Is it possible to see generated but not caught Shadow Pokemon in Colosseum/XD?

naninuneno

What the title says. I know that the stats/PID are calculated upon first encounter, and do not change if the Pokemon is not caught upon the first encounter. If that is the case, is it possible to see the stats/PID of these generated Shadow Pokemon in the save file? I tried PKHex and PkmGCSaveEditor, but could not find this information.

Any help is appreciated.

20 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Tried using Eligor?

That seems to be like RNGReporter but for Colosseum/XD. What I would like to do is read a Colosseum save file and look at the stats of Shadow Pokemon that have been generated (encountered) but not yet caught.

1 hour ago, naninuneno said:

That seems to be like RNGReporter but for Colosseum/XD. What I would like to do is read a Colosseum save file and look at the stats of Shadow Pokemon that have been generated (encountered) but not yet caught.

I don’t think what you’re asking for exists. The RNG seed may be stored in the save, or maybe the shadow Pokémon stats (once encountered) is stored in the save, but either way it appears no one has performed any research on where it is on the save, thus not implemented by PKHeX.

It is in fact possible to do this - download PkmGCSaveEditor, open your Colo/XD save file and click "Strategy Memo". This will show you the PID of each Pokemon when that Pokemon was first generated in your game.

Unfortunately this also includes non-Shadow Pokemon, and so if there is a case where you first encounter a non-Shadow version of a Pokemon before engaging in it's actual Shadow encounter, the game will record the PID of the non-Shadow one. However, these cases are pretty rare, so chances are you should be fine.

Let me know if you need any additional info / help!

• Like 1