much to skip but yeah, wanted to help them. Arent they easy to determine (thats why there is raid calculator)? I always thought that are static values and it must match them. Is there a way to skip frames quickly (not day by day) to get it? That way, not injecting.

They’re easy to calculate from an initial seed.

However once you’ve advanced the frames, it’s not like the original seed is saved.

So one can’t tell the difference if you legitimately advanced to the current seed, or hacked the current seed.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...