Invalid console region flag

bigbangatk

22 minutes ago, bigbangatk said:

So I just updated pkhex and now all my pokemon are flagged and they weren't before

PKHeX updates the legality checks periodically.
This just means your mons were always illegal, it's just that PKHeX identifies it as so now.

If I were to guess, you created your mons from scratch (if you edited existing mons, you probably wouldn't have this problem).

Anyhow, read this comment:

Any follow up questions/words, type into the topic I linked.

• Ditto 1

First, merged thread, you created an unnecessary duplicate, tho I understand you might not see it that way.
I'm locking this thread (again), any further responses please go to the link I've given at the end of this post.

8 hours ago, bigbangatk said:

idk why the last post was closed bc my question wasnt sufficiently answered

Hopefully with the points addressed below, you'll see how I pretty much answered you.
Anyhow, I'm breaking down my answer(s) so you better understand it :) 

WHY it happened, WHEN it happened, and WHO caused the error

Spoiler
10 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

PKHeX updates the legality checks periodically.
This just means your mons were always illegal, it's just that PKHeX identifies it as so now.

If I were to guess, you created your mons from scratch (if you edited existing mons, you probably wouldn't have this problem).

In my response above, I told you why it occurs.
Let's break it down:

WHY: You created mons from scratch (highly likely at this point)
WHEN: Your mons were illegal to begin with, just that previous check didn't show.
So when PKHeX updated legality checks, it now shows what was always there
WHO: You.

HOW to fix it

Spoiler
15 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

For now, drag all the offending Pokemon into a different PKHeX window, then try:

!Species=0
.ConsoleRegion=0
.Country=0

In my response above, I gave you the code for Batch editor. That code should work for some cases (it worked for me previously)

If it doesn't, I just updated the code for batch editor, it should work better now.

!Species=0
.ConsoleRegion=0
.Country=0
.Region=0

Here's an example of it working (click on image to enlarge):
image.png

WHAT to do to prevent future issues

Spoiler
15 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Thing is, when Memories get added into legality checks, your mons would likely get flagged again.

Take my advice: Don't create mons from scratch. Edit an existing mon of the same species caught in-game, of similar circumstance

(If you're trying to make a raid mon shiny, edit one from raid. If you're trying to edit a hatched mon shiny, hatch that mon in-game)

In my response above, I also told you NOT to make things from scratch

8 hours ago, bigbangatk said:

I understand creating from scratch is better

I literally explained why creating from scratch is a bad idea. Don't know why you said creating from scratch is better.
Creating from scratch misses other factors that might get checked in the future (as I explained with the Memories example)

Edit an existing mon. Future-proofing via editing an existing (not creating from scratch) goes a long way...

WHERE to go if you have further questions.

Spoiler
10 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Any follow up questions/words, type into the topic I linked.

In my response above, I also told you if you have anything more to ask regarding that issue, ask in the thread I linked you.

That's the 5W1H response I gave you. It should have been sufficient.

Now to repeat myself: If you have any further things to ask, ask in this thread. :)

• Thanks 2