PKHeX Square Shiny

pandie

• theSLAYER changed the title to PKHeX Square Shiny

Fellas, there no such thing as an Ultra Shiny.
Square shinies aren't even that rare for wild encounters, there is a 15/65536 chance the shiny you get from wild encounters is not a square shiny.

65520/65536-> forced shiny (squares)
15/65536 -> already shiny (stars)
1/65536 -> already shiny (squares)

Use batch editor in PKHeX. ".PID=$shiny0" noquotes.

• 3 months later...
6 hours ago, Cofuto said:

already did PID$shiny0 and not worked, is there another thing to do?

.PID=$shiny0
only works for Gen 8 saves, and if a mon isn't already shiny.

If it was shiny before you used the code,
use
.PID=$rand
to randomize the PID. Should remove the shinies.

1 minute ago, Cofuto said:

Thks, I was trying to make them Square to use the pokebank issue and transfer them to Sword, But know I reallize that they would be normal shinys no matter what.

It appears that code doesn't work for a gen 7 save presently. Any transferred mon can be either Square Shiny or Star Shiny.

• 2 months later...

So does the batch editor hang up alot when using this batch line? It has been sitting at 0% on the progress bar for 15 minutes now.

Edit: It is taking a good chuck of my CPU capacity. Similar to high frame RNG reports. However, there is no sign of completion after an 20 minutes and batch editor crashes.

I have attached the file trying to make square shiny.

009 - Blastoise - 1DA69EFC2B1A.pk8

Edited by 8 Bit-Wolf
Add references

Yes I used .PID=$shiny0. I have tried on 1 or a full box (of that blastoise). it hangs up and will eat up to 40% Thread ripper 1900x

Add: It works fine for some Pks and will hang on some others.

Edited by 8 Bit-Wolf

@Kaphotics if I'm not mistaken, .PID=$shiny0 doesn't work on some entries that do not originate in SWSH.
(PKHeX's batch editor stops functioning. Using Shift+Star freezes PKHeX completely. I initially thought it was TID/SID related, but other mons with the same TID/SID can have it done..)

PKHeX tries to keep the ability bits from the original PID (lowest bit in each 16bit half of the PID):

image.png

In order to get a square shiny, the Xor has to be 0; since we keep both low bits as-is, the above PID has 1 and 0 for each bit; xor is always 1 -- so the shinyxor will never be 0 with this restriction.

I'll need to figure out how to relax this restriction -- PID ability is a little complex:

if (GenNumber > 5 || Format > 5)
                    return -1;

if (Version == (int) GameVersion.CXD)
                    return Array.IndexOf(PersonalInfo.Abilities, Ability);
                return (int)((Gen5 ? PID >> 16 : PID) & 1);

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Loopy said:

I always press shift + click on the shiny button and it transforms into square shiny

maybe it's the latest version or something, but that causes that particular Blastoise to freeze.
(with any other entry that didn't batch edit for me, it causes a freeze too. So this isn't an isolated incident)

Kaphotics also already kindly explained the issue, so I can only assume it's being worked on (since we know what causes it now)