Reboot Switch, Files not saved?

GushingAura

Hello, I have an issue where If i use PK Hex with my Homebrew "CFW Emulator" my pokemon shield will have the stuff that I made from PK Hex or generated, but when I reboot my Nintendo Switch (TO GET OUT OF THE CFW EMULATOR AND PLAY NORMALY OR ONLINE) my Pokemon Shield save files will revert back to its ORIGINAL NON MODIFIED save file with nothing.  I use checkpoint during the emulator but when I get out of the homebrew and starts to enter the nintendo original software without any homebrew or mods my SAVE FILES REVERT BACK TO THE ORIGINAL WITHOUT ANY CHEATED POKEMONS, MODDED MONEY, OR ANYTHING..... basically it becomes a legit game before i started to generated stuff.  I am not sure if its my checkpoint saves on what I am suppose to do to EMBED it in my actual game itself or i seriously don't know...  Please help me, thank you for those who have read.

*By the way I use a physical copy of Pokemon Shield and not Digital.  I just want the save files to somehow go onto the save PHYSICAL DISC OR SOMETHING.... or is that not possible?

Edited by GushingAura

So is it possible to Link them together to make them 1 SINGLE SAVE on the PHYSICAL DISC of mine?  I am so sorry if i said things a bit confusing or long because I just started today.  In the end I just want the "HACKED" save file to be on the REAL GAME... not sure if that made sense but is it possible?

Edited by GushingAura

Cartridges for Switch don’t hold save files.

I don’t know what caused the split (assumingly your OFW and CFW both have the same profiles, but they’re treated as separated on the sysMMC and emuMMC now) and I doubt I know how to merge them back into one, aside from only using CFW and bringing CFW online.

(could be related to updating game or firmware of CFW, and leave OFW unupdated) 

[I don’t use emuMMC, so my CFW is on sysMMC and I bring CFW online. Don’t use injections on my save tho]

basically, you want to use your hacked save on OFW, I understand that much. However given your profiles are separate now, as I’ve said, no clue how to remerge them. Maybe someone with more experience with this would come along. In any case, this isn’t a PKHeX issue.

• V-Wheeeeeel!!! 1

Looks like you can’t go into CFW on sysNAND huh.

since you watched a video I’m not sure how I would guide you. You may have to redo the setup of the entire thing (including reformatting your SD to remove the emuMMC), then reperforming those steps. I’ll suggest that you back up the nand on your SD and sysNand, as well as the files on your SD, and try to setup again. I use this site for set up: https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/

as per everything, use at your own risk.

Before you do this, mind showing me what’s in “more configs”?

I’m away from my PC right now, so can’t boot Hekate onto my Switch to check 

I just want to be sure that resetup is our very last option, thus I’m checking everything else in-between first 

Thank you so much for being very helpful and compassionate I will try my best!  I am so sorry if i don't understand a lot of things since this is my first day downloading HOMEBREW and etc...  I am just glad that I got it to work in the first place!!!

*I never trade before but lets say I TRADE on CFW and I get banned from my switch, will i still be able to do LINK TRADE with my friends who is USING A NON BANNED switch (LEGIT SWITCH)?  So my banned switch can trade with a legit switch?

Edited by GushingAura
  • Like 1

No worries. At it stands, reformatting your SD card may be our only option. If you have auto RCM installed, you should be able to boot in Hekate regardless (dragging the bin into tegrasmash with cable connected).

I’ll strongly recommend you backup the NANDs (emu and sys) as well as backup your SD card contents before proceeding with the reformat.

you may need to make sure your SD isn’t partitioned (disc management should be able to show you).

after that, place the contents back onto your SD card (ignoring the partitioning step) then use Hekate and launch CFW into SysNAND.

without the emuMMC detected by Hekate (cause SD was formatted and partition removed) the only way into CFW is sysNAND

I hope this makes sense, and I think this should work. 

As usual, use at your own risk ><

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GushingAura said:

Me too lol!  I have one last question, regarding trading if I do get my switch banned will i be able to LOCALLY TRADE with my buddy who is on a LEGIT SWITCH?

I imagine so, at least that was the case for the 3DS.

being banned just means online is blocked. Unless they switched it up to block local communication too, it’ll probably be fine :/

After doing what you said I JUST WANTED TO SAY THANK YOU SO MUCH!  NOW IT IS SYNC UP!  I Just wanted to say thank you for helping me out (A COMPLETE STRANGER TO YOU)!  You might think it is not that much but it MEANS A WHOLE LOT!  THANK YOU SO MUCH 1 BILLION TIMES OVER!  YOU DON'T KNOW HOW HAPPY YOU MADE ME!

• Like 1