Pokegen editting issues

Ojutai

So I was playing pokemon platinum on desmume, and I wanted to evolve a scyther. So I went on to pokegen, selected the save file, converted scyther to scizor, then pressed file, then save file. After doing that, I opened desmume, and a new pokemon game popped up. Why did this happen? Yes, I tried using the file->Import/Export file, but there was nothing to click. 

https://gyazo.com/fa2fe22d9a69aac71442c0889195f2a2

As you can see, I can't literally press on it Import/export file. 

Is there a way to recover the save file?

4 hours ago, Ojutai said:

So I was playing pokemon platinum on desmume, and I wanted to evolve a scyther. So I went on to pokegen, selected the save file, converted scyther to scizor, then pressed file, then save file. After doing that, I opened desmume, and a new pokemon game popped up. Why did this happen? Yes, I tried using the file->Import/Export file, but there was nothing to click. 

https://gyazo.com/fa2fe22d9a69aac71442c0889195f2a2

As you can see, I can't literally press on it Import/export file. 

Is there a way to recover the save file?

The first, use PKHeX, not Pokegen. PKHeX allows you to modify DSV directly. (so import/export not needed; that's only for .SAV)

Next, our site allows images to directly be uploaded to it. No need to use external image uploaders.

Finally, the option IS there, but greyed out. I'm assuming this screenshot was taken when a game wasn't loaded. Load a game first.

Alright, so I forgot to tell you what other thing I did.

I did find the save file after the pokegen alteration, but i changed the name (Only), because the desmume app stated that it could only accept usable files. So I changed just the name of the rom to end in certain endings (gba, nds, sav) just to see if that would change anything. I tried using it out, but it just wont load, it gives me the message that the rom heading is invalid, and something about it failing. What should I do? the file is below. (note: im kind of a noob with desmume, so i dont know anything except from stuff from youtube)

It's not the second file you uploaded.
image.png

It's fully empty.

Tho at the very least the size is correct, and it appears to be a save for desmume.
Tho why is it named.sav(no$gba).dsv?

How did you edit the save if you can't even find it?

edit: If you can't provide a file that has usable data in it, there is nothing I can do.