Well guess what Ash is.....

pokemonfan

Well I recently found out something not everyone might know. You know in the pokemon anime. Well, ash is voiced by a girl! I know I was shocked. I personally think he is an avid pokemon trainer and I respect him for that. However, can he stop smiling and wipe the goofy grin off his face. Ugh, it hurts to watch sometimes. I just watch the show for the battles! Yeah, I know....

It's common for young male characters to be voiced by females.

Ash, Timmy Turner, and Tommy (from Rugrats) aren't the only males voiced by females. In Super Smash Bros. 64, Kirby was actually voiced by female voice actor Makiko Ōmoto. Slippy Toad from Star Fox 64 was also voiced by a female actor. Finally, the Mario character Toad is voiced by a female, and had another female voice actor in the past.

Both were done by women.

This isn't uncommon. People doing voice acting aren't limimted to characters of the same sex.

First one was as well? That I didn't know. Darn, that now leaves a sour taste in my mouth for my once-crush of Ash. It'll never be the same, now that he's no longer fully man to me :P

I never said it was uncommon. I know Kite from .hack was voiced by a woman as well. :]

Goku, in japanese, is done by a girl's voice.

The Simpsons: Bart Simpson's voice is done by a girl

I remain unimpressed. His original voice was fine, his current one sounds like puberty.

I agree. I loved his old voice...and now...it's just like ick, isn't he supposed to be 20 or so now?

Yes, I had strange fantasies in the years before I hit puberty. Ash was huge for me. :eek:

I read a magazine when i was 8, that Ash's voice was Veronica something, can't remember last name, but I'm pretty sure he was voiced by a lot of females, in different series, I hate his latest voice in the Pokemon Diamond/Pearl series, that it actually convinced me to stop watching.

Brock Kept his voice? I heard when they switched American Voice Actors EVERYONE was fired and replaced...

They did. But the VAs were basically told to not take drastic measures in changing the voices, which is fairly common practice in the animated industry, from what I hear.

Many of them do sound similar, if not exact duplicates. Ash's is a bit different, James is drastically different, but I wouldn't have known the other characters had new VAs if it wasn't for Internet Fan outrage.