Trainer number revert to original one when edit my trainer card

zombulu666

Hello, i've tried to modify my trainer number in pkhex , for the sword version, and it didn't work. 

First i edit it in the pkhex, then i transfer back my save and load it, look at my card and number was the same. 

I decided to print it back, it was the same number i used  to have. 

Then i saved and load back in game, and the number had change on the card to one i had chosen in the pkhex. 

So i tried to modify my card, as it doesn't look fancy at all, and didn't liked it, and i seen my old number showing. 

Anyway i decided to edit my card, now my card looks better but i have my old borind trainer number back on it. 

I tried to reprint it , and save load back in game like previously, but the number didn't change. 

Everytime i set  a new number in the pkhex it revert to older one if i reprint the card, hinting that the change isn't effective. 

Can someone help me please ?

Edited by zombulu666

3 hours ago, zombulu666 said:

Hello, i've tried to modify my trainer number in pkhex , for the sword version, and it didn't work. 

First i edit it in the pkhex, then i transfer back my save and load it, look at my card and number was the same. 

I decided to print it back, it was the same number i used  to have. 

Then i saved and load back in game, and the number had change on the card to one i had chosen in the pkhex. 

So i tried to modify my card, as it doesn't look fancy at all, and didn't liked it, and i seen my old number showing. 

Anyway i decided to edit my card, now my card looks better but i have my old borind trainer number back on it. 

I tried to reprint it , and save load back in game like previously, but the number didn't change. 

Everytime i set  a new number in the pkhex it revert to older one if i reprint the card, hinting that the change isn't effective. 

Ca someone help me please ?

@Kaphotics is this a thing?

also OP your thread has been seen. You can stop posting the same thread content over and over now.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2020 at 2:14 PM, zombulu666 said:

Ca someone help me please ?

It sounds like you didn't edit your main Trainer ID, too. I think the game will update with that one.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, zombulu666 said:

I should edit my trainer ID too ? 

Should i go for a random number then ? 

Yes you should edit your main to the number you want displayed.

Otherwise the game will naturally update with your main trainer ID whenever you make or update your card, and not keep your edited one.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, AcroBlade said:

Yes you should edit your main to the number you want displayed.

Otherwise the game will naturally update with your main trainer ID whenever you make or update your card, and not keep your edited one.

Ok, is there a way to determine the trainer id for a specific trainer number ?

Thanks a lot for the help 

9 minutes ago, AcroBlade said:

Like I said, it's only determined by your main Trainer ID.

Ok so i should fish for the right jersey number i want , by editing my trainer ID, if i understand.
Sorry i'm pretty new to all this 😁

Edited by zombulu666

23 minutes ago, zombulu666 said:

Ok so i should fish for the right jersey number i want , by editing my trainer ID, if i understand.
Sorry i'm pretty new to all this 😁

No, your 3-digit Uniform ID isn't tied to your Trainer ID and you should be able to edit it in Pkhex without any problems.

I tried it, and it revert to the original.

I have 001, try to edit it to be 410.

When i load it's still my 001.

If i reprint my card it shows 410.

But if i edit it again the card with 410 it revert to 001.

Edited by zombulu666

Yes sir. I did exactly this after editing again the number.

I had put back my save on computer, launch it through pkhex.

Saw my trainer number was reverted to 001.

Change it to 410 as i did previously.

Saved, then proceed to inject save back via checkpoint.

In game i opened my card, seen my old 001, reprinted the card.

Then i save the game, closed it and boot it again.

Card shows 410, i tried to edit my to check if the change was durable.

Saw 001 back again during editing.

Proceed to print the New edited card.

Then save, and reload to see that number was still 001.

I put the save back in pkhex and it shows 001.

It was with the version of december, not the latest one from today.

I'll give it a try when i Can update the game on emunand.

EDIT: i give it a try in 1.0 with the last update of pkhex and it seems like the jersey number is change when i load the game, that's progress, i save and go back in to see if editing the card revert the number RN...and when i reprint the card it revert again to 001. I would be so glad if it had worked 

Edited by zombulu666

21 hours ago, zombulu666 said:

EDIT: i give it a try in 1.0 with the last update of pkhex and it seems like the jersey number is change when i load the game, that's progress, i save and go back in to see if editing the card revert the number RN...and when i reprint the card it revert again to 001. I would be so glad if it had worked 

That's good to hear at least.

And I think I have a theory that the Uniform ID might be stored separately again like your Trainer ID and what Pkhex is just editing is your Uniform ID on the card only... which may be why you keep reverting to your 001.

I think something is linked with the trainer jersey number, for sure.

During my testing, i had notice that even though my card was change to 410, m'y trainer outfit will still show my old 001.

Hinting that the number on my card was not really changed.

Soon as i reprinted my card it shows my old 001 again.

It's pretty weird.

I Hope at some point it will work. It would be awesome.

Edited by zombulu666

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...